It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam Executed On The Worst Possible Day Of The Year - EID

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
But you can easily do a search and find articles that are exactly the opossite of what you are saying from Iraqi people.

You have voted zerotime for the Way Above Top Secret award.
You have one more vote left for this month.

VERY true Zerotime. Very true.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malichai

The Iraqi government and the Special Court are two different things. Neither has direct control over the other, but the court has control over all the individuals that make up the government.

Not really, Both the Governing Council and Special Court was placed by the CPA, and the CPA was created by U.S. Department of Defense. It's a puppet show right now.

Dearborn crowd celebrates for justice
Former Iraqis say ousted dictator deserved execution
Dancing to the beat of Arabic drums, throwing candy in the air and joyously waving Iraqi flags, hundreds of Iraqi Americans spilled onto the street outside a Dearborn mosque Friday to cheer the death of Saddam Hussein.
www.freep.com.../20061229/NEWS99/61229033/1009/NEWS07

Right lol... I saw that on TV, when they zoomed out their where only a few Iraqi's there, less then 20-30. I think the reporters out numbered them.

Propaganda at it's worst.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I don't believe I said that all Muslims, without exception, are complaining. Being happy that Saddam is gone, and being upset about the day he was executed are not mutually exclusive. You are trying to create a dichotomy that excludes reason. I deny your ignorance!

I guess I just think if they were really that upset about the day he was executed on then they wouldn't have celebrated so hard.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Not really, Both the Governing Council and Special Court was placed by the CPA, and the CPA was created by U.S. Department of Defense. It's a puppet show right now.

My statement was incomplete, not inaccurate. The IGC was created before the special court. The IGC Created [affirmed] the special court under order of Paul Bremer in order to give it the smell of legitimacy.

The current government was elected unlike the IGC, but separation of powers prohibits them from interfering with the courts actions.

The Constitution, that was handed over to the people, confirmed the special court. They had the choice to take it or leave it without the chance to ever get rid of it.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles

Right lol... I saw that on TV, when they zoomed out their where only a few Iraqi's there, less then 20-30. I think the reporters out numbered them.

Propaganda at it's worst.

Same Article: From people who lived under Saddam.

Across the community, there are hundreds of Iraqi Americans -- Muslim and Christian -- who tell of abuse, torture and murder of loved ones by his government. Ali Al-Nassiri, 50, of Dearborn had two of his brothers killed by Hussein's regime, one in 1980, the other in 1991. Family members were never able to get back their dead bodies.

"We're so happy," said Muhanad Hassan, 24, of Dearborn, who said the Hussein regime killed his uncle in 1991. "It's revenge for the death of all the innocent Iraqis."

For Ralph Ayar, 55, of West Bloomfield, the execution brought back memories of the hanging of his own father in 1963. In that year, Ayar's father, Hanna Ayar, was killed in the town square of Tel Keif, Iraq, by members of Hussein's Baath Party. "I remember it as if it happened now," Ayar said. "Since he was captured, this man did not deserve to live."

[edit on 1-1-2007 by zerotime]

Sorry for Edits. I was having trouble with the quotes.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Right. Your link there is claiming Saddam is just like Jesus. Enough said there.. I think that ought to clear up any misconseptions of this post, I believe we where supposed to feel sorry for him? Saddam. Christ.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Well that's all good and dandy. I never liked Saddam either, but there wasn't hundreds of Iraqi's in the street....
maybe a hundred reporters but not Iraqi's..... I saw it on cnn when they zoomed out..... They keeped on zooming in, making it look like a big party...

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Right. Your link there is claiming Saddam is just like Jesus. Enough said there.. I think that ought to clear up any misconseptions of this post, I believe we where supposed to feel sorry for him? Saddam. Christ.

Then lets add some credible sources.

Pilgrims Unhappy at Saddam Execution on Eid
Siraj Wahab, Arab News

MINA, 31 December 2006 — They either hated him or loved him, but almost everyone here in the tent city of Mina was outraged at the hanging of ousted Iraqi President Saddam Hussein on Eid Al-Adha. The hanging was viewed by most pilgrims as a corruption of the occasion.
“Would it be OK if the president of the United States were hanged on Dec. 25?” shouted Anmar Al-Khodair, an Iraqi pilgrim from Anbar. When it was pointed out to him that it was the Iraqi government not the US government that executed Saddam, his reply was: “This Iraqi government is a puppet government. It is the US that is responsible for security and all other aspects in Iraq. The Iraqi government is based in the US-protected Green Zone in Baghdad and the writ of the government is confined to the Green Zone in Iraq. Go ask anybody. He was, is and will remain our hero.”

