It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Skeptics! *Take Off Your Masks*

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
CaptainLazy wrote:

When it comes to UFOs, the 'truth' is opinion. One man will need more evidence than another to form a conclusion.

The truth as I know it has only one meaning. Why would previous civilizations leave behind so many references to UFOs? Are you calling all of them liars? What would be their motivation? They weren't trying to sell books or hide advanced technology. And the same goes for the many thousands of of living people who have had encounters, including myself. I don't see what we have to gain besides getting flack. But I'm prepared for that, else I would not have made the original post.

CaptainLazy wrote:

The general populous.

I'm part of the general populous and I don't concur.

CaptainLazy wrote:

The Washington UFO story is an interesting one, but where exactly are you getting the ETs motives from? Posting some sources/evidence for such claims might help.

www.exopolitics.org...
www.ufoevidence.org...

CaptainLazy wrote:

Theres really no need for that sort of tone.

I said that it was a silly question because I never claimed to be channeling information from ET. The tone I got from the question was one of badgering.

CaptainLazy wrote:

I'm sure SwatMedic dosen't need one to land in his garden to believe. As he said, all he wants in concrete proof. Some peoples concrete proof is more than lights in a sky. You are simply exagerating to make asking for more evidence petty. HaveSeen4Myself, your condescending attitude really lets your posts down.

Even the title of the thread sets you up for a fall, why do you refer to skeptics as having 'masks'? Assuming someone with a different opinion to you is 'against the truth' just isn't true and saying it isn't going to help anyone. Your posts are filled with wild claims of behind the scenes diplomacy, that I'd really like to see evidence for.

As for the Washington story, anything more people can post about it would be appreciated. I didn't watch all of the NASA evidence video because I really couldn't stand the music, but I did skip forward and I think I remember the clips.

A story that ran on the front page of that many major newspapers, especially in the 1950's, is generally regarded as fact. My opinion in the opening post was not directed at anyone specific. The title of this post was meant to get your attention and the 'mask' is a symbolic reference.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
These personal contacts must be prepared with a lot of care, people must be spiritualy prepared. It means to have not only love, humility, understanding for each other, for other in the group, but also a loving relationship after longer talking with friends from the Universe. Moreover stable smooth vibrations lasting for a long time, not only just in the day of prepared contact but many days or months before. No negative thoughts (coarse vibrations), be aware of the fact what these negative thoughts really mean. That is very difficult for many people. For instance ”terribly beatiful” is a coarse vibration. The word ”terribly”. Do not negate or condemn anything, simply do not have bad thoughts, be well-balanced and live in harmony. This all must be made properly, because only then you can consider the possibility of a personal contact at a chosen place.

It is necessary to dispose of coarse vibrations by plenty of forgiveness (dispose of negative bonds between other people), and also have free and activated energetic blocks (chakkry) of their body.

Open unconditionally your hearts, dear people, because I also try to do it this way, otherwise we will not achieve what we all want to achieve.

Finally, the most important thing, to love Creator with real love, and before the personal meeting ask for this contact with friends from the Universe. It is the same as when we try to make a telepathic contact.

Then there will be several attempts to manage a personal contact at a chosen place (for example a car), disposed of coarse vibrations coming from towns, villages, cottages and cabins (the best is a mountain valley). Friends from the Universe will then do variety tests of vibrations (that means testing of vibrations of a group of peolpe as well as testing of terrain several kilometres around).

Then a real personal contact on a board of a spaceship is possible.

What is difficult for people of the Earth at present need not be (and will not be) later. Because people will be able to control their thoughts and will be aware of the fact what such a contact will be like. That is why, dear reader, do not take it as a general fact for the future, because everythig is changing and developing fast.

What was fantasy and sci-fi recently is becoming reality now. It is our blocked thinking and feelings that do not allow us to change quickly, but it is impossible to change it by force. It is up to everyone to decide if he wants to change his behaviour and how much energy he wants to spend on this process.

I know that it is a difficult process and so do our friends from the Universe. But in spite of this fact I am working for our Creator to make it come true. It is necessary to be stable as a Sphinx, as it was told you once by Ashtar Sheran, and not to be influenced by negative thoughts of evil powers, which still work intensively. Just by creating a stable protective layer of smooth energy around your body you can be protected against this negative influence effectively. It means not being a puppet in hands of evil.

We are at the begining of the Age of Aguarius and a lot of smooth vibration energy from the Central sun of our Galaxy enable us this great chance to realise ourselves.

