It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

400 cars torched in France

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
New Years Violence in France

400 cars were torched in France on New Years Eve. What is it with France and the ‘torching cars’ thing? It seems to be the anger outlet of choice.

I bet car insurance there is through the roof!

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Same thing in N. Ireland...It isn't isolated to France.
We have lost 2 cars this way..

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
" What is it with France and the ‘torching cars’ thing? It seems to be the anger outlet of choice. "

It's to be suspected it's the work of the have-nots.

Massive migrant population who've failed to attain their 'dream' of quick riches, luxury, stardom, etc. upon arriving in France.

Cars play a large role in the 'dream' of teenage boys in particular. France has more than it's share, recently arrived from former French North African colonies and elsewhere.

When in their homeland, surrounded by donkey-carts, they envisaged themselves living the high-life, once arrived in France.

The 'dream' fails to materialise in the large majority of cases. Resentment festers like a boil. Meanwhile, they watch the French driving around in luxury (and other) cars, earning, sipping lattes, etc.

The migrant youths are largely unskilled, uneducated, unable to find permanent work and cluster in ghettos, watching US negro rappers on tinny little tvs.

All they dream of is so near yet so unattainable. Their frustration and rage become palpable.

The symbol of the 'dream' to these youths are the motor vehicles they can't have and don't have much hope of getting.

So they destroy what they don't and can't have.

And to justify their jealousy, envy and rage, they claim social and political motivation.

Time the French shipped these largely unwanted leaches on French society back to the boondocks. Then tv's should be removed from those boondocks, because the root of their dissatisfaction with their life and homeland is CAUSED by what they've seen and are seeing on tv.

You don't miss what you don't have. It's true.

Problem is, tv causes people to want and to miss many things that are actually totally out of their reach.

The lesson should be: ' Make the best of and be happy with what you have' ....... not: ' Dream it and it shall become true'.

Dreaming of something does NOT make it come true. If it did, everyone would be a lottery winner and pop/movie star and incredibly attractive and accomplished.

TV creates unrealistic expectations.

These expectations next become regarded as 'entitlements' which the wicked French or Americans etc. are withholding from the world's poor.

The cars are being torched by the have-nots who feel they're entitled to 'punish' the cars' owners for owning a car.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
That sure sounds like a nice way to earn some extra money:

Torch YOUR car and blame it on restless french youth.

Just a thought - and I bet that some french guy already beat me to it.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I don't see any justification in these random acts, the perpetrators should be severely punished. Its really unfair because if they are jobless and such they certainly won't be able to pay the fines or damage costs involved. The victims are truly unfortunate and I sympathize with their plight. Its upsetting that hard-working individuals who have done nothing have to get such treatment.

But if you ran out with a bat and beat these punks unconscious, you'd probably get a charge and put in jail. At least here in the states thats how it'd go.

Edited for spelling... sorry its early

[edit on 2-1-2007 by MasterJedi]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

You think it's a massive insurance scam? Torch cars and blame it on the youth in order to get an insurance check? Hmmmm .... that has some merit. However, I don't think that the majority are insurance scams. Considering the social aspects as related by DOCK6 ... most are likely just plain ol' violent crimes instead of insurance scam crimes.

But hey ... I'm sure some of them could very well be scammed.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This is really no-news in France. Heard it yesterday once in the #1 radio in France. There have been less cars burned than the years before. Doesn't seem to be fashion anymore.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
That sure sounds like a nice way to earn some extra money:

Just a thought - and I bet that some french guy already beat me to it.

Harder said then done..We couldn't even claim of our insurance because hubby works in a hot spot area.
Before you can even claim the official paperwork you go through wouldn't make it worth your while..
Because you already thought of it..Means the French insurance companies have already thought about it..

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
What make of cars are igniting?

Are European cars more flammable that others?

Maybe these are cases of spontaneous combustion. Has anyone caught the event on video?

