It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BUSH....when is he gonna leave gosh

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I hate bush, and i am sure that he had something to do with that, not because of the fact that i hate him but because i know that there were bombs inside, someone from the inside was helping the terrorist.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Hmm, how about when the term he was elected to is over?

January 20th 2009 at 12 noon -- mark it on your calendar.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
My main question about Bush is not whether he knew anything, he probably did, but how much. While I certainly think that Bush might have known that something was going to occur on 9/11, I am not certain that he knew any specific.

What few seem to realize about the president is that his power is rather minimal. I view the president as little more than a figure head of something far larger and sinister than a president could ever be. This president orany other within the last 100 years has been and is nothing more than a puppet and scapegoat for much worse individuals.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Hmm, how about when the term he was elected to is over?

January 20th 2009 at 12 noon -- mark it on your calendar.

Too Funny! I thought I was the only one keeping track of that date - and time! Can't wait, can't wait! I have to say that I have never been so dissapointed in a President!

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I don't understand why you are asking when he'll leave. He'll leave when his term is over, or if he dies in office from the 20 year curse. I don't think he'll be impeached and kicked out. There really isn't enough time or motion in that direction to make that happen.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
You are not the only one wanting to get rid of Bush. Terrorists worldwide can't wait either!

Terrorist are just biding their time until we get a weak Democrat elected President. Why do you think Terrorists campained so hard for Democrats in 2006?

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
the only time bush is gonna leave is when the job is done or when he gets fired.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
You are not the only one wanting to get rid of Bush. Terrorists worldwide can't wait either!

Terrorist are just biding their time until we get a weak Democrat elected President. Why do you think Terrorists campained so hard for Democrats in 2006?

Was this in the Short Stories fiction department at some point before it was moved here to rants?

Campaigning terrorists? What did they look like? Did one knock on my door? Are you one? OMG, it could be anyone!

:shk:

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
My main question about Bush is not whether he knew anything, he probably did, but how much. While I certainly think that Bush might have known that something was going to occur on 9/11, I am not certain that he knew any specific.

One thing that sticks out about the whole ' knew it was coming ' idea, is the martial law that was enforced on florida in the days before 911

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Florida Governor Jeb Bush signed Executive Order 01-261 September 7, 2001, four days before the WTC tragedy of Sept. 11, which paves the way for a declaration of martial law in his state. The governor, in his EO, delegated to, “...the Adjutant General of the state of Florida all necessary authority....to order members of the Florida National Guard into Active Service.”

proliberty.com...

This says to me, 911 was known. They were aware of the hijacking plot, but wernt 100% CERTAIN they knew everything.
so they declare martial law around the president incase they missed something....
If the president was knocked off, the investigation would of become something completely different.
With the president still around, he calls the shots.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
With the president still around, he calls the shots.

Not to be condescending, but apparently you haven't studied civics. The legislative branch of government is where the real power lies, not the executive.

The Legislative Branch: Making Laws to Protect Us

The legislative branch of our government is represented by Congress, which includes two parts: the House of Representatives, whose 435 members are elected according to the population of each state, and the Senate, which consists of two members from each state. Congress meets in Washington, DC, and both branches study bills which will become future laws, and problems which affect our nation. The House of Representatives includes the Speaker of the House (the head of the majority party) who becomes president if both the president and vice-president die or become incapacitated. Representatives are elected for two year terms.

In the senate, members are elected for terms of six years. The senators help create and pass laws, and also interview candidates that the president elects for certain offices (such as Supreme Court justices). It can also ratify treaties the president makes (with a 2/3 majority).

Introducing and passing legislation is an important function of both the House and the senate. New proposals for laws (called bills before they become law) are assigned numbers, are studied and reported on by committees, and eventually based on the committee recommendations, are voted on. Finally, if passed, the president signs them into law.

Civics Lesson

Role of President,or executive branch

The Role of the President
The president has many important roles in the government of one of the largest and most powerful nations in the world. The Constitution states that the role of the president is to "take care that the laws be faithfully executed" (which is why this branch of government is known as the executive branch).