[edit on 12/23/06 by dOmeshoT]

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Thats Amazing HaveSeen4Myself,

Everything you've Presented IS bang on with the Sighting I had 2 years
ago.

From the Nasa Video Footage that wasent Even Close to what I saw but more EXACTALY THE SAME and Moved the same, I saw this in the Night sky as quite large objects

To the Eye-Witness Descriptions given in your Second Lnk.

What happened over Washington was Defanatly Somthing
And What I saw Was the Same Somthing
And these Somthings Are Obviously Intelligently Controlled By Someone,
Someone Not of this Earth for Obvious reasons.

I flippin Love it!

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
IronMan wrote:

A. Can know this IS a vehicle or vehicles from another world and
may you explain more about clear messages from these folk
from another place?
B. Can you know that these supposed vehicles were 'driven' by
ET and how could you know IF they've seldom interfered with
someone's military?
C. Can you know that diplomacy is the upmost priority from the
possible occupants of the supposed vehicles?

A. I can't even tell whether or not I am from another world with certainty. The behavior and flight capabilities of these objects along with the reaction from Andrews AFB suggests that they certainly not from the U.S. and likely from another world. The message had to do with concern for our well being.

B. No. but I'm fairly certain that ET was at the controls. I guess 'seldom' is a little vague. I wouldn't be bothered if ET disarmed the world's nukes, so 'not enough interference in my opinion' would be more accurate.

C. Their message seemed clear and unchanging. ET publicly demonstrated this way for a reason. Evidently the U.S. complied or put a muzzle on the media after this, since further similar activity was not reported.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   

They demanded that we dismantle and destroy our nuclear weapons as the major condition. They refused to exchange technology citing that we were spiritually unable to handle the technology which we then possessed. They believed that we would use any new technology to destroy each other.

Ok, not trying to be disrespectful here but if I list a link or quote from a tabloid paper you would see at the supermarket checkout counter is it a credible, believeable source?

The internet is loaded with some fantastic information. Sadly not all of it is accurate nor is it posted for us to learn but rather to profit from.

You can find link after link to different items that claim to validate the wildest viewpoints but the bottom line is we still have no proof. Just because "An astronomer says..." doesnt make it true or real.

Our ancestors, you know the ones who painted those caves and supposedly left all kinds of messages and tributes to aliens, believed in multiple Gods, demons, and ghosts. They were afraid of their own shadows and the sight of a shooting star would be enough to generate a painting or carving in the stone.

The difference between them and us is that they didnt know any better, we do. (well, some of us)

So, while some may choose to link to sites about eye witness reports and theories from people asking for donations, I will sit and wait for something concrete and hope for first contact to happen.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I'm sure SwatMedic dosen't need one to land in his garden to believe. As he said, all he wants in concrete proof. Some peoples concrete proof is more than lights in a sky. You are simply exagerating to make asking for more evidence petty.

Well sadly this is what it degenerates into.

One side asking for something more conclusive and the other saying we have tons already so stop asking for more.

I just dont understand why asking for real concrete proof is so threatening to some of the true believers.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   

The truth as I know it has only one meaning. Why would previous civilizations leave behind so many references to UFOs? Are you calling all of them liars? What would be their motivation? They weren't trying to sell books or hide advanced technology.

I touched on this in my other post but basically, their motivation was FEAR of the unknown. They didnt know about meteors and comets, atmospheric anomalies and the dozens of other things that can cause "lights in the sky"

Their belief system and limited intelligence left them to their own interpretations based on what they knew at the time. Thats not a slam at the ancestors its just that they didnt have the knowledge to process what they saw.

There are probably cultures in the Amazon today that if they saw a plane they would think it was a chariot of the Gods or something. It might even inspire them paint a cave wall or draw a huge Icon in the ground to appease the gods. Does this make them right or naive because they have never seen one before?

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwatMedic
Radar blips, cave painting, lights in the sky. All interesting and possibly something more than just lights but for now, we still have no concrete absolute proof of Alien Spacecraft.

I look at it this way. There HAS to be life more intelligent than what we are have on Earth but, if they are so smart as to get here from light years away then why do they suddenly become so dumb?

If you can build craft that can travel at or beyond light speed, or fold space time then how can you be so dumb as to be "discovered" on simpleton radar or filmed with cameras?

If they are here they would either; remain hidden or make their presence known to us. If they are trying to remain hidden and all these lights in the sky are actually them, then they need to go to the Alien version of PeP Boys and get their stuff fixed.

If their intention is to be seen, then land on the white house lawn and pop the hatch!!

