It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

girls... what do GIRLS want

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

I didn't say you had to actually LISTEN. Sheesh! A blank stare and a wandering brain work real well, with a few "yeps" for good measure. I like to think about new gadgets I could buy.

Amen brother! That's my secret technique!

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I’ve been watching this thread for a few days, and some of you guys just about have it right, and some of you are so far off base you’ll never make it home.

Girls like to have their ego’s stroked just as much as guys do.
Do you think your girl is beautiful? Then you have to tell her, no not everyday, but a couple of times a week would sure be nice
If you think she’s sexy too… tell her. It’s wonderful to hear, and it puts a girl in that loving feeling… catch my drift?

Girls want to feel safe. At least I do!
There’s nothing safer & secure than knowing your man is going to protect you no matter what. It’s a good feeling.

Girls like to go out and have fun occasionally.
No they don’t want to hear any crap about how you hate crowds, or about how much other people piss you off. Just relax for once and enjoy your time together, there’s plenty of other times/places you can show your aggression. Keep your irritability level in check, and you’ll probably even get lucky when you get home
Nothing spoils the ambiance more than a mans intolerance!

Girls like to pamper men with food.
If you express your hunger in the sweetest manner you can muster…throwing in a few compliments about her cooking…she’ll be putty in your hand. My son is gonna make some girl a good hubby someday…he’s so good at this already…he even brings his friends home for My cooking…they tell me how much he brags about My cooking! And I’m putty!

Does the house look nice when you come home?
Then for God’s sake…appreciate it, and don’t immediately mess it up! That’s the most discouraging thing you can do to a woman that has gone the extra mile to make sure you have a nice clean castle to come home to.

Girls like to have somebody to talk to, especially if they are a stay at home mom with little ones. By the time you get home from work she’s going to be looking for some adult conversation. And if you don't give it to her, she's gonna find it somewhere else!

Yes try to like her friends. Not all of them…at least act like you like her best friend. Try to avoid statements like… “You and all your goofy friends are crazier than a bunch of Sh-t house rats!”

Women are the weaker of the sexes both physically, and more importantly…emotionally! A guy that understands a woman’s ups and downs… Yes, girls need to cry...it makes them feel better. Do they always know why they are crying? Hell No!! It just hit us like a ton of bricks…and we are crying and we don’t even know why ourselves. If you’re a feminist…stuff it….you know it’s tru

Girls even like to have sex :shock:
But, if all of the above things have been stomped on…then forget it! That’s like rubbing salt into open wounds.

Adjusting your package? Body Hair?
Neither of these come close to making it on my important list of Don’t Do’s. Now burping and farting in public…that’s rude, and should be avoided when you’re out with a woman. Do that sort of thing when your out with your guy friends…they won’t care one bit…heck…they probably even join you.

Zedd…you’re right about one thing….girls do love their shoes
Actually you’re right about a lot of things, and I think you must be a pretty perceptive man…or you’ve learned the hard way and it’s been a rough road? And by all means…lie. Do whatever it takes

[edit on 4/5/2007 by jensouth31]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31

Girls like to pamper men with food.
If you express your hunger in the sweetest manner you can muster…throwing in a few compliments about her cooking…she’ll be putty in your hand. My son is gonna make some girl a good hubby someday…he’s so good at this already…he even brings his friends home for My cooking…they tell me how much he brags about My cooking! And I’m putty!

REALLY?!?!? damn, if you can find me a woman that cooks I'll wash the dishes!

Do they always know why they are crying? Hell No!! It just hit us like a ton of bricks…and we are crying and we don’t even know why ourselves. If you’re a feminist…stuff it….you know it’s tru

Yeah, doing that scares me.

Girls even like to have sex :shock:
But, if all of the above things have been stomped on…then forget it! That’s like rubbing salt into open wounds.

Damn, looks like there's work to be done LOL

[edit on 5-4-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Zedd…you’re right about one thing….girls do love their shoes
Actually you’re right about a lot of things, and I think you must be a pretty perceptive man…or you’ve learned the hard way and it’s been a rough road? And by all means…lie. Do whatever it takes

Why thank you Jen.
Yes, I'm a student of human nature and although I sprinkle most things with humor (obviously in this thread), I do actually understand many things about relationships. It wasn't exactly a rough road, athough I did have a good 14-year practice run.

I have ceratinly learned that when you're in a relationship...if she's unhappy, your unhappy.

I've also learned to compromise. Generally my wife and I work well together. We discuss things, come up with a plan, and then do it her way. It works quite well.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Why thank you Jen.
Yes, I'm a student of human nature and although I sprinkle most things with humor (obviously in this thread), I do actually understand many things about relationships. It wasn't exactly a rough road, athough I did have a good 14-year practice run.

