It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Skeptics! *Take Off Your Masks*

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
In July of 1952 large fleets of UFOs flew slowly in formation directly over the White House and the U.S. Capitol...not once but TWICE within a seven day period. They were picked up on Washington National Airport radar and reported by thousands of local witnesses. Fighter jets were eventually dispatched from Andrews AFB and as the F-94s approached, the UFOs went vertical at a radar estimated 7200 MPH or just disappeared at other times. After the jets landed back at Andrews, the UFOs would immediately return. This cat and mouse game was repeated several times until the wee hours of the morning, according to reports. The story made HEADLINE NEWS in The NY Times and Washington Post (and many other US newspapers), complete with a large photograph and caption commemorating the event.

Life has always had its share of mysteries, but when it comes to the topic of UFO/ET a different set of rules seem to apply. All other evidence aside, if bigfoot crossed the White House lawn several times in large packs while taunting authorities in front of god and everybody... with pictures and headlines on the front page, wouldn't that be enough proof for even the harshest of judges? When I started researching on the internet in 1995, UFO skeptics were the majority, already paTROLLING every major newsgroup and forum relating to the subject. Their arsenal of personal attacks and ridicule was not appropriate then, and I have long since determined most of them to be sowrn enemies of the truth. Look at how far we've come.

Virtually every culture since the earliest known HISTORY OF MANKIND has recorded accounts of alien visitation. Our ancestors obviously had a profound respect and appreciation for these visitors, and went to great lengths to get the message to future generations. They depicted UFOs in their artwork, etched drawings on the ground and into granite walls and published their accounts in biblical texts. They constructed beacons of information; some of the most massive structures on the planet, specifically meant to focus our attention to the skies. On many of these sites the advanced techniques of engineering and astronomy involved serve as testimony to their commitment. Something tells me that our ancient relatives were looking out for our best interest much moreso than these modern day cowboys/skeptics/ debunkers. To cast doubt on the concensus of previous intelligent civilizations is the rhetoric of arrogant and meddling privateers.

The constant traffic in and out of our atmosphere resembles an interstellar highway, with travelers visiting Earth from perhaps 60 other worlds, and/or covert mining operations within our solar system. The worldwide information highway, while revered for its immense problem solving potential, could possibly plunge us back into the dark ages with the proper coaching. The WMD of choice is disinformation.

This is worth a look: www.youtube.com...

[edit on 12/26/2006 by HaveSeen4Myself]

[edit on 12/26/2006 by HaveSeen4Myself]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
VERY EXCELLENT POST.

I enjoyed watching the film!

this is the evidence people need to see.
thank you for posting this.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Thanks I enjoyed posting this because it's seldom mentioned. For them to show such air superiority right over the White House sent a clear message without any violence. I can't imagine a better example of peaceful aggression. The ET's have seldom interfered with our military, and diplomacy seems to be the utmost priority. I wish I could say the same about the United States.

Here's a link to the the news story and the picture that ran on the front page of most U.S. newspapers:

www.subversiveelement.com...

I would also like to add that while I know of nobody personally that ET has ever harmed, I do know of a few they have help personally - me being one.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Radar blips, cave painting, lights in the sky. All interesting and possibly something more than just lights but for now, we still have no concrete absolute proof of Alien Spacecraft.

I look at it this way. There HAS to be life more intelligent than what we are have on Earth but, if they are so smart as to get here from light years away then why do they suddenly become so dumb?

If you can build craft that can travel at or beyond light speed, or fold space time then how can you be so dumb as to be "discovered" on simpleton radar or filmed with cameras?

If they are here they would either; remain hidden or make their presence known to us. If they are trying to remain hidden and all these lights in the sky are actually them, then they need to go to the Alien version of PeP Boys and get their stuff fixed.

If their intention is to be seen, then land on the white house lawn and pop the hatch!!

The theory that by showing us glimpses of them that they are preparing us to handle the disclosure of their existence is weak as well. Cavepaintings go back pretty far, so I think they've done enough preparing.

I WANT their to be aliens. I WANT their to be part of a galactic community. But I want PROOF. Not lights in the sky. Not space dust on NASA cameras. Not Flares over Phoenix. Not blips on a Radar screen.

Until we get Katie Couric on the evening news announcing a summit meeting between the President and the Galactic Overlord of Zeta Reticuli, then it wont be proof enough to satiate the throngs of people who WANT concrete evidence instead of conjecture and circumspec sightings.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
^^ Well said to all posts above.