The theory that by showing us glimpses of them that they are preparing us to handle the disclosure of their existence is weak as well. Cavepaintings go back pretty far, so I think they've done enough preparing.

I WANT their to be aliens. I WANT their to be part of a galactic community. But I want PROOF. Not lights in the sky. Not space dust on NASA cameras. Not Flares over Phoenix. Not blips on a Radar screen.

Until we get Katie Couric on the evening news announcing a summit meeting between the President and the Galactic Overlord of Zeta Reticuli, then it wont be proof enough to satiate the throngs of people who WANT concrete evidence instead of conjecture and circumspec sightings.

Perhaps they are not so dumb. If they are so intelligent as to acquire interstellar travel, it is by means of choice that they allow theirselves to Be seen on radar and in sky by naked eye; choice is theirs and choice is Ours because We are all Us, even "them". 1.) Stop only WANTing, 2.) Being will occur, 3.) having will Be, 4.) to Be will Be knowing. Presently Exists a WANT to accept, ergo any and all evidence is diss claimed; disses the claim.

"They" are "here" and they are Not hidden; proof within Being; evidence within WANT.

Satiation is a mal defined word originating from a primitive consciousness. Satiation is actually emaciating intellect among other things; No is beyond anything, Everything is Everything, all ways. There is Not and there is No beyond Existence, Existence is Everything Existing simultaneously. No and Not, derivatives of Nothing and Nothingness, do Not Exist.

Do Not separate Being from want, allow WANTing to Be because WANT is Being. All is truth

[edit on 28-12-2006 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I'm with the skeptics, here.

Originally posted by HaveSeen4Myself
The truth as I know it has only one meaning. Why would previous civilizations leave behind so many references to UFOs?

They didn't.

The makers of the video are repeating some very badly researched material. Some of it is outright hoax, others are improperly interpreted (they turn "glories" which are representations of God's power and might into UFOs... when the texts accompanying the paintings says they're glories and not UFOs.)

Are you calling all of them liars?

We're saying that those who made the interpretations didn't bother to research. That they were so excited to find "UFOs" that they actually didn't bother to look and see if the painter had written about the painting or how it's been described through the ages. In the case of rock art (the stuff that isn't hoaxed), they also didn't bother to check to see what the descendants of the artists had to say.

That's bad research...but if they'd done good research, they wouldn't have a "UFO".

www.exopolitics.org...

www.ufoevidence.org...

That's a DISMAL bit of reasoning: "Eisenhower 'vanished' to have dental surgery... therefore he had a meeting with aliens!" The bit about "in 1953 scientists discovered asteroids... later found to be spaceships" is also wrong. No such finding occurred. Nor were there "rumors" that Eisenhower was meeting or had met with aliens during that time period. (Yes, I was around back then.)

A story that ran on the front page of that many major newspapers, especially in the 1950's, is generally regarded as fact.

It is, but can be superseded by better information. This happens lots (murders where the murderer is later announced, other breaking news, etc.

Finally, the sheer bulk of "oh! they're here!" sightings that have reportedly been going on for thousands of years is another negative point. There is no consistancy about the looks of the "aliens" or their motives or their information and we have yet to get/see one piece of real technology from them.

Even the AmerInds got knives from the alien European invaders. We have no such things.

(an alien technology would be something that requires a complete retooling in the way we do things and produce things -- such as having Leonardo da Vinci set up a working telegraph between the major cities of Europe during his lifetime. Not something (transistors) that are simply an improvement of an existing technology (circuitry.))

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Just a question for Byrd, I would like to ask you where you feel the best evidence is that you are aware of. As a skeptic, with an engaging interest in the ET subject, is there _anything_ ..any cases.. that you feel actually carry some merit? Or do you feel everything in the field is 100% bunk?

For me, The Disclosure Project has all the compelling material one needs, but for many TDP is not enough. It's always interesting to see where the skeptic stands in terms of the other side of the coin. Others, feel free to comment also.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   

choice is theirs and choice is Ours because We are all Us, even "them".

In what context are you referring to "Us".

As members of planet earth, as neighbors in the galaxy, as God's children?

Please be more specific and less cryptic.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwatMedic

choice is theirs and choice is Ours because We are all Us, even "them".

In what context are you referring to "Us".

As members of planet earth, as neighbors in the galaxy, as God's children?

Please be more specific and less cryptic.

Us is literally Everything, including other sentients of Existence.

As citizens of Existence, as citizens of reality, as citizens of consciousness, as citizens of Eternity and as citizens of... Heaven or Hell (for comprehension of the religious), the beholder is the choice, Eternally beholding is the choice of Us.

