It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASEBALL: BREAKING NEWS: Trainer admits to giving Steriods

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Barry Bonds' personal trainer told federal agents he gave steroids to several baseball players, according to documents released Tuesday.

No players were identified in the documents and it was unclear whether the trainer, Greg Anderson, gave specific names to the federal agents.

Anderson was one of four men charged last week in a steroid-distribution ring that allegedly supplied athletes with banned substances. All four pleaded innocent. No athletes have been charged.

Federal officials released two affidavits Tuesday that supported search warrants used in raids on Anderson's home in September.

"Inside Anderson's residence, agents found steroids, syringes and other paraphernalia associated with steroid distribution activities," the documents said. "In addition, agents found files identifying specific athletes. These files contained calendars, which appear to contain references to daily doses of steroids and growth hormones."

The new documents say Anderson initially denied distributing steroids in discussions with federal agents but later said he sometimes "gave" steroids to people he knew.

"Upon further questioning, Anderson admitted that he had given steroids to several professional baseball players," the documents say.

TRD

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Well this is not a surprise,he knew he was in deep trouble and knew he had to fess up to doing it.So this just goes to prove aswell the sports stars knew what they were taking .

Ben

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
we all know now that he gave some to Bonds, but who else?

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
as i remember giambi was another player who was questioned by the grand jury, what should be done with the players who are involved?

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   
personally I would love a couple of big-name players to be convicted of steroid use....it would definitely speed the process of enacting better testing and penalty policies....and in the long-run may save major league baseball.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by toejam
as i remember giambi was another player who was questioned by the grand jury, what should be done with the players who are involved?

I'm thinking that just fining them wouldn't be enough, they all get paid so much. I think for this year, I know this is crazy and would kill baseball, they should suspend all the players involved in steroid use until after the all-star break. That would only be reasonable, the all-star game shouldn't be full of steroid druggies.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   
only the all-star break?? Geez, you are wayyyy to nice.

I recall in an earlier thread discussing drugs i suggested a one year ban for first offense...

top topics

join