I want to believe, but until i have concrete proof it makes it really hard.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Some more info here on this case:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

(also, be sure to look lower in the thread for some later research regarding the government's various findings - through FOIA docs).

Great vid find.

[edit on 27-12-2006 by Gazrok]

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
here we go again...
You want to just sit back in you chair, turn on the TV and watch CNN live broadcasting a Human and Alien Meeting to the public. Is that what you want? It is not going to happen anytime soon. Their presence is already known, even thought some people still seem to ignore that fact.

how can you call them dumb if they are being seen or discovered?
They are NOT here to spy on us. And by the way out of all the sightings, 80% can be identified and only 20% remain unknown.

The majority of people are not ready for the contact. But It will happen and Im 100% sure Im going to witness it in my lifetime.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Since you have chosen to defend the stance typical of those opposing the truth, please allow me to address these issues.

SwatMedic wrote:

Radar blips, cave painting, lights in the sky. All interesting and possibly something more than just lights but for now, we still have no concrete absolute proof of Alien Spacecraft.

I look at it this way. There HAS to be life more intelligent than what we are have on Earth but, if they are so smart as to get here from light years away then why do they suddenly become so dumb?

If you can build craft that can travel at or beyond light speed, or fold space time then how can you be so dumb as to be "discovered" on simpleton radar or filmed with cameras?

Who eaxctly is 'we'? The U.S. military is certainly convinced about ET's presence, since they've been 'swatting flies' for so long. ET had tried, without success, to discourage the U.S. from exploding nuclear weapons in our atmosphere. ET obviously didn't mind showing up on the radar as a bright heat signature; afterall they were trying to get some attention. They got plenty of attention and proved a very embarrassing point to the U.S. in plain view of OUR NATION'S CAPITOL over, and over, and over.

SwatMedic wrote:

If their intention is to be seen, then land on the white house lawn and pop the hatch!!

That's really quite silly but I will respond, anyway. ET had offered to work directly with us, on the condition that we disarm our nukes. The U.S. refused and swore ET as an enemy, much as you have done with the truth. If ET had flown into restricted airspace and landed on the White House lawn, it might have gotten ugly. I don't think that's what ET had in mind. Diplomatic relations did not seem to be an option. I don't really expect you would understand such a concept, SwatMedic.

SwatMedic wrote:

The theory that by showing us glimpses of them that they are preparing us to handle the disclosure of their existence is weak as well. Cavepaintings go back pretty far, so I think they've done enough preparing.

I don't recall proposing that theory.

SwatMedic wrote:

I WANT their to be aliens. I WANT their to be part of a galactic community. But I want PROOF. Not lights in the sky. Not space dust on NASA cameras. Not Flares over Phoenix. Not blips on a Radar screen.

Obviously, ET doesn't share your concern, since they haven't landed in your yard yet.

SwatMedic wrote:

Until we get Katie Couric on the evening news announcing a summit meeting between the President and the Galactic Overlord of Zeta Reticuli, then it wont be proof enough to satiate the throngs of people who WANT concrete evidence instead of conjecture and circumspec sightings.

If ET flew up Katie Couric's ass it wouldn't be on the evening news. Maybe you haven't watched the news for the past few years. The news media is just an extension of the U.S. political/miltary/banking/corporate/drug cartel.

[edit on 12/27/2006 by HaveSeen4Myself]

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'm with swatmedic here 100%. I too have seen a boat load of evidence.
The problem for me is the evidence clearly shows there are some things in our atmosphere that are unexplainable. U.F.O.'s even if you will. But as far as truth, I have seen nothing I mean nothing at all that adds up to "Truth" about aliens from another place where it be space, or inner earth or, the future or, another dimension.
And if there is a higher inteligence trying to study us, I don't see why they would want to "Contact" us. I mean, I use to own an "Ant farm" as a child. I watched them for years. I must admit however, I did not try to
make contact with them for two reasons I can think of at the moment.
One: I liked studying Red ants and they uhm, bite!
Two: I wern't convinced I would be able to hold an inteligent conversation with them.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Im open to the possibility we are/have been in contact with Aliens and the way you depict them in your information is in much the way I believe they would go about their business, If they are able to keep out of the light and stay hidden patiently observing us in much the same way we see animals on the Discovery channels documentaries. why would they have it any other way? even if they have made contact why would the government admit this even when they are peaceful, I believe any such species watching us would be intelligient enough not to wipe us out, it wouldnt beneift them ? they are probably indeed very interested in us (well wouldnt you be?). But again I say all this in an open-minded manner.

