It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam Executed On The Worst Possible Day Of The Year - EID

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Was it chance or a plan to have Saddam executed on the Muslim 'Feast of the Sacrifice' AKA Eid? The highest holy day of the year, a day of reconciliation, a day of forgiveness, and the first sacrifice is the former leader of Iraq, this is when they choose to draw blood?

Wiki - Eid ul-Adha

Dying for Our Sins
The sacrifice of the Iraqi President on the first day of Eid could make a prophet of Saddam Hussein

Today is the first day of the Eid al adha, or Feast of Sacrifice. Celebrated by Muslims worldwide, it's a major holiday like Christmas or Hanukkah, commemorating the willingness of the Prophet Abraham to sacrifice his son Ishmael to God.
The Iraqi people have today sacrificed Saddam Hussein to God. Not unlike the symbol of Jesus, said to have given his own life and died for our sins. Yet like Saddam, Jesus had little choice in the matter. The timing of Saddam's death suggests more than martyrhood - it suggests prophethood.

More

Current Al-Jazeera (Arabic) Online Poll
The Question is:

How Do You Consider Executing Saddam On The First Day Of Eid Al-Adha?

With Over 27,303 Responses, Here Are The Opinions:

It Was An Insult..........................92.5%

More

Timing of Saddam execution risks Arab backlash: analysts

"The main issue here is that the execution took place on the morning of the Eid al-Adha," Gad told AFP. "This will stir anger and humiliation in people, whether they supported him or not.

"Generally in the region, people's emotions are already anti-US, and these images will add to that feeling," he warned.

The executive editor of the Dubai-based Al-Arabiya news channel, Nabil Khatib, agreed.

"The pictures will re-create the anger and frustration among a large part of the Arab masses," Khatib told AFP.

"Once more, ordinary Arabs felt that there is a conspiracy against their symbols."

More

No good will come of this!

[edit on 31-12-2006 by Malichai]

[edit on 31-12-2006 by Malichai]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Perhaps those who chose that particular day felt that it would be taken as a good event happening on a good day. Sort of like giving a Christmas present to Iraq. Although I whether or not it's accepted as such is sure to variate amongst the Iraqi people.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Maybe they were only making a point to make an example of him for extremist factions.

Think about it. "We don't care for, or respect your culture. We are above you. If you appose us, then we don't need to follow your rules."

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I read news articles saying that those who carried out the execution saw it as a GIFT to the people of Iraq on a holy day.

Just FYI - Did ya'll know that the Muslims changed the son of Abrahams sacrifice from Issac to Ishmael? According to their religion, Abraham was going to kill Ishmael, not Issac as the Christian bible says.

A major holy day to commemorate a delusional guy who thought God wanted him to kill his kid, sacrificial style. Geeeeze. I don't get organized religion sometimes. At one point or another THEY ALL celebrate dysfunctional things.

Edited to add - They kill each other off on 'holy days'. They stampede each other to death by the hundreds upon hundreds during the HAJJ. Giving the Iraqis a holiday gift by executing the monster Saddam on that day - which commemorates a father wanting to murder his son in the name of God - isn't a big deal. It's just another death among many.

[edit on 1/1/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   

They kill each other off on 'holy days'. They stampede each other to death by the hundreds upon hundreds during the HAJJ. Giving the Iraqis a holiday gift by executing the monster Saddam on that day - which commemorates a father wanting to murder his son in the name of God - isn't a big deal. It's just another death among many.

Your opinions on the matter don't matter, not one single bit.

Its what Muslims around the world, and especially in the middle east, think about it that matters.

The poll from AJ shows more than 90% are insulted, and they likely blame us for choosing the day, not the Iraqi people.

We could have allowed it for any other day but I believe they choose the most offensive date possible to incete even more violence.

[edit on 1-1-2007 by Malichai]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Perhaps those who chose that particular day felt that it would be taken as a good event happening on a good day. Sort of like giving a Christmas present to Iraq. Although I whether or not it's accepted as such is sure to variate amongst the Iraqi people.

I believe they would easily have known it would be controversial. Whoever pushed this date was no Muslim. Another Muslim wouldn't dare try to offend the vast majority!

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malichai

My opinion matters as much as yours does. YOU said it was the worst possible day. I showed that it doesn't matter what day it's on. They kill on every day of the year. They kill each other, sometimes by the hundreds, on holy days all the time. Sometimes by accident and sometimes on purpose. One more death doesn't matter.

We could have allowed it for any other day ...

"we could have allowed"???? You don't get it. This was a soverign act carried out by a soverign nation. We had no say in when he was to be executed.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Whoever pushed this date was no Muslim.

Wrong.

It was ALL MUSLIMS who carried out the death sentence. It was a MUSLIM judge that condemned him. It was a MUSLIM who signed off on having the execution on a muslim 'holy day'. The MUSLIMS doing this considered it a GIFT to the Iraqis for the holy day. The MUSLIMS around Saddam at the hanging cheered and called for his body to remain hanging for at least three minutes to be sure he was dead.

