It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

400 cars torched in France

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6

Massive migrant population who've failed to attain their 'dream' of quick riches, luxury, stardom, etc. upon arriving in France.

Cars play a large role in the 'dream' of teenage boys in particular. France has more than it's share, recently arrived from former French North African colonies and elsewhere.

Ok the violence is the work of the have nots. My question is instead of blaming most of the violence on television, do any of the have nots looked into what it takes to become one of the have do's?
Some of those arrested were as young as eight, and the ones using the fuel to set fires as young as ten, so I think it might go beyond being an angry young person.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbra Sideralis
in the interrugation on the police station, when asked to the teens why they started the fire on the parked cars, they say that 1 weird guy came to them as payed 250Euros to them to do that!, they never have seen that guy before, and he was dressed in a classical way with a suit.aparently between 30 to 40 Years old.

Umbra,
that is very interesting indeed. It sounds like some one was trying to start some trouble in your community. Do you have any more information on this? Story in the papers or links to reports or anything?

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by Murphs

A tank of petrol/diesel usually. I think that should be flammable enough!!

Hate to be a smart arse, but diesel doesn't burn, at least to a naked flame. You need to compress it first to be able to ignite it, I believe...

And take it easy, DW. I believe dr_strangecraft was only jesting...

We ALL KNOW European cars are far superior than our American cousins...

We have always had diesel cars..
The first one was broken into and ignited from the inside. Then it exploded.
The second was ignited through the tank..Hubby had forgot to lock it after filling the tank..Wouldn't have mattered. They went on the rampage that day and almost all cars in the car park went up that day..

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   

,,. in the interrugation on the police station, when asked to the teens why they started the fire on the parked cars, they say that 1 weird guy came to them as payed 250Euros to them to do that!, they never have seen that guy before, and he was dressed in a classical way with a suit.aparently between 30 to 40 Years old.
I realy start to think that something realy odd can be hidded behind this subject after i red that on the newspaper.

Thanx for posting that tidbit (weblink or not, who cares) you just confirmed what i suspected all along, namely that we have a typical case of 'engineered' clash-of-civilisations at our hands.

consider the minimal effort required to pull this off, supply a dozen people napalm bombs and pay them for arson, voilà, people predictably (and understandably, given last year's unrest) blame immigrants, creating resentment.

of course, immigrants are being played just the same way as we are and what happens in the suburbs shows they are not at all resistant to this kind of manipulation, unfortunately. the worst part is that fanatics on both sides probably believe that violently forcing the issue is in their best interest...

PS: remember the Danish cartoon fiasco? how many assets are required for a good show? a few burnt embassies (hire 100 arsonists in each location and bring some PR material for the rest) and a killed nun (how many are killed every week in Africa? more thanenough i presume) even if that does not happen by chance, it'd cost the ones pulling the strings next to nothing to either fake it altogether or make it happen, courtesy of a few hundred $.

purely hypothetical of course

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I HAVE to say that I believe that all these immigrants need to be rounded up, in ALL countries – not just France, and shipped back to their countries. This will mean that if you chat to a dude and he has an “accent” then his ass is illegal and easier to identify that a legal immigrant. So, in short, if there are no legal immigrants the chances for illegal immigrants is close to zero and when they do enter they are OBVIOUS!!
So let’s ship their asses back to their countries and be done with it. And if the crap happens with our own “folk” let’s deal with it in the correct manner! Catch them, break their arms and legs and ensure they can never ever get out of a wheelchair – and then deflate the tires too… ok maybe a bit harsh but my initial idea stands – SHIP ‘EM BACK!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by shearder
I HAVE to say that I believe that all these immigrants need to be rounded up, in ALL countries – not just France, and shipped back to their countries. This will mean that if you chat to a dude and he has an “accent” then his ass is illegal and easier to identify that a legal immigrant. So, in short, if there are no legal immigrants the chances for illegal immigrants is close to zero and when they do enter they are OBVIOUS!!
So let’s ship their asses back to their countries and be done with it. And if the crap happens with our own “folk” let’s deal with it in the correct manner! Catch them, break their arms and legs and ensure they can never ever get out of a wheelchair – and then deflate the tires too… ok maybe a bit harsh but my initial idea stands – SHIP ‘EM BACK!!!