More

Egypt: We condemn Saddam's execution on Eid al-Adha

The Egyptian Foreign Ministry condemned the execution of former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein on the first day of the holiday of Eid al-Adha.

"Egypt regrets the fact that the Iraqi authorities chose to judge the former Iraqi president on the first day of Eid al-Adha," the Foreign Ministry's spokesman said. (AFP)

more

Saddam Immortalized by `Eid Hanging

CAIRO — Images of Iraqi president Saddam Hussein being led to the gallows on one of Islam's most important feast days and the sectarian and politicized nature of the execution have immortalized the late leader and risks further fueling civil strife in the occupied country, politicians and experts said on Sunday, December31 .

"Executing former Iraqi president Saddam Hussain on `Eid day has made him a hero from zero," Pakistan Muslim League President Shujaat Hussain told Pakistan Tribune Sunday, December 31.

"It is no doubt that Saddam Hussain had committed many atrocities and was involved in several crimes but hanging him on the occasion of `Eid Al-Adha has once again made him a hero."

The ousted strongman was executed in Baghdad at dawn on Saturday as Muslims began celebrating `Eid al-Adha, one of the major feasts in the Muslim calendar.

More

Pakistani leaders condemn Saddam’s Eid day execution

Pakistan Muslim League (PML) President Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain said on Saturday that the execution of the former Iraqi president on Eid day had made him a hero from zero and that his death would give rise to the sectarianism in Iraq, Online reported. Talking to reporters at Parliament House, Shujaat said that there was no doubt that Saddam had committed many crimes against his people, but he should not have hanged on Eid day.

Pakistan Muslim League (PML) Secretary General Mushahid Hussain Sayed said that timing of the execution was not appropriate and would enrage Shia-Sunni riots in Iraq, Online reported. Talking to a private TV channel, Mushahid said that the Organisation of Islamic Conference (OIC) should immediately summon a meeting to avert a proxy war in Iraq. He said that Saddam’s execution on Eid day would aggravate the law and order situation in Iraq.

Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal (MMA) chief Qazi Hussain Ahmed said that the United States wanted to encourage sectarian violence in the Middle East region. He said that Saddam’s execution on the Eid day proved that was a victim to Bush’s enmity. “According to the Iraqi law, no person can be executed on Eid or haj day, but the law was violated in this case,” said Qazi. MMA Deputy Secretary General Liaqat Baloch said that once Saddam was a friend of the United States and now he had been executed by his old “friend”. He said the US hanged him for the crimes it is committing itself.

More

Arab Anger Over Eid Execution

Anger simmered in the Arab world over the decision to execute Saddam on the holiest day of the Muslim year. While his victims, their relatives and the US rejoiced at Saddam's demise, many Muslims questioned the wisdom of killing the former dictator at the beginning of Eid al-Adha. Leading Sunni Muslim Arab power Saudi Arabia criticised Iraq's Shi'ite leaders for executing Saddam, saying his trial had been politicised.

"There is a feeling of surprise and disapproval that the verdict has been applied during the holy months and the first days of Eid al-Adha," a statement read by the presenter of the official al-Ikhbariya TV said.

"Leaders of Islamic countries should show respect for this blessed occasion ... not demean it."

More

Hang the values - and Saddam

The hanging of former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussain for his brutal crimes against humanity comes as no surprise to anyone, although its timing was slightly unusual, given that the festival of Eid-ul-Azha was being celebrated by many Muslims throughout the world on the same day.

Eid is not a time for vengeance and even Saddam, for all his brutality, would not allow executions to be carried out on Eid days. Saddam deserved to forfeit his life for the evil things he did and there are not too many people who will shed a tear for him. Yet we must all see his execution through the prism of our own values, not through the distorted kaleidoscope with which the Iraq war has always been seen, especially by those who perpetrated it.