A soverign act by a soverign MUSLIM nation... and they were happy to be doing it.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   

"we could have allowed"???? You don't get it. This was a soverign act carried out by a soverign nation. We had no say in when he was to be executed.

You are mistaken. Saddam was in our custody until just before the execution. We could have held him for another day. It was our choice!

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

We could have held him for another day. It was our choice!

Iraq, A soverign nation, had legal documents requiring we turn him over to their custody. We followed the LAW. THEIR law. It is fully on THEM as to what day THEY wanted to send Saddam to Hell.

To blame America because we didn't buck their system ... that's silly.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Like you said, it doesn't matter what I think. Its what Muslims around the world think about it, and they are offended, and many blame us.

You can excuse it and try to wash it away, but they are not calling you up at home, asking you what you think, then doing the very same.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

You are mistaken. Saddam was in our custody until just before the execution. We could have held him for another day. It was our choice!

So wait, do you actually believe that since we handed over the convict, to another country, we are in the wrong? Are we wrong for every extradition, or just this one? It was our choice to follow the rules and hand him over. Bottom line is, Iraqis executed him, not the US.

Whoever pushed this date was no Muslim. Another Muslim wouldn't dare try to offend the vast majority!

So how exactly do you explain Osama bin Laden? I think he did remarkably well at offending a vast majority of Muslims.

Then why on earth are you posting this here, instead of some Middle Eastern forum instead of a global forum? Because here, everyone's opinion (no matter how far fetched) is at least read, considered, and does matter.

This reminds me of when a friend brought up some gay pride fest they were having in Israel, and how he thought it was wrong, because that area of the world is "holy land" and shouldn't be desecrated. I just stared at him, and asked him how holy a land was when people were killing each other almost on a daily basis. Same thing here, what difference is this in the grand scheme of things, to any other Muslim creating an act of murder against a fellow Muslim (think Iraq, insurgents did not stop killing for the Hajj, did they?)

Originally Posted By FlyersFan: To blame America because we didn't buck their system ... that's silly.

Agreed 100%. Whether anyone wants to say this is a "puppet government" or the real deal, it was their government that followed through on this execution, not the United States.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

Agreed 100%. Whether anyone wants to say this is a "puppet government" or the real deal, it was their government that followed through on this execution, not the United States.

Iraq does not have a legit government if US forces are still in control there, Iraq has no political control as it is in shambles from war still. Technically I would call it a "puppet government" for this fact. United States just put on a big show, making us think Iraq administration is in control.
......Oh look the Iraqis are hanging him lol....... yeah right.....

It's so transparent..

"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The day was probably chosen because it was a holiday. It would be a good day because that holiday would keep a lot of people (muslims) busy so they couldn't be out in the streets causing a ruckus. At least that is the way that I read into the situation.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

The court was created under the puppet IGC, and FOREIGN ADMINISTRATIVE JUDGES were appointed. The administrative judges have full control over the system.

No sovereign government elected under a ratified constitution took part in its creation. It is the FOURTH BRANCH OF GOVERNMENT, and independent entity within the Iraqi government that neither the administrative, legeslative, nor even judicial system of Iraq can influence.

Iraq is not sovereign, Iraq is a dictatorship with the special court as dictator.

Iraq will not be free until they overthrow their elected government, kick out the judges, and create a new constitution free from foreign influence and judicial dictatorship.

Try reading the statute of the special court before replying to this please.

www.cpa-iraq.org...

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Iraq does not have a legit government if US forces are still in control there, Iraq has no political control as it is in shambles from war still. Technically I would call it a "puppet government" for this fact. United States just put on a big show, making us think Iraq administration is in control.

The Iraqi government and the Special Court are two different things. Neither has direct control over the other, but the court has control over all the individuals that make up the government.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
More reactions of outrage from Iraq.

Riverbend - Iraqi Girl Blog

A Lynching...
It's official. Maliki and his people are psychopaths. This really is a new low. It's outrageous- an execution during Eid. Muslims all over the world (with the exception of Iran) are outraged. Eid is a time of peace, of putting aside quarrels and anger- at least for the duration of Eid.

This does not bode well for the coming year. No one imagined the madmen would actually do it during a religious holiday. It is religiously unacceptable and before, it was constitutionally illegal. We thought we'd at least get a few days of peace and some time to enjoy the Eid holiday, which coincides with the New Year this year. We've spent the first two days of a holy holiday watching bits and pieces of a sordid lynching.

America the savior… After nearly four years and Bush's biggest achievement in Iraq has been a lynching. Bravo Americans. Maliki has made the mistake of his life. His signature and unhidden glee at the whole execution, especially on the first day of Eid Al Adha (the Eid where millions of Muslims make a pilgrimage to Mecca), will only do more to damage his already tattered reputation. He's like a vulture in a suit (or a balding weasel). It's almost embarrassing. I kept expecting Muwafaq Al Rubaii to run over and wipe the drool from the corner of his mouth as he signed for the execution. Are these the people who represent the New Iraq? We're in so much more trouble than I ever thought.

