It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions and answers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
this topic is related to this but more of a open discussion and not a resource

i have created this one for the sole purpose where people can ask question and hopefully find their answers about Islam in general.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
In the Islam faith do you believe in Jesus , and the Virgin Mary, if not why?

Does Jihad mean a holy war?

What is the difference between the catholic religion and Islam?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Is it true that you cannot be a "good" Muslim unless you believe in Sharia law? Also, isn't it true that most Muslims think that Sharia law should be the law of all countries?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Is it true that you cannot be a "good" Muslim unless you believe in Sharia law? Also, isn't it true that most Muslims think that Sharia law should be the law of all countries?

i know that's not true. i stopped by a local mosque last night (they were having a fund raiser to help out a homeless shelter i volunteer at) and they were discussing this and most of them viewed sharia law in the same way that most reform jews view kosher laws. something that they should honor the spirit of but not the actual letter of.

it was quite enlightening, esepcially since i'm reading the koran at the moment

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

I tried reading the Koran but it just reminded me too much of the Old Testament of the Bible and the Old Testament in my opinion is just :shk:... Yeah, that just about sums it up.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I have a question.

If I know the answer to a question can I answer it?

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
[edit on 1-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I tried reading the Koran but it just reminded me too much of the Old Testament of the Bible and the Old Testament in my opinion is just :shk:... Yeah, that just about sums it up.

it all depends on the parts that you read. and many parts are essentially the old testament with different phrasing. the parts on the necessity of charity are enlightening.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   

i know that's not true. i stopped by a local mosque last night (they were having a fund raiser to help out a homeless shelter i volunteer at) and they were discussing this and most of them viewed sharia law in the same way that most reform jews view kosher laws. something that they should honor the spirit of but not the actual letter of.

Check out the "other side of Islam"

kenlydell.typepad.com...

top topics

join