More

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I guess I just think if they were really that upset about the day he was executed on then they wouldn't have celebrated so hard.

Being glad Saddam is dead, and being upset about the day he was killed are not mutally exclusive. One can be both happy that he is gone, and upset that a holy day was used to kill him.

NOT EVEN SADDAM EXECUTED PEOPLE ON EID!

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Your opinions on the matter don't matter, not one single bit.

Its what Muslims around the world, and especially in the middle east, think about it that matters.

Then why in the world did you even start the thread?

If FF's opinion and I must conclude any opinion that differs from your own, does not matter, why start a thread in a forum board soliciting opinions?

This is the silliest thing I have read on here in a long time....

He was a criminal, he was executed and paid his debt to society...

I say let him rest....

The extremist's (All Genres) are going to make a foolish issue of this even if he was executed on the Muslim Day of Hanging.... (Wonder if they have one? Maybe a Muslim Day of Beheading?)

Semper

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Really? Do you have evidence of this or are you just saying it? So, in the time to come we aren't going to hear about how Saddam executed people on this day?

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Saddam was executed at approx. 6AM on Saturday, Dec. 29. EID begins at 12 noon, Dec. 29.

As far as Al Jazeera polls, have you ever know them to be anything but one-sided against the US?

[edit on 1-1-2007 by jsobecky]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Saddam was executed at approx. 6AM on Saturday, Dec. 29. EID begins at 12 noon, Dec. 29.

As far as Al Jazeera polls, have you ever know them to be anything but one-sided against the US?

Actually 6:05 am SAT was DEC 30,2006 in Iraq... Here in North America it was 10:05 PM EST Friday Dec 29

[edit on 1-1-2007 by toogood]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Really? Do you have evidence of this or are you just saying it? So, in the time to come we aren't going to hear about how Saddam executed people on this day?

I was quoting the sources that followed.

Eid is not a time for vengeance and even Saddam, for all his brutality, would not allow executions to be carried out on Eid days.

More

Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal (MMA) chief Qazi Hussain Ahmed said that the United States wanted to encourage sectarian violence in the Middle East region. He said that Saddam’s execution on the Eid day proved that was a victim to Bush’s enmity. “According to the Iraqi law, no person can be executed on Eid or haj day, but the law was violated in this case,” said Qazi.

More

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Saddam was executed on the day of Eid.

AJ Arabic polls reflect the views of Arab readers at their news sites. If it is Anti-American it reflects the people views, so what?

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

If FF's opinion and I must conclude any opinion that differs from your own, does not matter, why start a thread in a forum board soliciting opinions?

Are your opinions shaping the opinions of the Muslim world? What you think does not affect them any more than to anger them further with your contempt.

Do you deny that many Muslims around the world are upset at Saddam being executed on Eid?

Do you deny that many of them blame America?

Results are what matters, and you are trying to deny the results in the face of multiple sources.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Are your opinions shaping the opinions of the Muslim world? What you think does not affect them any more than to anger them further with your contempt.

NO!!!!

The issue with that comment is...as stated "Your Opinion does not matter."

Regardless of the issue, if a responders opinion does not matter, if you have no concern or care for the opinions expressed by members on the board, why start the thread?

That makes no common sense at all..

Semper

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I posted this once already on a different thread.

For the people that think the US didn't hold sway to what day Saddam was murdered.

www.bushflash.com...

Face it, we lost! We lost this war on oil, islam and terror. It was lost before it even started. This war was not a mistake, it was a planned venture for greed.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Just listening to CNN
They are reporting that US officials asked repeatedly for the execution to be delayed. It almost sounded as if there was an argument.

Iraqis themselves picked the time and date.

I just heard this about 5 minutes ago..I'll see if I can find a link.

[edit on 1-1-2007 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Just listening to CNN
They are reporting that US officials asked repeatedly for the execution to be delayed. It almost sounded as if there was an argument.

Iraqis themselves picked the time and date.

I just heard this about 5 minutes ago..I'll see if I can find a link.

[edit on 1-1-2007 by spacedoubt]

He was in US custody until just before his execution. If they had second doubts it was right after giving him up.

They wanted to have him executed before the end of the year because otherwise it would have made a liar out of the Bush administration.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join