It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alright, Who is going to watch the New Battlestar Galactica Monday?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Will be presented on the Sci-fi channel on Monday, December 8th.
I'm watched the old Battlestar Galactica series back when, but am kind of anticipating the New version.
How many of you are looking forward to this New version?
I wonder what many will think of it, as compared to the old?

I guess we'll find out soon enough....

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Caught some promos over the weekend..looks good. I'd put it on the schedule except I don't get sci-fi.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I'm bummed that they made starbuck into a woman. Well, sorta

I'll be watching.

[Edited on 7-12-2003 by beergoggles]

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I'm looking forward to it... I'm going to try and keep comparisons at a minimum...and just enjoy it for what it is... Richard Hatch seemed to support it on the previews, but I'll bet inside he was fuming.... He's been trying to get a remake with the original actors done for ages (either movie or series)...

I think it looks promising....

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Tomorrow night?! Gotta see it. Damn! that's going to interfere with Monday night football! Oh wait! I have screen in screen

Oh yeah! These HDTV's are Da Bomb! Wooooo Hoooo! BattleStar Galactica! I always thought the origional was GREAT writing limited by a small production budget which made it bearable.

I figure if Sci-Fi is doing it and they do it HALF as good as they did "Taken" it'll be the BSG I always wanted to see!

PEACE...
m...

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   
hahaha...lucky you and Val Springer

I'm looking forward to the new Battlestar Galactica myself......
Sci-fi is running promo's of it like its going out of style or something.......

I hope its as good as it looks....

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Man I cant wait. I am going to watch all of it.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Well I just got done watching the new Battlestar Galactica.

Its different. Adama... Greene was better. More compasionate about civilians. Starbuck (Katee Sackhoff), no offense, but I don't think she works. Boomer (Grace Park)... I am a fan of the old series, but OH MY. I will have to say she is hot. She cries too much.

Speaking of crying, everybody was super emotional. Have we all gone soft?

Trying not to give too much away for those that have not seen it yet.

And of course, we have all seen Number 6 (Tricia Helfer), interesting choices of outfits. Not sure I can handle a machine being that real, and um, that horny.

Lots of things appeared to happen, but in the end, not much. That was kinda depressing.

Though, there were some great scenes in space. I don't care for the new Vipers. I like how they showed the ships maneuvering. There was too much mix of technology. And the ease the Cylons had at disabling all the ships, kinda annoying.

Overall it was not bad.

I think it would have been better to have a new group of people, with new nicknames, as the fighter pilots. And have the old crew on the Galactica to send her into retirement. That would have been interesting. Then you could have killed off the old members in an honorable way.

One thing I absolutely did not care for was the lack of sound in space, yeah, yeah, I know, more than likely that is what it would be like. One thing I absolutely loved were the new Cylon ships. *SPOILER* They are Cylons themselves, with red roving eye and all, they were sweet. Though they kinda reminded me of the death fighters from SG-1.

What do others think of it?

[Edited on 12/8/03 by crayon]

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Man it was pretty cool. I wish they would include more of the Earrth search thing though. It would be cool if they found Earth.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I missed most of it it was Monday Night Football and was grillin brats and drinkin a few cold buds fwith the friends over tonite so i only got to change it to sci-fi channel 3x during the commercials.

Oh well im sure they'll play it again soon.

[Edited on 9-12-2003 by thehippiedude]

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Crayon...you pretty much summed up my opinion of it exactly....

I agree on all points....

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 08:21 AM
link   
About 45 minutes was all I could take of this. I guess I'm just too set on the old series to accept the new.

Starbuck as a woman just doesn't work for me (no offense to the ladies).

:shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk:

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   
It was good. Ya know. I wasn't gonna watch it but, i changed my mind. The whole thing seemed more believable. The characters didn't seem so comic booky like in the first series. In other words, they had depth. Even the story about the Ceylons had depth.

I will be watching the second part.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Well it is not finished and I think thaty we could have used a few more mini movies.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
That was supposed to be the end? Well, I hope their point was to kick off a series then....cause otherwise, that's just silly... Guess I should actually look into it, huh....?

top topics

join