It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

brings tears to my eyes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 01:36 AM
link   
whenever i see pictures of the twin towers, particularly with smoke billowing and flames bursting from them i get a funny feeling inside and my eyes get all teary.

i dont know if its just me and im no cry baby or anything... but something about the twin towers really gets to me. i get this feeling those people could have been saved and more could have been done. and i get the feeling without a doubt the goverment is hiding information about that day.

but thats just me rambling... can anyone else relate to this???

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Yup,It was a sad moment for alot of folks.I can remember the flood of emotions that went through me that horrible morning,but it was mostly anger.Now I get extremely depressed when I see the pictures of the towers falling.But I will never forget those who lost their lives that day.Those towers came down for all the wrong reasons,but that for another thread.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracymaster
whenever i see pictures of the twin towers, particularly with smoke billowing and flames bursting from them i get a funny feeling inside and my eyes get all teary.

i dont know if its just me and im no cry baby or anything... but something about the twin towers really gets to me. i get this feeling those people could have been saved and more could have been done. and i get the feeling without a doubt the goverment is hiding information about that day.

but thats just me rambling... can anyone else relate to this???

Hypocrisy to the max. Excuse me for this, but why your eyes are not filled with tears every time Israel's missiles kill Palestinian children, or when Aithiopean soldiers slaughter Somalian children or when Cypriot greek mothers cry for their sons lost during the Turkish invasion or when Iraqi people are blown up or when Chinese people are slaughtered by their government?

Aren't all the above people like you? don't they deserve a tear?

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Hypocrisy to the max. Excuse me for this, but why your eyes are not filled with tears every time Israel's missiles kill Palestinian children, or when Aithiopean soldiers slaughter Somalian children or when Cypriot greek mothers cry for their sons lost during the Turkish invasion or when Iraqi people are blown up or when Chinese people are slaughtered by their government?

Your point is so valid but its really just making you sound bitchy, terrible things happen everyday which make me angry in an emotional way, but we see so much of it, its the norm, its just, well ordinary, a shocking way to put I know, but its true, this destruction happens everyday in the parts of the world mentioned. we all see it on the news aswell, Its only when something major happens to you or your country your sentiment seems to take it on differently. It doesnt mean that these people dont care about what happens to them.

Also please bear in mind this thread is in the 9/11 forum.

[edit on 29-12-2006 by marcopolo]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by masterp

Aren't all the above people like you? don't they deserve a tear?

Because on that day, 9/11 we all knew that our beloved America had changed forever.All of the other things you mention are also worthy of our tears, but what happened on 9/11 happened purposely and nothing like that had ever happened before in America.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
yes it is sad when people in other countries die.

but nothing compares to the sadness of witnessing so many people die at one time close to home....

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Hypocrisy to the max.

I'm shedding a tear for this idiocy.

Why go on the offensive here? Why do that?

I'm sick and tired of this pervasive concept of "mutually exclusive emotions." Examples:

1) If you say "Merry Christmas" it means you HATE Hannukah.

2) If you say you're disappointed that your house lost power over the holidays it means you don't give a RIP about the victims of Katrina.

3) If you say that images of 9/11 make you sad it means you are an unfeeling monster that doesn't EVEN CARE that people are dying elsewhere.

Masterp, I think you make a decent point that the events of 9/11 simply put the U.S. on the same playing field as many other areas of the world. I don't think anyone here would deny that.

But why in hell would you go after someone who is simply grieving a significant loss that hits particularly close to home? Why would you throw an inflammatory word like "hypocrite" out at somebody like a 3rd grade sucker punch? (Do us all a favor though and look up the definition of hypocrite...or are you implying that conspiracymaster doesn't actually care about 9/11 either?)

Emotions don't run on a one-lane highway. Simply because an individual cares about something doesn't automatically mean they disregard everything else.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Hypocrisy to the max. Excuse me for this, but why your eyes are not filled with tears every time Israel's missiles kill Palestinian children,

But you make no mention of when Hezbollah rockets kill Israeli children. Yes, hypocrisy to the max.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Classified Info

Hypocrisy to the max. Excuse me for this, but why your eyes are not filled with tears every time Israel's missiles kill Palestinian children,

But you make no mention of when Hezbollah rockets kill Israeli children. Yes, hypocrisy to the max.

Now murdered children enter the political scene: who's are more worth mentioning in an internet post?

What's hypocrisy compared to how disgusting and cold your mentality is?

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
ok, perhaps my comment was too strong, but it was for a reason: americans tend to forget that the earth has lots of other countries; they don't care about what happens outside of USA.

I view Earth as a whole; there is nothing that separates me from French, Chinese, Russian and African people. We are all the same; our differences are virtual; we all have the same needs, the same course and the same end.

Shedding a tear for the death of our own people when we are directly or indirectly responsible for the deaths of million others is what drives other people crazy about us.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
If Americans 'don't care about the rest of the world', then why did we write it into our constitution that we would AID ANY country that needed it?

THAT is why we are 'in everyone's business'. Trying to carry out our constitution... should read it... interesting stuff.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

What's hypocrisy compared to how disgusting and cold your mentality is?