I don't believe this will solve any problems. It would just inflame them. It is too simplistic.
Alot of these people with foreign accents stories are cropping up..They are an urban myth.
In my own country it is local kids, from deprived backgrounds, who are disillusioned that are burning cars..No immigrants.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   

You would make a good spokesperson for the BNP. One major problem I see with the "Ship 'em all back" notion is that it would appear to apply to all immigrants. Which would pretty much leave North America to the Native American Indians. Unless of course you go further back, upon which Africa would be the only legally owned area, as it was the place mankind began, and the rest of the world was immigrated to.

In order for a racist to discover their roots, they'd be best to learn another language.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Some government official probably set his new years resolution as passing a bill to get the French public to get of their backsides, stop whining and do some work and actually contribute to Europe rather than just leaching it dry.

Hence the public started burning things and I imagine we will have strikes again very soon.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

in the interrugation on the police station, when asked to the teens why they started the fire on the parked cars, they say that 1 weird guy came to them as payed 250Euros to them to do that!, they never have seen that guy before, and he was dressed in a classical way with a suit.aparently between 30 to 40 Years old.

Umbra,
that is very interesting indeed. It sounds like some one was trying to start some trouble in your community. Do you have any more information on this? Story in the papers or links to reports or anything?

No mate, i tryed to find it when i post this, but no lucky. i red that news in Portuguese newspaper called "O Correio da manhã".but im looking yet, but i am afraid it will be in portuguese if i find.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subcomandante
You would make a good spokesperson for the BNP. One major problem I see with the "Ship 'em all back" notion is that it would appear to apply to all immigrants. Which would pretty much leave North America to the Native American Indians. Unless of course you go further back, upon which Africa would be the only legally owned area, as it was the place mankind began, and the rest of the world was immigrated to.

In order for a racist to discover their roots, they'd be best to learn another language.

Not sure if the "racist" part of that was aimed at me so I won't wear the shoe/hat, however, we won’t go as far as to when time began, but, we could go back to before slavery in the US and perhaps a little further back. I guess if we want to be sophistic we could remove those who are not citizens.

But again, I was saying this tongue in cheek – apologies if it was not obvious and I had to draw a picture. I do definitely agree that a lot of this cr@p is through our own, local, youth but I do not believe it stems back more than 3 decades as I have also noticed that parents don’t do the “parenting” job any longer - or as they should. Some blame “educashun” – perhaps! BUT parents still have the duty of ensuring the right morals are instilled in their kids and teach them right from wrong – like stealing is wrong etc. But I can see a definite breakdown in society as far as the younger generations are concerned – they have a “don’t care” attitude and just don’t give a damn about what is right and what is wrong and the seriously scary part of that is one day they will be ruling countries and running secret government departments and I believe we are heading for social destruction in our communities.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   

The second was ignited through the tank..Hubby had forgot to lock it after filling the tank..Wouldn't have mattered. They went on the rampage that day and almost all cars in the car park went up that day..

Really? That's a first.

Done some further reading at it looks like, if you really try hard enough, that you can set fire to diesel, but it is quite difficult. It has a higher flash point than Petrol, but it appears it does not make it impossible to ignite with a naked flame.

So on the face of it, you appear to have been quite unlucky!

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I've never known diesel to explode. It can catch fire, and it burns just fine once it gets going, but I've never heard of a diesel car exploding..ever.

It's one of the main selling points of diesel vehicles - if you get in a smash-up with some crazy driver, the car might burn, but it's not going to go up like a fire bomb and send your decapitated head into the stratosphere.

On-topic, I'd like to know more about the well-dressed gentleman who paid youths to burn cars. I know for a fact that it's relatively easy to organize a riot if you have a few thousand in cash and are willing to go door-to-door, corner-to-corner, shop-to-shop, in bad neighborhoods. It's a LOT easier to start a riot than to stop one.

Unrest comes cheaper in the third world, but there's nothing that says you can't orgnanize a little chaos in a European nation.

Who stands to gain? BNP? Local politicians? Police budget increase proponents? Anti-muslim plotters in general? Dunno, I'm sure the list is quite a lot longer than that...

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
On-topic, I'd like to know more about the well-dressed gentleman who paid youths to burn cars. I know for a fact that it's relatively easy to organize a riot if you have a few thousand in cash and are willing to go door-to-door, corner-to-corner, shop-to-shop, in bad neighborhoods. It's a LOT easier to start a riot than to stop one.

Unrest comes cheaper in the third world, but there's nothing that says you can't orgnanize a little chaos in a European nation.

