It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now, members can make a little money from participating in ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Awesome! I just signed up for a blog just for this idea alone. I was looking for a good excuse to start a new blog. Now I got a great one! Thanks guys!

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
my application with adsense is being reviewed (is this normal???)...

hopefully all goes well...

if i have any questions, i guess i will post them here...

thanks SO for these great new features!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I made an earlier post, but I will bring it up again.

Who are we to send our "resume" and "cover-letter" to when applying for Conspiracy Master? Do you just U2U S.O.?

As for the ad-sense, it appeared they wanted to review "your site", of which mine isnt complete, and ATS isnt my site...so it will be interesting to see how that turns out. :-)

Thanks

Peace

dAlen

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen

As for the ad-sense, it appeared they wanted to review "your site", of which mine isnt complete, and ATS isnt my site...so it will be interesting to see how that turns out. :-)

I think they're just wanting to make sure that they can make some money off of it. They need to know, before granting you such broad privilages, that your site will be well enough off to give them, and therefore you, back some revenue.

Just my take on it.

TheBorg

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
i have been accepted by the google adsense team...

thanks ATS

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Just a quick note...

I have the ads running on my site now and you have to insert the Google code directly into the templates, NOT into the CSS.

You can see my blog here:
blog.abovetopsecret.com...

I have a bit more information on which templates to edit over there and I will try and answer questions, etc as much as my time permits.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
thanks to zeddicuszulzorander, the ads are up on my blog too:

blog.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I'm going to try and have a tutorial for this in the next couple days. In the meantime, if you want...take a look at They See All's blog and view the source code.

You should be able to see where I inserted his ads and do the same on your main template.

ALWAY KEEP A COPY of your template before you modify it. I would copy all of the code and put it into notepad and save the files on your system. Makes for easy recovery.

After they are inserted, it's just a matter of coloring the ads to match through Adsense (or you can do this before you create the code).

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
A full tutorial for modifying your templates to put in AdSense code is available here:
handbook.abovetopsecret.com...

It's also linked from the Latest News box on this page:

**Disclaimer - I did most of this off the top of my head so if you hit a snag somewhere and your SURE it's my fault
then just u2u me and I'll get back to you as soon as possible to help you fix it (and change my tutorial if there is a mistake).

ALWAYS MAKE COPIES OF YOUR TEMPLATES. It's in the tutorial.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
i have made an easy-to-follow-step-by-step process of joining the google adsense teams in this blog entry...

here are the steps:

step one: get an ATS blog (if you don't have one yet)...

step two: join the google adsense team (ATS thread link)...
OR just go directly to the google adsense webpage and click "click here to apply"...

step three: fill out all the appropriate information while applying with adsense...

step four: very your information by going to the e-mail you used to sign up with adsense and opening the mail they sent you...

step five: be patient and wait as the google adsense team determines if you are eligible to join their initiative, they will send you an e-mail (it only took a day for me, but google says it may take up to a week)...
AND don't worry, you WILL BE accepted!!!

step five: after being accepted, use google's neat little adsense wizard to get the codes for the ads and put them into your blog...
NOTE: this step was difficult for me (because i am not that savvy with codes and all that), so be on the look out for a tutorial from ATSer zeddicuszulzorander that will assist you with this step...

step six: sit back and pray that someone clicks on your ads!!!

be sure to visit the blog entry for the helpful links (they didn't show up in the quote above)...

EDIT: ahhh...

the great zed has made the tutorial already (its above this post)...

thanks!!!

[edit on 4-1-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
my blog entry: "18 Common Mistakes by Google Adsense Publishers that Violate Terms"...

1. Never click your own adsense ads or get them clicked for whatever reason.
2. Never change the Adsense code.
3. Do not place more than 3 ad unit and 1 ad links or 2 adsense search boxes on any web page.
4. Do not run competitive contextual text ad or search services on the same site.
5. Do not disclose confidential information.
6. Label headings as “sponsored links” or “advertisements” only.
7. Never launch a New Page for clicked ads by default.
8. One Account suffices for Multiple websites.
9. Place ads only on Content Pages.
10. Do not mask ad elements.
11. Do not send your ads by email.
12. Keep track of your content.
13. Do not alter the results after ad clicks or searches.
14. Avoid excessive advertising and keyword stuffing.
15. Ensure you Language is Supported.
16. Only single referral button per product per page.
17. Do not specify Google ads as your alternate ads.
18. Do not confuse with adjacent images.

please see this link because it explains each thing in detail...

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Thanks you guys. This has been most helpful for me. I got my blog up and running. If anyone wants to look at it, the link's in my sig. Now I've just got to get my ads in there. Going to be going through that task here as soon as I can find me some time. Hopefully going to be doing it in a couple days.

Anyone that checks it out, leave a note.

TheBorg

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
A full tutorial for modifying your templates to put in AdSense code is available here:

Kudos to you for this...I have mine up and running.

I didnt do the side bar as they did not have a 60x option for firefox, I believe it was just 120 minimum width option, and I couldnt remember size restrictions at the moment...anyway, step by step.

I was a bit timid to do a new template, as the need to mess with any code kind of is a deterrent for me when working with the web, however I would like to eventually change it and incorporate adsense in it. (Hopefully its not much different with other templates...tons of code, all looks the same to me.
)

Anyway, again thank for the tutorial.

I would say, that at first, the user of the tutorial may not understand wha 3 sections need to be updated as they are not bullet pointed, though they do appear in order as you work though it. Just a matter of not being familar with the blogging application and what you would need to select etc. But the user can get through, I did...

Thanks

Peace

dAlen

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Skeptic did i ever mention how much i liked this website

this is a great idea (better get started on working on my blog)

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I've been reading the link that they_see_all has posted in his last post here, and I must say that I'm not so sure that Google will follow through on what they say they will.

What happens if my numbers of hits triple from one week to another? Will they cancel the account just because they THINK someone was fraudulantly clicking their ads, or are they just robbing people blind?

TheBorg

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Well, first I'd like to apologize for reviving a long-dead thread, but I wanted to post somewhere that at least had some chance of receiving a response.

What I'm having a problem with now is my main blog page, the one linked to at the bottom of each of my posts, is linking to the right location, but it's not showing the new posts made by myself. Is there something that I did wrong back when I was having trouble with it to start, or what?

If anyone could help, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance,

TheBorg

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
my blog went screwy with the advertising and I attempted to fix it making it far worse.

If people read it I'd probably care more.

Send Zedd a u2u and I'm sure he can assist you as he seems to be the master at these things (and baiting. yes, he's a master at that as well)

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Gad zooks! Crakeur, that page code is a mess!
But the content is hillarious!

Springer...

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Hi there, sorry to post this here, but have been trying to start an ATS blog for 2 days now, just found it could be lucrative too... still can`t find out how to though!! please excuse my ignorance, could somebody please point me in the right direction, that is, if you`re not too scared of the competition.
seriously, finances are ok, not purely motivated that way, just have lots to say and hear.
Thanks.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MistahBear
Hi there, sorry to post this here, but have been trying to start an ATS blog for 2 days now, just found it could be lucrative too... still can`t find out how to though!!

Click on member center on the button bar above. In the member center find the AboveTopSecret store button and click. There you'll be able to purchase a blog when you have enough points.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join