Who me?

I'm a very loving person.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Little One
If Americans 'don't care about the rest of the world', then why did we write it into our constitution that we would AID ANY country that needed it?

THAT is why we are 'in everyone's business'. Trying to carry out our constitution... should read it... interesting stuff.

Refresh my memory, which amendment(s) of our constitution covers aid to other countries?

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I don't know if there was anything the US Government could have done; they didn't release the intel and what they did about it. And, against many protests, rightfully so, as it could expose vital US intelligence gathering strategies and capabilities.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   

as it could expose vital US intelligence gathering strategies and capabilities.

Releasing information thus compromising a source versus the imminent slaughter of 3000 people, I know which one I think any legit government would choose.

But then again these people gathering the intelligience were the real ones behind it afterall.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Jessicamsa:

You can find that information in Article 3, Section 3.

Let me know if it continues to elude you. Knowing our constitution is so very important. It protects us and assures us as to when we should stand up against what is right and wrong.

Without knowing the constitution, including amendments, I would be scared to leave my house.

[edit on 1-1-2007 by Little One]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by marcopolo
Releasing information thus compromising a source versus the imminent slaughter of 3000 people, I know which one I think any legit government would choose.

...No, it's not like the government could save lives now by saying what they knew. As far as we know they tried to stop it and failed, it's just not as simple as you think. There are many agencies watching for things and they probably have an unimaginable amount of data. If they told the public every time it looked like something would happen we would be running around screaming every day. The government is usually there to protect, though I may not always agree with their methods, not to destroy the economy and people's lives through fear.

But then again these people gathering the intelligience were the real ones behind it afterall.

Well... that's a conclusion. Do a little more research, possibly on this forum, and you'll see that most 9/11 conspiracies end in one way, showing two things.

A) The way the towers (and building 7) fell is strange, but there is not enough evidence of any sort of foul play. If it was bombs or something else that aided the destruction caused by the planes' impact, it was covered up remarkably well, and is therefore unlikely from our point of view.

B) There was some strange movement of personnel before 9/11, such as with Marvin Bush, but there just isn't enough evidence, from what we can see, of foul play within the US Government. There is always the possibility, but anything we come up with is simply speculation, not science.

It's very, very highly unlikely that most people within our government would allow this to happen. Therefore, either it doesn't exist, or was a very well hidden conspiracy by very few people. I know everyone likes to whine about Bush, but from his position, it would be difficult to accomplish. If it WAS someone, I would say a mole in either one of the intelligence agencies or a very specific part of the Air Force (less likely).

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This is even sader is because the agencies that are supposed protect the American populace, either let it happen or caused it. False Flag Ops are always sad for the people that die, because there own people killed them.
It's like your doctor giving you cynide, if you trusted this doctor with your life in the past and suddenly he does this to you.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
We don't actually know that they let it happen or caused it. Again, it's all useless speculation.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike

...No, it's not like the government could save lives now by saying what they knew. As far as we know they tried to stop it and failed, it's just not as simple as you think. There are many agencies watching for things and they probably have an unimaginable amount of data. If they told the public every time it looked like something would happen we would be running around screaming every day. The government is usually there to protect, though I may not always agree with their methods, not to destroy the economy and people's lives through fear.

Well... that's a conclusion. Do a little more research, possibly on this forum, and you'll see that most 9/11 conspiracies end in one way, showing two things.

A) The way the towers (and building 7) fell is strange, but there is not enough evidence of any sort of foul play. If it was bombs or something else that aided the destruction caused by the planes' impact, it was covered up remarkably well, and is therefore unlikely from our point of view.

B) There was some strange movement of personnel before 9/11, such as with Marvin Bush, but there just isn't enough evidence, from what we can see, of foul play within the US Government. There is always the possibility, but anything we come up with is simply speculation, not science.

It's very, very highly unlikely that most people within our government would allow this to happen. Therefore, either it doesn't exist, or was a very well hidden conspiracy by very few people. I know everyone likes to whine about Bush, but from his position, it would be difficult to accomplish. If it WAS someone, I would say a mole in either one of the intelligence agencies or a very specific part of the Air Force (less likely).

...No, it's not like the government could save lives now by saying what they knew. As far as we know they tried to stop it and failed, it's just not as simple as you think.

Yes very good, I had thought it looked quite clear when I sayed,

The word choice of Imminent refering to it as being prior to the event (9/11)

Whats the sarcastic tone all about ?
I have done alot of research regarding 9/11 especially on this forum, it is something that intrigues me very much. Not least the Bin Laden families links with Bush
Snr, the money gained by Larry Silverstein (the owner of the towers) who purchased the real estate 7 weeks before 9/11 for something like $14-15 million and was paid $8 billlion (tax exempt) when they came down (sound investment). the fact that paranoia about Iraq was conveniently floating about before and after, that everytime Iraq was mentioned post 09/11/01 Al Qaeda and 9/11 were also thrown into the ring, so do not try to discredit me with cheap sarcasm & a patronising tone which borders annoying.

[edit on 1-1-2007 by marcopolo]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join