Indeed. the mysterious, well-heeled man is a must to find out about. Is it just a rumour or can the story be corroborated somehow? Who was the witness? Can anyone contact them, perhaps?

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Who stands to gain? BNP? Local politicians? Police budget increase proponents? Anti-muslim plotters in general? Dunno, I'm sure the list is quite a lot longer than that...

I doubt the BNP would stand to gain from French riots

But you have a point. Worth looking into, this.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   

No mate, i tryed to find it when i post this, but no lucky. i red that news in Portuguese newspaper called "O Correio da manhã".but im looking yet, but i am afraid it will be in portuguese if i find.

Umbra,
Ok thanks. If there has been a history of people trying to stir up trouble in your area or surrounding areas then you probably already know part of what is going on.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Really? That's a first.

Done some further reading at it looks like, if you really try hard enough, that you can set fire to diesel, but it is quite difficult. It has a higher flash point than Petrol, but it appears it does not make it impossible to ignite with a naked flame.

So on the face of it, you appear to have been quite unlucky!

The joys of him working where he does.
It didn't explode the second time. The smouldering carcass was left..This is the funny bit, the PSNI told hubby he would have to pay to get it towed away.
Dad has a friend who is a mechanic..So they went down to get it..Some fecker had nicked a burnt out shell..6 of them to be exact!

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Indeed. the mysterious, well-heeled man is a must to find out about. Is it just a rumour or can the story be corroborated somehow? Who was the witness? Can anyone contact them, perhaps?

Have you not met him..The one with all the money, that gives people bomb warnings..Telling them to stay out of certain towns.
Warning them of all sorts of bad things..He arabic looking with a "strange" accent..
I thought everyone had, everyone and their aunt, cousin, bro, sis etc..
I am disappointed I haven't, glad to meet someone else who hasn't met him!

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Not sure if the "racist" part of that was aimed at me so I won't wear the shoe/hat, however, we won’t go as far as to when time began, but, we could go back to before slavery in the US and perhaps a little further back. I guess if we want to be sophistic we could remove those who are not citizens.

But again, I was saying this tongue in cheek – apologies if it was not obvious and I had to draw a picture. I do definitely agree that a lot of this cr@p is through our own, local, youth but I do not believe it stems back more than 3 decades as I have also noticed that parents don’t do the “parenting” job any longer - or as they should. Some blame “educashun” – perhaps! BUT parents still have the duty of ensuring the right morals are instilled in their kids and teach them right from wrong – like stealing is wrong etc. But I can see a definite breakdown in society as far as the younger generations are concerned – they have a “don’t care” attitude and just don’t give a damn about what is right and what is wrong and the seriously scary part of that is one day they will be ruling countries and running secret government departments and I believe we are heading for social destruction in our communities.

It wasn't aimed at you, and I didn't realise it was tongue in cheek, apologies. It's somewhat of a relief mind.
I agree with what you're saying about the parents, but as much as its their individual problem, societys entire view has changed towards parenting, and not for the better. Having your child kitted out with all the equipment TV says they need to survive seems to be more important than teaching morals and ethics. But I'm no parent, so I can't exactly comment...

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   

It wasn't aimed at you, and I didn't realise it was tongue in cheek, apologies. It's somewhat of a relief mind.
I agree with what you're saying about the parents, but as much as its their individual problem, societys entire view has changed towards parenting, and not for the better. Having your child kitted out with all the equipment TV says they need to survive seems to be more important than teaching morals and ethics. But I'm no parent, so I can't exactly comment...

Hey i have to agree with you. I remember when i was at school - man we didn't have stuff hanging around our necks and in hip pouches or in back packs etc. Nowdays they walk around with iPods and PSPs etc etc and have quad bikes in the garage... oh hell!! What can I say. Well I will be a daddy in 5 weeks tim - my first - and I just hope I can practise what I preach in the way that I preach it. Granted it is never easy but I was lucky to have a good up bringing and I hope to instill the same qualities and morals in my daughter. I just hope all my beliefs and moral values I can transfer into my daughter and again I realise a parent can only do so much and I will, and can, only do my best.

Wish me luck LOL

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Congratulations man. Change starts in children, as I'm sure you're aware. When I have children, I hope to bring them up with a questioning nature, which I feel is one of the main things missing in society today. Too much information, not enough questions. But yeah, congrats, and I hope you do the right thing in bringing up your children, though no doubt thats a given.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join