It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now, members can make a little money from participating in ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Google has recently relaxed some key restrictions on their AdSense program, so that we can now allow the following:

Member Blogs

Members can now insert their own AdSense ads on their blogs: We've removed the small strip of ads in the blog header, and are now opening the service up for members to run their own Google ads (and only Google at this time). You can insert up to three different Google ad units per page via your blog templates.

Simply go here: www.google.com... to establish your own Google AdSense account. The place the JavaScript for the ad units into your blog once you're approved.

Zeddicus is already hot on the trail of getting set up and experimenting, so I'm sure we'll see a fine tutorial from him in the near future.

The only condition for running Google ads on your ATS member blog is that you maintain active links on your blog back to AboveTopSecret.com.

Caution: This will increase the urge to promote your blog through spam or other unsavory methods. Any such promotion of a member blog in this manner will result in immediate ATS account termination and removal of your blog.

Privacy Note: For the skeptical, there is no way for ATS to have any of the information related to your Google AdSense account. Your data and performance are completely private.

Conspiracy Masters (coming soon)

Conspiracy Masters may run their own AdSense ads on their content pages: This has a much higher potential for revenue as we will be finally getting this initiative rolling, and placing Conspiracy Master material in the site archive sections (rather than a unique new domain as originally planned). The advantage here is that CM's would enjoy higher traffic and reap the rewards of ATS's killer search optimization because their work would be under the www.abovetopsecret.com primary domain.

We'll be working directly with individual Conspiracy Masters on this, as their AdSense code needs to be hard-coded into our static page generator.

Personal PodCast Feed Management (coming soon)

While not as big of a "bang" as the other two, we'll soon be encouraging members to promote their own personal podcast feeds with tools to manage which podcasts are in their feed, cover artwork, and even links back to their ATS blog for show notes. If your podcast is popular enough to attract paid advertising, we're now allowing this in member podcasts as well (all we ask is that you mention ATS at the start and end of your show).

After the massive Dark Matter site redesign and re-optimization of our own Google ads, we're enjoyed a moderate increase due primarily to increased traffic, and an increase in the average number of pages viewed by visitors. Now it's time to thank our valued members by providing a way to benefit from ATS more than just intellectually.

While some other notable conspiracy boards are looking for ways to charge members for what seems like basic services, we've been able to manage the business side of ATS such that we can find ways for members to earn some reward.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Forgive what may seem like a 'dumb' question, but I want to make sure I understand:

We can use our google adsense to point traffic back at ATS; or rather to its 'periphery' and other member/content areas besides the forums? (maybe 'suburbs' is a better term? haha)

Because if so - that is TOO cool! D:

And therefore I shall endeavor to circulate my little bit of the ATS traffic into a whirl-wind like formation!

You guys are pretty fart smellers!

er, ah, I meant to say 'pretty SMART fellers....'

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Another question...

Do you guys have some little ATS buttons or some such that we can link to on our blogs?

If not, then surely we can just use one from one of the pages just as many do in their forum signatures?

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
We can use our google adsense to point traffic back at ATS

No, the links in your ATS member blog would do that.

You use the Google AdSense ads to make money.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
just a suggestion here for those who 'might' wish to do this but what if some members would like their contributions to go towards the upkeep of ats rather than themselves? is there a way they could link into one account for that?

i know some have wanted to contribute in the past soemhow and this might be a good way to help ease the cost of those big big servers you have

just a thought

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
just a suggestion here for those who 'might' wish to do this but what if some members would like their contributions to go towards the upkeep of ats rather than themselves? is there a way they could link into one account for that?

i know some have wanted to contribute in the past soemhow and this might be a good way to help ease the cost of those big big servers you have

just a thought

The sentiment is appreciated, truly, but not necessary. We will do a little better by virtue of the awesome content we hope this will help generate.

Springer...

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
just a suggestion here for those who 'might' wish to do this but what if some members would like their contributions to go towards the upkeep of ats rather than themselves?

While that's a nice thought, and appreciated, we're not planning to entertain this option.

However... an alternative may surface in the not too distant future of ATS, Inc. ... stay tuned.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Well Skeptic, (or SO...for awhile I thought it was an oriental person people were referring to when seeing the term "SO".
)

Anway, this is totally cool.
Im sure Im saying what most people are thinking, which is that this is one heck of a site. Good job, as I also just realized, recently, that this is truly your baby.