More

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I guess I don't get it, Malichai. You are just posting links to articles where people are mad or blog opinions where they hate the US, Britian ect, and the war. But you can easily do a search and find articles that are exactly the opossite of what you are saying from Iraqi people.

Here are a few I found in 1 minute of a google search...

Iraqi-Americans pray for Saddam's death
Dozens of Iraqi-Americans gathered late Friday at a Detroit-area mosque to celebrate reports that Saddam Hussein had been executed, cheering and crying as drivers honked horns in jubilation.
news.yahoo.com...

Many Who Fled Dictator Feel Jubilation, Relief
"This is our celebration of the death of Saddam," Imam Husham Al-Husainy, director of the Karbalaa Islamic Educational Center mosque
www.washingtonpost.com...

Saddam Hussein's Brutal Reign Ends in the Gallows
In Baghdad's Shiite neighborhood of Sadr City, victims of his three decades of autocratic rule took to the streets to celebrate, dancing, beating drums and hanging Saddam in effigy.
www.foxnews.com...

Dearborn crowd celebrates for justice
Former Iraqis say ousted dictator deserved execution
Dancing to the beat of Arabic drums, throwing candy in the air and joyously waving Iraqi flags, hundreds of Iraqi Americans spilled onto the street outside a Dearborn mosque Friday to cheer the death of Saddam Hussein.
www.freep.com.../20061229/NEWS99/61229033/1009/NEWS07

Iraqis dance as Saddam swings
Iraqi expatriates around the world are celebrating news of the death of their former ruler Saddam Hussein, hanged in Baghdad at dawn today for crimes against humanity.
www.theage.com.au...

Obviously, not all Iraqis are complaining.

There are a lot more articles on the subject out there if you want to find them.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Obviously, not all Iraqis are complaining.

There are a lot more articles on the subject out there if you want to find them.

I don't believe I said that all Muslims, without exception, are complaining. Being happy that Saddam is gone, and being upset about the day he was executed are not mutually exclusive. You are trying to create a dichotomy that excludes reason. I deny your ignorance!

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

they are offended, and many blame us.

So what? Then they are offended BY THEIR OWN PEOPLE. They blame us? Then they are wrong. (no surprise there)

You can excuse it and try to wash it away,

Funny!

Excuse what? That a bunch of muslims, who are legally in power due to democratic elections, decided that a fellow muslim, who is guilty of mass murdering up to 2 million muslims, should die? Wash away what? That muslims decided that a fellow muslim should die?

No one is making excuses and no one is washing way anything. Nothing has happened to make excuses for or to wash away. It's very simple.

You wanted us to hold Saddam for an extra day and not hand him over? Why? Because he's muslim and you think he shouldn't die on a muslim holy day? The muslims in charge of him think differently.

TAKE NOTE *** It definatley is NOT our duty to tell muslims how to be 'better muslims'. ***

but they are not calling you up at home, asking you what you think, then doing the very same.

I have aboslutely no idea what you are trying to say here.

Your blog quote is pathetic.

... Maliki and his people are psychopaths. ....

No, Saddam was the psychopath.

It's outrageous- an execution during Eid.

ha ha ha. Muslims kill each other on this day all the time. They kill each other by the hundreds. They kill non-muslims on this day as well. One more muslim on muslm death doesn't make a difference.

Muslims all over the world ... are outraged.

Actually, many of them are REJOICING.

Eid is a time of peace, ..

hmmm ... it's celebrating a delusional old man who thought God had actually ordered him to kill his own son, sacrificial style. Yep ... really peaceful.
BTW ... someone forgot to tell all those muslims that are out there killing each other, and killing non muslims, that they are supposed to be 'peaceful' today.

But of course, they are part of 'the religion of peace' so why should anyone have to remind them to be peaceful???????? Oh the irony!

It is religiously unacceptable and before, it was constitutionally illegal.

The religious and legal leaders of Iraq disagree with the girl who wrote this.

After nearly four years and Bush's biggest achievement in Iraq has been a lynching.

Oh .. she's wrong on sooooooooooo many levels.

This was a soverign decision by a soverign muslim nation, and carried out by MUSLIM representatives of that soverign nation.

As far as achievments go - among the 'biggest' ones would be
- Iraq had it's first truly free elections in 40 years.
- Saddam is no longer stealing billions from the Iraqis from the Oil for Food.
- Saddams sons are no longer torturing olympians and other athletes who don't meet their standards.
- Mass rape is no longer a state sponsored way of life.
- Genocide of the Kurds is no longer happening.
- State sponsored mass murder of Iraqis (by the hundreds of thousands) has stopped.

[edit on 1/1/2007 by FlyersFan]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join