It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester City: Pearce gets City job

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Manchester City have confirmed Stuart Pearce as the club's new manager by handing him a two-year contract. The former Nottingham Forest defender has had an immediate impact since replacing Kevin Keegan at the helm, and has taken the club to the brink of European football. Pearce was awarded the Barclays Manager of the Month award for April after a run of seven games unbeaten for City. Fans have been calling for the club's board to appoint Pearce as the permanent boss and they have duly obliged before the final game of the season.

Rest of story

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Always going to happen, just think TRD if we had ket him at West Ham he could have been the new boss............

TRD

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Yep, i can't understand why they let him go to be honest. He just wanted one more year to finish his career and they wouldn't give it to him. And what a great manager he will be, he has the right commitment and knowledge to make a decent manager...

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
i think he will be a good manager, and the change at city now, its easy too seee.

compared to keegan, the players will be scared to mess with pearce

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:49 AM
link   
He was still doing the job as well, they didn't want him on the coaching staff for some reason.

TRD

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Thats a bit odd, wasn't it Redknapp who was the manager when Pearce was there?

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Think it was Roeder at the end?

TRD

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Yea i think it was, he had a clearout of some good players when he started and signed some right duffers...

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
was it Roeder who got rid of pearce then? lol

top topics

join