[edit on 27-12-2006 by marcopolo]

JSR

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by HaveSeen4Myself

That's really quite silly but I will respond, anyway. ET had offered to work directly with us, on the condition that we disarm our nukes. The U.S. refused and swore ET as an enemy, much as you have done with the truth. If ET had flown into restricted airspace and landed on the White House lawn, it might have gotten ugly. I don't think that's what ET had in mind. Diplomatic relations did not seem to be an option. I don't really expect you would understand such a concept, SwatMedic.

how do you know ET has contacted the US government, and tried to make a deal?

do you have any links on the above quote?

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HaveSeen4Myself
Since you have chosen to defend the stance typical of those opposing the truth, please allow me to address these issues.

When it comes to UFOs, the 'truth' is opinion. One man will need more evidence than another to form a conclusion.

Who eaxctly is 'we'?

The general populous.

The U.S. military is certainly convinced about ET's presence, since they've been 'swatting flies' for so long. ET had tried, without success, to discourage the U.S. from exploding nuclear weapons in our atmosphere. ET obviously didn't mind showing up on the radar as a bright heat signature; afterall they were trying to get some attention. They got plenty of attention and proved a very embarrassing point to the U.S. in plain view of OUR NATION'S CAPITOL over, and over, and over.

The Washington UFO story is an interesting one, but where exactly are you getting the ETs motives from? Posting some sources/evidence for such claims might help.

That's really quite silly but I will respond, anyway.

Theres really no need for that sort of tone.

ET had offered to work directly with us, on the condition that we disarm our nukes. The U.S. refused and swore ET as an enemy, much as you have done with the truth. If ET had flown into restricted airspace and landed on the White House lawn, it might have gotten ugly. I don't think that's what ET had in mind. Diplomatic relations did not seem to be an option. I don't really expect you would understand such a concept, SwatMedic.

Again, where are you getting this info? I would like to read it. And really, the personal attacks are unnessicary...

Obviously, ET doesn't share your concern, since they haven't landed in your yard yet.

I'm sure SwatMedic dosen't need one to land in his garden to believe. As he said, all he wants in concrete proof. Some peoples concrete proof is more than lights in a sky. You are simply exagerating to make asking for more evidence petty.

HaveSeen4Myself, your condescending attitude really lets your posts down. Even the title of the thread sets you up for a fall, why do you refer to skeptics as having 'masks'? Assuming someone with a different opinion to you is 'against the truth' just isn't true and saying it isn't going to help anyone. Your posts are filled with wild claims of behind the scenes diplomacy, that I'd really like to see evidence for.

As for the Washington story, anything more people can post about it would be appreciated. I didn't watch all of the NASA evidence video because I really couldn't stand the music, but I did skip forward and I think I remember the clips.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   

do you have any links on the above quote?

Sounds like part of the (largely dismissed) Aviary folklore, and the alleged Holloman AFB meeting, etc. But support for this is sketchy at best. There are also stories of us making a deal trading sanctioned abductions for tech, etc. but it wouldn't seem that they'd need our permission for such things.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Is it time to enter this familiar arena again?

I'm a skeptic, there I said it and hats over the windmill!
I too want there to be races from other worlds wishing
to talk to us, I too don't want to be alone in the universe.

I need proof, I want to see with my own eyes a spaceship
with 'Spaceship' written on the side of it sitting on The White
House lawn and President Bush shaking one of the visitor's
many tentacles!

I'm not on the Galactic Council, I don't have a 'in' with someone
who works at Nellis. All I have, just like many others here on
this site, is an interest in this phenomena.

Everyday, on this site, claims are made that are backed with no
evidence what-so-ever. I find it a little odd, that certain statements
that are made here never show in the general media.
Here's a question...
Why hasn't the person who KNOWS this below to be true, never
went to a newspaper or a person of high ranking in civil life and
explained why and how you:
A. Can know this IS a vehicle or vehicles from another world and
may you explain more about clear messages from these folk
from another place?
B. Can you know that these supposed vehicles were 'driven' by
ET and how could you know IF they've seldom interfered with
someone's military?
C. Can you know that diplomacy is the upmost priority from the
possible occupants of the supposed vehicles?
Here's the quote below:

"Thanks I enjoyed posting this because it's seldom mentioned. For them to show such air superiority right over the White House sent a clear message without any violence. I can't imagine a better example of peaceful aggression. The ET's have seldom interfered with our military, and diplomacy seems to be the utmost priority. I wish I could say the same about the United States."

