It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: SOCCER: Mexicans deny U.S. Olympic hopes again

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by crayon
You can look at this from a different angle. I am guessing that the hostile fans that let everyone know, were raised loving their team and hating the other teams and their fans.

Well yes your right..

Certain Fans are like that.

As for racism it has crept into the game but not that much.

I would say its more passion for you team and caught up in the moment.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
If you never teach a child hate, will that child ever hate anything? There are a lot of things in this world that if they were not taught to the children, would disappear.

We could have the 60's all over again.

TRD

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   

If you never teach a child hate, will that child ever hate anything? There are a lot of things in this world that if they were not taught to the children, would disappear.

We could have the 60's all over again.

Possibly not they might not hate as long as they never had contact with anyone else but they soon would once they got away from there parents and would more than likely hate them the worse for what they did to them.

But then you are touching in other subjects.

The issue here was soccer fans and as i said its more passion and caught up in the moment than racism and pure hatred.

Of course you will get people like that who are racists and stuff in soccer but the same goes for everyday life and in everyday life its a lot worse.

[Edited on 12/2/04 by TRD]

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
For me, the extremes some of the fans and players go to are beyond just passion for the game and their team.

And you generally do not see that in the states. Every once in a while, but not too often.

TRD

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   

For me, the extremes some of the fans and players go to are beyond just passion for the game and their team.

And you generally do not see that in the states. Every once in a while, but not too often.

You get the ocassional one where they do go to far yes i don't deny that.These incidents do get singled out and made a big issue of but you don't see it everyday.I have been to 100's and 100's of games and on a whole its the passion and the heat of the moment.

Ben

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
yes i have been to games myself and like i got caught up but it was mainly shouting go and YEAAAAAA and things like that nothing about shout obscence things.

Ben

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
do you know what im trying to say?

TRD

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
do you know what im trying to say?

Yes LOL i hear ya.

Try swearing next time then i might take notice

J/K

Yes there is lots of people who go and just cheer for their team,In my experience of going to matches they are outnumbered by the ones who shout out obscene stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join