It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BOXING: Fight plan: April 24 at Staples Center

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
(Reuters)
JOHANNESBURG, South Africa -- The world heavyweight title bout between South Africa's Corrie Sanders and Vitali Klitschko of the Ukraine will take place April 24 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, Sanders' manager Vernon Smith told Reuters on Wednesday.

Sanders is currently training in the countryside north of Johannesburg.

The venue was the last major detail to be worked out in the bout for the World Boxing Council title relinquished by Lennox Lewis when he retired last month.

Klitschko lost to Lewis in Lewis' last professional fight in June and is the No. 1 contender for the WBC title, with Sanders No. 2.

The WBC title is recognized as the most prestigious of the four belts.

Sanders, 38, knocked out Klitschko's brother Vladimir last year in a huge upset to win the WBO version of the heavyweight crown. Sanders gave up his WBO belt in October.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   
This is going to be a great fight,i think Klitschko will will,Sanders is 38? i didn't realise that.He must have to train real hard if he wants to last the distance with Klitschko,I think Sanders only chance is a early knockdown.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Speedfreak
This is going to be a great fight,i think Klitschko will will,Sanders is 38? i didn't realise that.He must have to train real hard if he wants to last the distance with Klitschko,I think Sanders only chance is a early knockdown.

Sanders suprised everyone by Knocking out Wladimir for the WBO Heavyweight Title last year, and he could do the same this time around. Do I actually see that happening? Nah I dont think so, but you never know in boxing. Everything can change with one punch.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Well i agree there,you get that lucky punch once,but twice! That would be something if he did manage it but i can't see it happeneing myself.Klitschko needs to boss him from the start and really make him work then Sanders will tire and Klitschko can go in for the kill.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Well i agree there,you get that lucky punch once,but twice! That would be something if he did manage it but i can't see it happeneing myself.Klitschko needs to boss him from the start and really make him work then Sanders will tire and Klitschko can go in for the kill.

Thats exactly the same tactic I would use. Took the words right outta my mouth.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
LOL! i thought that just made sense when you would fight a older fighter as there stamina won't last.

But that one punch could decide it,you just need that one lapse in concentration and its lights out.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   

LOL! i thought that just made sense when you would fight a older fighter as there stamina won't last.

But that one punch could decide it,you just need that one lapse in concentration and its lights out.

Yes and Sanders has amazing punching power. Just ask Wladimir.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Yep he surely spanked him out good and proper lol!

Well it certainly be a interesting fight and i can't wait to see the outcome of it.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Yep he surely spanked him out good and proper lol!

Well it certainly be a interesting fight and i can't wait to see the outcome of it.

Me Neither. I cant wait for this fight.

TRD

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I yhink Klitsckho will do it,he has too much for Sanders.

Sanders isn't getting any younger and unless he can produce that big punch he will get beaten quite easily.

top topics

join