I don't mean to be so anal, but it really bugs me that if you
show any doubt about a subject, it seems a given that you
don't believe or you're in the 'Dis-info' gang.
If I've offended anybody with my directness, I apologise.

[edit on 27-12-2006 by IronMan]

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
No I think your completely right in what your saying IronMan. Alot of believers can get ahead of themselves and put theory before evidence... It's easy to believe a story just because it's plausable and makes sense.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
"The story made HEADLINE NEWS in The NY Times and Washington Post (and many other US newspapers), complete with a large photograph and caption commemorating the event. "

I wanna see evidence of this.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Check the stickied thread of Classic UFO cases. Look for the D.C. 1952 Fly-over case.

EDIT: Here you go.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 27-12-2006 by Gazrok]

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
JSR wrote:

There are numerous sources for this information. The link provided is the most concise IMO.

www.exopolitics.org...

In 1953 Astronomers discovered large objects in space which were moving toward the Earth. It was first believed that they were asteroids. Later evidence proved that the objects could only be Spaceships. Project Sigma intercepted alien radio communications. When the objects reached the Earth they took up a very high orbit around the Equator. There were several huge ships, and their actual intent was unknown. Project Sigma, and a new project, Plato, through radio communications using the computer binary language, was able to arrange a landing that resulted in face to face contact with alien beings from another planet. Project Plato was tasked with establishing diplomatic relations with this race of space aliens. In the meantime a race of human looking aliens contacted the U.S. Government. This alien group warned us against the aliens that were orbiting the Equator and offered to help us with our spiritual development. They demanded that we dismantle and destroy our nuclear weapons as the major condition. They refused to exchange technology citing that we were spiritually unable to handle the technology which we then possessed. They believed that we would use any new technology to destroy each other. This race stated that we were on a path of self destruction and we must stop killing each other, stop polluting the Earth, stop raping the Earth's natural resources, and learn to live in harmony. These terms were met with extreme suspicion, especially the major condition of nuclear disarmament. It was believed that meeting that condition would leave us helpless in the face of an obvious alien threat. We also had nothing in history to help with the decision. Nuclear disarmament was not considered to be within the best interest of the United States. The overtures were rejected.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Because they obviously don't care about being observed or are confident we can't stop them, that is, if they are really here.

If they are here they would either; remain hidden or make their presence known to us.

Or they could continue their work, whatever it is, and ignoring what we think or what we want. They don't care if they're openly seen, and somtimes play around with our jets, as it seems.

ET had tried, without success, to discourage the U.S. from exploding nuclear weapons in our atmosphere.

What interests do these "aliens" have with our bombs? surely icbm's aren't a threat to their ships..

And if there is a higher inteligence trying to study us, I don't see why they would want to "Contact" us. I mean, I use to own an "Ant farm" as a child. I watched them for years. I must admit however, I did not try to

We know nothing about their intellect. They may not be the superbrains we imagine them to be.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I've made a personal journey from believer to skeptic: when I was a kid I really believed that we were being visited and I had little doubt that most of the UFOs were alien spacecrafts. I have read tons of books about the subject, I have read so many websites, watched the sky so many times (and I have seen...strange things, but nothing that can be considered solid proof), studied so many cases.
And, after all this years, after hearing and reading an incredible amount of theories (some really stupid and some not) I still have not seen any real, solid evidence.
Maybe some government, some dark agency, someone has this proof; but, if someone does, it's doing a very good job keeping it secret.
I really want to believe; I really want to, someday, see with my own eyes the aliens coming; I love to think that these strange moving lights in the sky are their ships...but my faith grows weaker.
If they are really here it would be enough to fly over some major cities for some time, they don't even need to land.
And they could do it anywhere: there are hundreds of countries, thousands of great urban concentrations, billions of people...
Government can keep some things secret, but for a time; if they were really here and wanted us to know, it would be really, really easy. I only ask for a small proof, but an undeniable one.

I have no doutb that, out there, there's someone else. But with every passing day I find more and more difficult to believe that we are being visited. I really wish to be wrong.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join