It would be interesting to know what was IN the cars when they combusted. Someone's homework, that they couldn't turn in because it burned in a "car-bee-que," or perhaps those baguettes have previously unguessed pyrotechnic qualities.

Thanks for the news blip though. It's why I forage here on ATS.

[edit on 2-1-2007 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
Maybe these are cases of spontaneous combustion. Has anyone caught the event on video?

I don't know if there are any videos of this, but I know how they did it here in Portugal some years ago, when we had some cases like this.

As this is an ilegal activity I will not post it here, but if you want to know send me a U2U.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

What make of cars are igniting?

Are European cars more flammable that others?

It would be interesting to know what was IN the cars when they combusted. Someone's homework, that they couldn't turn in because it burned in a "car-bee-que," or perhaps those baguettes have previously unguessed pyrotechnic qualities.

Thanks for the news blip though. It's why I forage here on ATS.

[edit on 2-1-2007 by dr_strangecraft]

A tank of petrol/diesel usually. I think that should be flammable enough!!

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The vicious cycle of the misguided

Kids get angry = Kids get violent = "General Public" get scared = Kids get arrested = Kids get angry = Kids get violent....

Be it exploding Parisian cars or gang violence across the world, we should be more worried about the reasons than the reaction.

Materialism, Capitalism, Ideology, Religion, Lies, Hatred, Fear and Loathing, all the big players are out.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murphs

It is; but then, every vehicle on the planet is loaded the same way. But only some of them are proving to be kindling. Maybe its the license tag/plate/decal that's causing some to burn . . .

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   

It is; but then, every vehicle on the planet is loaded the same way. But only some of them are proving to be kindling. Maybe its the license tag/plate/decal that's causing some to burn . . .

dr_strangecraft, i want to thank you for giving me a laugh this afternoon.

God knows I needed it after a long boring day at home

thanks again

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   

So thats why american cars dont burn then? Because excriment doesnt burn...

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I don't realy know what is behind all this "burn car" phenomena, but i can tell to you something very weird that happened here in my residencial zone(Portugal):

one mounth ago 2 cars parked started in fire and the locals call the police and fireman, the police was able to catch the 2 guys that started it, some moments after the incident. in the interrugation on the police station, when asked to the teens why they started the fire on the parked cars, they say that 1 weird guy came to them as payed 250Euros to them to do that!, they never have seen that guy before, and he was dressed in a classical way with a suit.aparently between 30 to 40 Years old.
I realy start to think that something realy odd can be hidded behind this subject after i red that on the newspaper.

[edit on 3-1-2007 by Umbra Sideralis]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Hate to be a smart arse, but diesel doesn't burn, at least to a naked flame. You need to compress it first to be able to ignite it, I believe...

And take it easy, DW. I believe dr_strangecraft was only jesting...

We ALL KNOW European cars are far superior than our American cousins...

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Well it is part of the appaling social-economical situation in europe. I think Germany and France have very high unemployment rates and very high tax rates which serve to widen the gap between the haves and have-nots.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Well it is part of the appaling social-economical situation in europe. I think Germany and France have very high unemployment rates and very high tax rates which serve to widen the gap between the haves and have-nots.

I would hardly describe it as appalling. There are issues yes, but if we're going to start using such strong sentiments I would advise you make sure your not in a glass house yourself....

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
People are tired of the so-call capitalism who is not working at all. It's a feodalist type of economy. The west is the king, and the third world countries are the peasants. The ``dream`` of capitalism is pure BS. You have one chance in 10.000.000 to find an idea to get rich, unless you don't get crushed by the monopolistics policies of big corporations. The Kings are owning everything again... it's time for a revolution, Jefferson said it, we should make revolution every 100 years.

I'm not a communist,
i'm just saying the reality.. big corporations owning everything, outsourcing jobs and taking our civil rights.

[edit on 3-1-2007 by Vitchilo]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join