I have ceratinly learned that when you're in a relationship...if she's unhappy, your unhappy.

I've also learned to compromise. Generally my wife and I work well together. We discuss things, come up with a plan, and then do it her way. It works quite well.

No problem Zedd
You're right again...If momma aint happy, aint nobody happy! At least that's what they say at my house

And you let her have her way
I like to have my way about things too...not everything...just certain things.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   

And you let her have her way
I like to have my way about things too...not everything...just certain things.

Letting her have it her way ended up getting me plenty of good "man toys" like a new laptop, a big screen tv with surround sound system, and recently a new PlayStation3.

Also include are liberal doses of "sexy time" so who says giving in is bad?

Keep a happy woman and you'll be a happy man.

ps) Seattle is not far from Oregon. I'm thinking a trip is going to be worth that awesome cooking.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   

ps) Seattle is not far from Oregon. I'm thinking a trip is going to be worth that awesome cooking.

I shouldn’t have revealed so much
You better watch it Zedd, I’ll turn into putty in your hand

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Lol LOL ..Zedd... I assume you are being humorous in this. I compromise on some things worth doing so. Others I dont..no intrest in it. Somethings as a male you need to stand your ground and do it well. One of the problems alluded to here is that women are often more emotional than men by far. I dont like that for some women being emotional often trys to pass for being correct. I dont agree with this technique.
The problem I find with most men ,and it is their fault, is that they cannot deal with an emotional woman or a woman who can out talk them ten to one in a argument or debate. Combine this with emotions and a man can often be exceptionally lost.

Agree with Jen south in that women do want to have sex. NO problem here. It is just that they have different requirements to be met than do most men. No problem here too. I am just not always intrested in meeting these conditions...ie ...trying out. (See my previous comments on "Unconditional Love").

LOL LOL..I dont know how comments on flea markets and yard sales got translated into sex and sexuality but I suppose it takes all kinds. I must have lost something here in translation. As I recall the gist was of inexpensive things to do...together.
I never thought of this pastime as pertaining to the law of averages. But...you never know!!

As to cooking..I have found that there is an increasing number of what passes for women today who do not have this skill. Fast food and Microwaves have stunted many here. I can myself cook and will not starve without a microwave.
I do however like a woman who can cook something more than microwave...a meal cooked and prepared by a woman who cares. This is a wonderful experience to a man who knows its value.

In the comments about a womans shoes. I must admit I am at a loss to understand the fascination of so many women with shoes. It is as advanced as their fascination with jewelry. Not all women mind you but a noticable number. It must be so to keep such a huge market in jewelry and shoes. Could it be some kind of defective gene from the primordal days of the caves...etc??? I actually had one woman I was seeing ask me if I could build her a closet to house her shoes!!! Astonishing!! With this woman it would have been a career!! We didnt last long. High maintenance!!
In my inadequicies here I'd best leave this one alone. Perhapsed some of you can clarify this for me before I step all over my tounge. But this almost drugged fascination of some women with shoes is an intresting phenomonon.

Great posts here,
Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   

I shouldn’t have revealed so much
You better watch it Zedd, I’ll turn into putty in your hand

Proof positive gents! She cooks and I showed appreciation. Write that down.

And Jen, that would be putty in my "hands", because using two hands to mold putty is something that should be done with care and attention to detail. Now about that cooking....

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Okay Zedd “hands” yes, two hands are better than one

Orangetom: What is that fascination with shoes? I can’t give you an exact answer, but I am a shoe whore.

I think I have sexy feet…and a pair of sexy shoes, on freshly manicured feet…how could a girl resist? I think I have near 50 pairs. My daughter think I have impeccable taste when it comes to shoes! I agree with her
It's really a shame that we wear the same size shoe and she's constantly stealing my shoes!

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
zed man it makes so much sense about the shoes...my brain still cant get why theyr so obsesed with shoes though...
all those advices are great and true but it depens if ur dating a real girl or some teenage fake that changes boyfriends every week^^

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this topic has been covered yet....but the issue of girls taking forever to get ready after saying they won't. I know if I tell my lady we need to be somewhere for 9:00AM, she starts getting ready at about 8:20 because she says it won't take her long.... It does. We end up late. Not just my current lady....any female I have ever encountered has done this. Including my own mother!