The President has certain powers that include proposing legislation to Congress in his annual address to the nation and during special addresses to Congress. He can also call special sessions of Congress if Congress adjourns before voting on important legislation that he proposes, and can veto bills that Congress passes (but Congress can overrule his veto with a 2/3 vote).

The president's job also includes appointing people to federal positions, including his cabinet members, the heads of federal departments, and justices of the Supreme Court. These appointees must be confirmed by the Senate. He appoints ambassadors, ministers and consuls to foreign countries, and represents our country in relationships with other nations. And along with the State Department, the president is responsible for the welfare of Americans abroad in other countries, and of foreign nationals in the United States.

The President is also Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces (but he can't declare war, only Congress can do that). As commander-in-chief he can call into federal service the state units of the National Guard, and during times of war or emergencies that affect our nation, Congress can grant the president increased powers to help protect national security. He can make treaties with other countries (that the Senate must ratify with a 2/3 vote). And only the president can authorize the use of nuclear weapons.

The president can grant a full or conditional pardon to a person who has broken a federal law, and the president has the power to shorten prison terms and reduce fines for people convicted of federal crimes.
Civics Lesson

As was stated, the President can "propose a law" but ultimately it is the decision of congress, the legislative branch, as to what laws are made and enforced.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Yeah, I get what ya saying.
Prolly worded it wrong.

IF the president had of been taken out in an attack on 911,
A strong voice for a major investigation would of come forward, and it would of worked, being the president had just been assinated.

But being the president hadnt been assinated,
he was able to propose his plans, and start the ground work for Iraq, which congress DO decide the course on, but ultimately its the president who suggests that couse to be debated on.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
okay so im probly beingreal stupid but can bush changeany law during marshals law?

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Here is the standards for martial law in the United States

[The martial law concept in the U.S. is closely tied with the Writ of habeas corpus, which is in essence the right to a hearing on lawful imprisonment, or more broadly, the supervision of law enforcement by the judiciary. The ability to suspend habeas corpus is often equated with martial law. Article 1, Section 9 of the U.S. Constitution states, "The privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion; the public Safety may require it."

In United States law, martial law is limited by several court decisions that were handed down between the American Civil War and World War II. In Ex parte Milligan 71 US 2 1866, the Supreme Court of the United States held that martial law could not be instituted within the United States when its civilian courts are in operation. In 1878, Congress passed the Posse Comitatus Act, which forbids military involvement in domestic law enforcement without congressional approval. The National Guard is an exception, since unless federalized, they are under the control of state governors. [5]

This has now changed. Public Law 109-364, or the "John Warner Defense Authorization Act of 2007" (H.R.5122), was signed by President Bush on October 17th, 2006, and allows the President to declare a "public emergency" and station troops anywhere in America and take control of state-based National Guard units without the consent of the governor or local authorities. Title V, Subtitle B, Part II, Section 525(a) of the JWDAA of 2007 reads "The [military] Secretary [of the Army, Navy or Air Force] concerned may order a member of a reserve component under the Secretary's jurisdiction to active duty...The training or duty ordered to be performed...may include...support of operations or missions undertaken by the member's unit at the request of the President or Secretary of Defense."
Martial Law

[edit on 25-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The guy should be fired... Impeached... Oh wait, I must be a terrorist because I don't like a republican with a sub 110 IQ.

That logic will get you far down the path of denial.

Have fun with it.

The other thing that sucks is democrats are worthless too. Not quite as worthless, I'd say, but I can't let them off the hook and I don't think that the strings are going to be pulled by someone new 'cause there is a dem in office. its the same garbage, different name.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
heheh thankies much for the ML page still dun like it or the draft or bush for that matter
oh btw again stupid here can you really be put in jail for avoiding the draft?

[edit on ampFri, 29 Dec 2006 00:10:19 -0600/02/91 by adamiskthespacepirateking]

new topics

top topics

join