It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

brings tears to my eyes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
ok, perhaps my comment was too strong, but it was for a reason: americans tend to forget that the earth has lots of other countries; they don't care about what happens outside of USA.

I view Earth as a whole; there is nothing that separates me from French, Chinese, Russian and African people. We are all the same; our differences are virtual; we all have the same needs, the same course and the same end.

Shedding a tear for the death of our own people when we are directly or indirectly responsible for the deaths of million others is what drives other people crazy about us.

I'm an American.

When I see other people die... it is sad.. it is terrible that any being should suffer any fate such as the victims of Palestine, or Israel, or Somolia or any other state...

However.. as odd as it may seem to you because I would gather you see the world as people and just people.. I see the world as Americans, Canadians, Ukrainians, brits, kazahkistanians, chinese .. you get the idea right?

When I see an American die at the hands of another nation.. you obviously are imune to the pain and rage that is felt to see your country men die in such barbaric ways.

And it is more then that..

Arab states didn't just murder 3,000 plus people.. no .. they attacked our way of life, our security, our pride, our beliefes, our peace and every single person in this country and all her allies... It is the pain of seeing everything you know come under fire, to see the innocent people of your nation murdered infront of their families and the entire world all because of some radical Arab and his twisted, demented, inhumane ideologies.

Of course, thats just the way I think. I wish I could think of the world like you.. a world where every one is just a person and their ideas, beliefs, nationhood and concept of life mean nothing in comparence to the fact that they are humane, though I understand that even if I where able to think like that, I know for a fact that no one else would, and would ultimatly defeat the purpose of such beliefs.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
According to wikipedia,

Section 3: Treason Section Three defines treason and its enforcement.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The images of the falling towers make me sad too and angry at the same time.

Angry and frustrated because deep down I just know there is something very, very wrong with the 9/11 events. I´ve had that feeling from the moment I saw the first footage on the day itself. Cannot explain it, but my feelings have certainly worsened ever since, undoubtedly assisted by the huge outcries of the truth movements and speculations all over the internet.

As far as the Constitution goes:

These days it is Void Where Prohibited By Law

...and that my friends, is the really sad part.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth4hire

As far as the Constitution goes:

These days it is Void Where Prohibited By Law

...and that my friends, is the really sad part.

Aint it a shame.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Nah, that wasn't sarcasm before, didn't mean for it to seem aggressive. But nearly all conspiracy speculation ended in the conspiracy theory being strongly discredited. The main reason for this is that many are downright guesses. For example, people see that the towers fell strangely. Now instead of research, many decided that they believed it was a demolition because they saw other demolitions, even though they really have no idea how a demolition works. But there were people who did their homework, so don't get me wrong there.

Releasing information of a suspected terror attack is, in most cases, very stupid. For one, you create mass panic, hurting the economy, making a terrorist's job easier and actually aiding their attempt at creating fear. It also reveals yourself to the enemy by letting them know what information you do and don't have, which in turn makes it easier for them to discover intelligence gathering methods and ways to manipulate using the intelligence the government knows.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike

Releasing information of a suspected terror attack is, in most cases, very stupid. For one, you create mass panic, hurting the economy, making a terrorist's job easier and actually aiding their attempt at creating fear. It also reveals yourself to the enemy by letting them know what information you do and don't have, which in turn makes it easier for them to discover intelligence gathering methods and ways to manipulate using the intelligence the government knows.

Agreed. Not cool for Americans, but true.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike

Well their are several government websites you can go to to track and find out about terrorist activities. So its no problem showing what information we have on them, we do not show enough to let them know our intelligence gathering methods.

www.counterterrorismblog.org...

ctstudies.com...

www.trackingthethreat.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa
According to wikipedia,

Section 3: Treason Section Three defines treason and its enforcement.

en.wikipedia.org...

I missed your post Jessica.

I am referring the the Truman Doctrine, which states:

Its the policy of the United States to support free peoples who are resisting attempted subjugation by armed minorities or by outside pressures." Truman reasoned, because these "totalitarian regimes" coerced "free peoples," they represented a threat to international peace and the national security of the United States.

Which is why we are 'always in everyone's business'.

en.wikipedia.org...

Give it a read

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Little One

Its the policy of the United States to support free peoples who are resisting attempted subjugation by armed minorities or by outside pressures." Truman reasoned, because these "totalitarian regimes" coerced "free peoples," they represented a threat to international peace and the national security of the United States.

Wow. Awesome reasoning right here.

O, in that case:

I declare the United States and their current leadership a serious threat to world peace and a disruptive force against international security of the world.

Therefore I call for the rest of the world to form a coalition to invade the United States with the ultimate goal to remove the current administration to free the American People and to prevent the current administration from destroying the rest of the free world with their weapons of mass destruction.

Better?

Get into your fatigues Euro-soldiers.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Ok, I'm going to actually be "on-topic".
I remember exactly where I was, and what I was doing when I heard the news, on the radio.
And yes, to this day, I cry when I see the footage.
Why ? My country was attacked by foreigners. Another poster put it more eloquently than I can, but a bit of our innocence was lost.
I'm a vet. I've seen combat and have learned to mourn in a private manner about what I've seen and done.
9/11 was/is different.
I think that it was my generations JFK moment, that my parents generation had. As, probably all generations, sadly, will have.
I am not ashamed.

Lex

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
All of us remember where we were on that fateful September morning. I also, like most others here, remember where I was and what I was doing when I first heard about the towers being hit. I too start to cry when I see the footage. I will agree that a bit of our innocence was lost on that day. The sounds of the sirens screaming going towards the burning towers. The horrific sight of seeing people jump from the towers. It brings tears to my eyes whenever I see it. As for this being the Kennedy Assasination of our generation, that is most certainly correct. That is because we remember where we were and what we were doing when we first heard.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth4hire

Originally posted by Little One

Wow. Awesome reasoning right here.

O, in that case:

I declare the United States and their current leadership a serious threat to world peace and a disruptive force against international security of the world.

Therefore I call for the rest of the world to form a coalition to invade the United States with the ultimate goal to remove the current administration to free the American People and to prevent the current administration from destroying the rest of the free world with their weapons of mass destruction.

Better?

Get into your fatigues Euro-soldiers.

Reason with Truman or run for President and have it abolished, dont rant at me about it... I didnt write it. Was I even born? Naw, not just yet.

Everyone complains about us running to everyones aid... not able to understand why we do this... this is why. The Truman Doctrine. Perhaps some will now understand why America does some of the things we do.

Iraq for example.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join