(I guess it seemed like a team worked on all the programming, etc.)

Im impressed with the various initiatives taking place here at ATS, makes ATS an enjoyable place to come to.

My wifes encouraging me to try out some of this as Im always posting here.

Peace

dAlen

[edit on 30-12-2006 by dAlen]

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
That's amazing, I doubt anybody would want to read by blogs so i'd probably make a few cents
but for other members this would be a great way to get some money!

Awesome SO.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Interesting!
Maybe I should create a blog then? If I only knew where to start... If I make one, I want it to look good. But I'm not sure if I got the skills required to make a good looking blog. I guess I need to spend some time figuring out how this blog stuff works...

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
This new ability to make money can be dangerous!
How??It could increase our addiction to ATS to a dangerous insane level.

How much more addictive can this site get?

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tormentor
How much more addictive can this site get?

We have plans... oh yes... we have plans!

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
My question is what are conspiracy masters, and how can we become one? (More so how can we become one because Im rather interested.)

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Forum 48 Research Dept, can not confirm or deny the addiction of, to, or within, the ATS community and sub communities. Any and all further inquiries must wait until after the notice. If I could just get you all to focus here.

*Slides on shades and clicks large pen*

!FLASH!

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Forum 48 Research Dept, can not confirm or deny the addiction of, to, or within, the ATS community and sub communities. Any and all further inquiries must wait until after the notice. If I could just get you all to focus here.

*Slides on shades and clicks large pen*

!FLASH!

kind of reminded me of a line from "Thank You For Smoking" which I watch tonight. (highly recommended movie).

But my question is, if we are not a confirmed expert in the field, is there no way we can become a conspiracy master?

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Any prospective new member may select to attempt to join as a Conspiracy Master. Your application (which must include a well-written cover letter, resume, and essay on your topical focus) will be reviewed by the three owners of AboveTopSecret.com, LLP as well as our administrators and super-moderators. We will judge your application based on the quality of your written word, the experience you bring to ATS, and the topical area you intend to focus your work. Please be aware that your submission (minus any personal information you tell us to omit) will be presented to our members if your application is approved.

Our staff will also be considering inviting a select group of existing ATS members to apply for this position. If you're not invited, and desire to be considered for this new class of ATS member, all you need to do is continue submitting quality material. We will notice. However, we hope to maintain a ratio of no more than 1 existing member for every 2 new Conspiracy Masters (but this may not be the case as we launch the new initiative).

CMI

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

Any prospective new member may select to attempt to join as a Conspiracy Master. Your application (which must include a well-written cover letter, resume, and essay on your topical focus) will be reviewed by the three owners of AboveTopSecret.com, LLP as well as our administrators and super-moderators. We will judge your application based on the quality of your written word, the experience you bring to ATS, and the topical area you intend to focus your work. Please be aware that your submission (minus any personal information you tell us to omit) will be presented to our members if your application is approved.

But what link do you submit this to is what I would like to know?
Whats the proper channel? Does S.O.s U2U just get flooded, as Im sure he has alot of U2Us about various things already, is there a link to submit it to, etc.?

Thanks

Peace

dAlen

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I'll be interested to see how this works out.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Anyone know how much we'd make per hit by any chance? I can see this being fairly lucrative, should a large number of hits arrive in a short amount of time. Also, what qualifies as proper advertising for the board? Could we get a little more clarification on the ins and outs of the best ways to put ads on the blogs, and how it all works?

I only ask these questions because I'm genuinely interested in doing this, since I've wanted nothing more than a great excuse to spend more time here on ATS. At least now, I can tell people that I'm not wasting my time here. No one else "outside" seems to believe me when I say that. Maybe now I can change that.

Kudos guys, you've again managed to do what no one has; you've made us an even closer group of people. It's moments like these that make me proud to be a member.

TheBorg

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Zeddicus is already hot on the trail of getting set up and experimenting, so I'm sure we'll see a fine tutorial from him in the near future.

I am certainly on it and just be aware that ut takes a bit of time to get approved for an Adsense account. Their info says within a week so we'll see what happens. In the meantime I have plenty of web stuff to accomplish.

I'm looking forward to the podcast stuff coming too.

<<   2  3 >>

join