A trick I have learned about this and would like to share.........Tell them you have to be there a half an hour before you actually do. I used to do this to my mother and works well with my current lady. That way when they run over schedule....you aren't late!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unisol
zed man it makes so much sense about the shoes...my brain still cant get why theyr so obsesed with shoes though...

Because women dress up and match their shoes to their handbags and other accessories. They don't totally do it for men though because most men don't notice. When asked the magic question of "how do I look?" men usually say something like "you look okay" in response. Hint: Not what she's looking for.

Women actually dress more for other women, because women notice. Ever been on a date where the woman will say "would you look at her dress?" or something similar? Women notice what other women wear.

If a man would notice a bit more, then it's an edge. If a man can dress well, even better. I don't mean anything overboard or anything. Just some small things.

For example:
- match your shoes and belt (no brown belts and black shoes)
- don't wear denim jeans and a denim shirt together (wear different color pants...unless you're a cowboy)
- never wear a pattern shirt with pattern pants (like a stripe shirt with cords)
- if your drawer has only white socks, go shopping and get blacks and browns to match your shoes
- most guys forget the jacket should also match the shoes/belt (wearing all brown stuff and then a black jacket is dumb)
- when dressing up, for god sakes NEVER wear a belt and suspenders (it's one OR the other)

Lord! I could go on, but these are simple things...not fancy stuff and it will still have you looking like a man...but with some style.

I was just lucky to have a mom that taught me well. Oh yeah, and for god sakes...learn to clean a toilet! Ask a woman if you need to learn, but taking a lady to your pad and having a messy toilet just speaks to women.

It says "ewwwww, I definately don't want to see him naked!"

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
u know they are boys too that take long to "get ready"
hahaha
yea girls usualy spend much time but there are girls that still get on time
the REALLY FUNNY STUFF is when she tells "i wont put make up" and comes like christina agilera

dont u love girls that look beautifull without need of make up?

[edit on 6/4/07 by Unisol]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Womens shoes never intrested me to the extent they find such fascination with them. I am sure this is why I am having difficulty with this concept and cannot seem to satisfactorily grasp beyond a certain point.

Actually Jensouth ,I prefer my woman barefoot. Oh..I dont mean this in a bad connotation so often assumed by the bulk of folks today. It is just that when my woman comes over I like her to relax by rubbing her bare feet. As an apartment manager her feet take a daily beating so to speak. Move ins, Move outs, Inspections, Meetings etc etc etc. I find great pleasure and satisfaction in creating even an enviornment where she can relax and unwind. After some dinner and a foot rub it does not take her long to fall asleep and I dont mind. I watch over her while cleaning up and go to fix some coffee or dessert.

Mind you now ..this is not exactly with the most noble of reasons in mind. When I rub her feet and she falls asleep..I can easily watch TV and channel surf continuously which would normally drive her crazy. Not much of substance on most channels and I dislike most of the commercial appeal so I constantly surf. She doesnt care as long as I keep rubbing those tired feet. So there is a modus operandi here.

As to women dressing for other women..I agree with Zedd. Women spot this very quickly in other women. I have posted this before on another thread.
AT a company Christmas party, to which I was invited by a woman, I tired of the happenings in the ball room and retired to a sofa in the lobby. From this vantage point I was able to observe wildlife in its natural habitat.
I quickly realized the women in the lobby were closely scrutinizing and watching the other women arriving ..not the men per se..but the other women. This was a very revealing moment in life..unguarded ...open..not concealed. I was a bit shocked at the looks on some of the womens faces and what I was seeing. It was literally wildlife...unguarded. These are kodak moments frozen/etched in my mind for the very feralness of the nature being observed. I also realized that this implied some kind of a social pecking order among the women. Status. I have heard so few men ever comment on such a phenomonon that I came to realize that this is not necessarily for the eyes of men..but women only. I can only assume the natural dumbness of most men allows this to operate below the radar resolution of most males.
That Zedd understands this means his radar is frequency agile.

Also Zedd's basic outline for male dressing is correct. A male who can dress himself with some kind of thinking rationale is an indicator to a woman of his "potential." The "P" Word!! He has it together in dress so he may have it together in other areas crucial to them.

I am ok with this and can dress up or down when necessary. I just dont have much use for a woman who treats me as if I am here to be a key ingredient to her ensemble and that this is my major role in life. Not happening. Ive known to many with variations of this and what it implys.

Ahhhhh!! It just dawned on me!!! 'Could it be that the fascination with shoes in female socialization here in the west is that one of the key ingredients in putting together a matching wardrobe ensemble is shoes?? I dont know why I have never considered this until now. I suppose my radar needs a bit more fine tuning!! The word "Ensemble" seemed to trigger this line of thought.
Comments on this would be appreciated.