Degrees of specificity are only as cryptic as a comprehending observer allows and permits.

u2u for further discussion, derailing the tracks that the train of thread topics rolls upon is against t.o.c.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
www.bvalphaserver.com...

Confirmation that the First Contact meeting involved extraterrestrials who were effectively spurned for taking what might be considered a principled stand on technology assistance and nuclear weapons comes from the son of a former Navy Commander who claimed that his father had been present at the First Contact event on February 20-21, 1954. According to Charles L. Suggs, a retired Sgt from the US Marine Corps, his father Charles L. Suggs, (1909-1987) was a former Commander with the US Navy who attended the meeting at Edwards Air force base with Eisenhower.

Penalties for disclosing classified information concerning extraterrestrials are quite severe. In December 1953, the Joint Chiefs of Staff issued Army-Navy-Air Force publication 146 that made the unauthorized release of information concerning UFOs a crime under the Espionage Act, punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

I have some important questions for the skeptics who supposedly want the truth revealed. If you are NOT seeking the truth, I'm requesting that you STAY OUT of this discussion.

If, in fact, first contact was made in 1954 with representatives of ET races and U.S./world leaders:

1. Would this be important to you and why?
2. How important would this be in historical terms to you?
3. Can you explain our sudden advances in technology starting in the 60's?
4. Why do you defend your skepticism so aggressively?

[edit on 12/28/2006 by HaveSeen4Myself]

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Let's suppose that the 1952 Washington, D.C. UFO flap, which is WELL DOCUMENTED, was ET's attempt at first contact. They flew in formation directly over the Capitol of the most powerful nation on the planet very slowly. What kind of a welcome did they get? When the fighter jets aggressively approached, the UFOs eluded them with ease. Obviously aware of the dangers, they kept returning to the restricted airspace repeatedly, showing no aggression, over the course of the evening. This continued, which is WELL DOCUMENTED, until the wee hours of the morning. ET gave us a week to think about it.

Then the UFOs appeared in the same fashion a week later in the same place. Likely, this is when the actual first contact occurred. Instead of the citizens freaking out, our government couldn't handle the truth. After fifty plus years, the U.S. military is more aggressive than ever. Probably better at shooting ET down and definately much better at misleading the public. Is this how you want to be represented?

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I agree that the photographs of balls of light, strange, metallic
looking shapes in the sky and saucer-shaped objects weaving
in and out of video footage requires a person to ask what they
are.
But why resort to a remote conclusion as beings from other
worlds or demensions?
We know quite a lot about our enviroment, yet ball lightning,
and up-side-down lightning have really just shuffled onto the
stage.

As I've said before, I wish for a revelation from Governments
that expound the reality of off-world entities, but sadly, if any
such proclamations exist, it may have to come from the aliens
themselves... if they exist.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I have some important questions for the skeptics who supposedly want the truth revealed. If you are NOT seeking the truth, I'm requesting that you STAY OUT of this discussion.

If, in fact, first contact was made in 1954 with representatives of ET races and U.S./world leaders:

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IronMan

Two words, 17 letters; erusolcsid tcejorp

One word, seven letters; thought

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by HaveSeen4Myself

1. Yes, of course. It would mean that we possibly stand a better chance
of surviving our petty squabbles we seem to be always be in.
I would feel that my time spent on this subject when I was young and
the money I've spent on visiting Roswell, and other 'strange' sites and
of course the costs of numerous books on the subject, was justified.

It would also mean that we may benefit from technologies from our
new space friends and that hunger and hatred could be a thing of the
past. The feeling that no matter what our elected people may decide
about withholding life-benefiting equipment, the aliens could step forward
and advice them.

2. It would be very historical... wait a moment! it would be the second biggest
'chunk' of history in our concept of the life on Earth. The first of course,
being the positive proof of the existence of a God.

3. Our so-called advances in certain areas were made with hard work, money
and foresight in seeing where the world is going.

4. I don't do anything aggressively, I just thought anyone willing to step up
to the plate to seriously discuss this topic, would expect me to back my own
play. It's democracy in action man!

Phew!! did I pass?! (just kidding)

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

Originally posted by IronMan

Two words, 17 letters; erusolcsid tcejorp

One word, seven letters; thought

Sorry Sir, you've lost me there. Is this one of those cosmic
knowledge things?!

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Does thought Exist? Then what you think, Exists. Seek for truth within, listen to your consciousness. Disclosure project.

www.disclosureproject.org

<< 1    3 >>

join