It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cloned Animals are OK to Eat Rules the FDA

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I don't really see anything "wrong" with cloned meat. It's still natural meat. Like another poster said, it is an upgrade from selective breeding. The next level up from that is growing meat. After that, it's just.. making the meat appear
Hmm.. after that, there is no meat, damn... we are all going to be using bio-batteries in the couple of hundred years! We are pretty much destined to become cyborgs.

Cloning would aim to produce cattle/animals that respond the best to genetic stimulation/hormone treatment who also require the least amount of (artificial) feed due to their ability to utilize more of the nutrients, but with control being on the genetic level instead of the mainly physical.

That phase will probably be skipped over though, before it is perfected. Growing meat will probably be more or less economically viable before we make magic cow-feed pellets and animals that don't have to #.

It's the same as skipping the creation of an artificial lifeform of a "plant" which grows raw meat inside of a protective shell... for skipping the lab. We'd just skip that and go for the replicator

Hell, if you wouldn't eat cloned meat, would you eat replicator meat?

Bio-batteries and holodecks are inevitable. I'd rather be like a cylon and be able to download my mind into a new body after I died anyway.

I suppose after that, we'll just be some type of interdimensional floating "brains" that can teleport and feed off of ZPE. This would be before we fuse back together with the universe - completing the cycle of one primitive lifeform into many, and many back into one. Other alien races have already done this. Some of us can even "see" it, for a very short time. We are all destined to fuse with the universe.

Yeah, it's pretty useless to shun new technology and our own mental/physical evolution. We aren't going to stay the same, so trying to grasp at the present in order to deny the future is futile at best and ignorance at worst. We will become cyborgs soon, heck - some of us already are.

Quit being technophobes, let go of the past, and eat your cloned meat!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
US regulators set to approve cloned meat, milk: report

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=Aj0rmbeFRbNnABLHaQsWsyas0NUE

The US Food and Drug Administration is expected to declare milk and meat from cloned animals and their offspring safe to eat as early as next week, the Wall Street Journal reported Friday.

The federal agency decision would come after more than six years of deliberation on the issue, the newspaper said, without naming its sources.FDA spokeswoman Kimberly Rawlings told AFP that the food agency "is still working to finalize our risk assessment activities" and that it could not say when the process would be complete.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hooray! the advent of vat meat is upon us! I'm looking forward to it, actually. I can eat a steak grown in a vat and not have to listen to the gloom n doom environmental extremists saying cattle are destroying the earth!

Go, vat meat! all hail technological advancement.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
hmm, maybe we'll have to coin a new term for this "lost soul-food"

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join