Conversely I Like a woman who can dress up or down as needed. I am not intrested in a porcelin statue to take down off the shelf, clean/dust, and rub my hands all over it before putting it back on the shelf. These are a dime a dozen.

I suppose I am getting a bit off topic here but let me close by saying that within certain bounds I dont worry about what a woman or girl wants. Thats just me. I'm just not intrested in but so much "trying out."

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
ok guiz....if its there ONe girl to ask my question....
"why when a girl sees some boy on the bus or on the street she always start to fix her hair,WHY!?"i see every girl do this...

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
Ahhhhh!! It just dawned on me!!! 'Could it be that the fascination with shoes in female socialization here in the west is that one of the key ingredients in putting together a matching wardrobe ensemble is shoes?? I dont know why I have never considered this until now. I suppose my radar needs a bit more fine tuning!! The word "Ensemble" seemed to trigger this line of thought.
Comments on this would be appreciated.

How many times have you heard that a certain handbag or shoes just won't work? Or even the dreaded "I don't have a thing to wear."

It IS the ensemble, but also oh-so much more.

Okay, we'll look at going out to a planned event because it's the easiest to illustrate. First you've got outfit selection. This takes in factors like height, weight, body condition, etc, etc.

Then you have make-up selection, which is not random. Heck no! Shades and colors are selected that work WITH the outfit and or the color of the accessories (next step).

Some accessories come in the form of jewelry which will match. Yellow metals with yellow metals, silver metals with silver metals, pearls with pearls, etc. Diamonds can work with anything depending on the setting colors.

The next accessories are the sheos, belt, handbag. They all have to match or work well overall. Sometimes it might be all black but other times it's a black coat with leapord print shoes and bag. The point here is that women DO have a matching plan. Maybe matching is not the right term. It could even be different colors that still work together.

Then there is the coat, nylons, underwear (if there is a small chance it might be seen, then it won't be the "comfy" undies - women know what I mean. LOL!), and how could I forget...the hair. Certain outfits work with up-hairstyles, certain ones with down hairstyles.

*whew*

We could probably make an entire thread alone on this kind of advances calculus/geometry style factoring that goes into the female art form of dressing.

Make no mistake. Even if you meet her in jeans and a t-shirt, there was much brainpower spent on that outfit and how it factors with the rest of the total package.

Men on the other hand? Pants, socks (possibly white), underwear (clean? who knows), shoes, belt (long as it functional, style matters not), shirt (what's an iron?), and a quick run-through the hair.

Then you're saying "What's taking you so long? We've got to go!"

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Yes I agree ..it is the ensemble but also much more as the whole seems to have to do with that status/pecking order....below the radar levels of most men..down in the weeds so to speak. Man...how about those LA Lakers??!!

I know some time past I bought this woman a jewelry box...you know the type with the mirror on it ..stands upright. More like a jewelry rack. She didnt have enough to fill it up at the time. Guess what olde man...she does now!! I will not however make accomodations for shoes...not happening!!!

Myself am mostly a jeans and tennis or work shoe type when hanging around the house and doing odds and ends. Yup I like white socks for this.
ON the occasions when I go out I will dress up but seldom formally. I am just not naturally that formal.

I am just not that intrested in being a accessory to a womans wardrobe ensemble...and her trying to change me to be so. Neither will I do this to women. I appreciate a woman who knows how to dress but it is not my core requirement of a woman.
This type of social adaptation/compromise I dont find worthy of my time.
A woman needs to offer me much more than this because my time is worth it. Thats just the way I am.

Thanks for your viewpoint and the humor,

Orangetom

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
there hase to be more guis like that....couse thats all true.....still talking about compromises if shes nice and makes compromises for you then maybe u can repay just a little...its human....
if u say honey do ur hair green couse i love girls with green hair(:

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Wow. There really are a few people here who seem to understand the basics in attracting a woman. You know who you are. Those qualities are good and well, but will they work with attracting very hot, very intelligent women? The advice given is very good when in the relationship, and only in the beginning when you start dating. But what if you really don't want just one relationship, but several relationships? Or what if you just want a casual partner? To understand this, you must understand the primitive side of a woman. You have to understand that dating, at least the way I see it, is a battlefield where the weak, are stepped on, used and abused. Simply thrown away in the trash without ever looking back. Here is the key. All women in the world, no matter where you are, are always looking for something better to come along. Really, all women are looking for is a man who is a sexual threat. Do you guys follow me? Women know this. Isn't this right. Girls?

[edit on 6-4-2007 by souls]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join