It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

plz help: I am the worlds biggest procrastinator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 12:49 AM
link   
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHRRRRGGGG

I dont know what to do, I often find myself stayin up till 5 in the morning to finish a stupid paper. All because I start at like 2 in the morning. I just cant start.....whatever I do......if it's long........then I cant start it......

Please Help me any suggestions on what to do?????
:shk::shk:
:shk:
:bnghd:

[Edited on 8-12-2003 by omega1]

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Why do today what you can put off until tomarrow?

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:30 AM
link   
its sad but i have to agree with you man

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Many people have had the experience of completing papers while running on adrenalin.

As to your assertion that you are the world's worst procrastinator, can I give that some thought and maybe tell you what I think late next week?

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:55 AM
link   
you never cease to amuse MA

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 02:12 AM
link   
actually i hold the title of biggest procrastinator. i would do abosolutely no work in high school and my friends can tell you that is true. they would try and get me to cheat so i could pass and i wouldnt even do that. i just didnt care to do it. i have no motivation for anything. i wanted to post on this topic 1 hour ago but i justn now got around to it. also in my school you would always do everything at the last minute. but when my friends went to college they said everyone does it real fast at the beginning so they can have free time at the end. are they backwards or am i? in high school i wasnt going to graduate so they sent me to an alternative campus with 3 months left to go and 4 credits to go and i got her done luckily.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 02:16 AM
link   
you know what......

# this procrstination #...

we just live life to the last drop. im gonna think of it that way

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Procrastinating is not living man. The whole time you are procrastinating you are feeling guilty and stressing about what you have to do.

Whether you do it now or do it later, you still have to do the same amount of work. Why waste time feeling guilty and stressed. Just get it done so you can enjoy yourself.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 02:28 AM
link   
nah man. wait till the last second to do things. its the american way. i like waiting till the last minute i work better when i know its due really soon.

layne staley put this good. "One who doesn't care is One who shouldnt be" i am not motivated to do anything at almost anytime. i just dont see the point in it.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 02:47 AM
link   
i think im gonna drink and smoke all of my problems away

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 02:58 AM
link   
ive got it.......I should stop worrying its all in my head..
it's not like im gonna die from staying up and writing a paper.......
:shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk:

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Sorry, I've been meaning to reply to this thread......

Some people (I am one of them) work better under pressure, and you are subconsciously creating the time crunch pressure perhaps? I did the same thing in school, then I'd turn in an "A" paper...

The best weapon against procrastination though, is a routine... If you set a certain time, certain days, etc. and just do homework...then after a while, it'll be easier to stick to it, and not procrastinate... There'll be a period of adjustment though....like a recovering alchoholic, hehe...

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Some people (I am one of them) work better under pressure, and you are subconsciously creating the time crunch pressure perhaps? I did the same thing in school, then I'd turn in an "A" paper...

I'm the same way. Plus, it's not too bad, as long as you get it done.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by omega1
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHRRRRGGGG

I dont know what to do, I often find myself stayin up till 5 in the morning to finish a stupid paper. All because I start at like 2 in the morning. I just cant start.....whatever I do......if it's long........then I cant start it......

Please Help me any suggestions on what to do?????
:shk::shk:
:shk:
:bnghd:

[Edited on 8-12-2003 by omega1]

First of all, me having studied psychology I can help you out as to "why" you procrastinate...

Try and think of the feeling you get when you are procrastinating.
Think of the feeling you get before you do procrastinate.

If you can hold on to that feeling, close your eyes and rummage through your head to find an area in your life that holds that same feeling in your past.

keep holding on to it... Try and remember what circumstances you were under that gave you that feeling.

That is "why" you procrastinate...

Now get a pen and paper ready...

Tell yourself that that was the past, your not in that situation anymore... LET GO.

Write down the situation so you can look at it when you get that feeling now....

Try and change the feeling before you start procrastinating. Usually making a new path to walk down can leave that feeling behind...

This is behavioural change.

You are in the PRESENT now, and you need to get out of that habitual feeling.

All you can do after that is DO.

Keep doing... don't stop...

Look at the paper when you have to so that it can keep you on your new path until you don't need it anymore.

When that happens, you've created a new habit.

Not procrastinating, and it will be alot better feeling then the one you have now....

u2u me ifyou need more help...

top topics

join