It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by dAlen
As for the ad-sense, it appeared they wanted to review "your site", of which mine isnt complete, and ATS isnt my site...so it will be interesting to see how that turns out. :-)
step one: get an ATS blog (if you don't have one yet)...
step two: join the google adsense team (ATS thread link)...
OR just go directly to the google adsense webpage and click "click here to apply"...
step three: fill out all the appropriate information while applying with adsense...
step four: very your information by going to the e-mail you used to sign up with adsense and opening the mail they sent you...
step five: be patient and wait as the google adsense team determines if you are eligible to join their initiative, they will send you an e-mail (it only took a day for me, but google says it may take up to a week)...
AND don't worry, you WILL BE accepted!!!
step five: after being accepted, use google's neat little adsense wizard to get the codes for the ads and put them into your blog...
NOTE: this step was difficult for me (because i am not that savvy with codes and all that), so be on the look out for a tutorial from ATSer zeddicuszulzorander that will assist you with this step...
step six: sit back and pray that someone clicks on your ads!!!
1. Never click your own adsense ads or get them clicked for whatever reason.
2. Never change the Adsense code.
3. Do not place more than 3 ad unit and 1 ad links or 2 adsense search boxes on any web page.
4. Do not run competitive contextual text ad or search services on the same site.
5. Do not disclose confidential information.
6. Label headings as “sponsored links” or “advertisements” only.
7. Never launch a New Page for clicked ads by default.
8. One Account suffices for Multiple websites.
9. Place ads only on Content Pages.
10. Do not mask ad elements.
11. Do not send your ads by email.
12. Keep track of your content.
13. Do not alter the results after ad clicks or searches.
14. Avoid excessive advertising and keyword stuffing.
15. Ensure you Language is Supported.
16. Only single referral button per product per page.
17. Do not specify Google ads as your alternate ads.
18. Do not confuse with adjacent images.
Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
A full tutorial for modifying your templates to put in AdSense code is available here:
Originally posted by MistahBear
Hi there, sorry to post this here, but have been trying to start an ATS blog for 2 days now, just found it could be lucrative too... still can`t find out how to though!!