It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liverpool: Gerrard sets high aims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
liverpool midfielder stevie gerrard want to finish higher than 4th

Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard has set his sights on finishing higher than fourth.

The Reds are currently sitting in eighth spot 13 points behind leaders Chelsea.

Rafa Benitez has seen his plans decimated by a crippling injury list, but Gerrard does not want to use any excuses if they fail to perform this season.

link

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
i think there is a chance they can nab 4th position. i think 3rd though is out of the window for them

it shows ambition yer. i think they would be happy with 4th. they have improved under benitez too i think.

TRD

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I think they will be real lucky to finish 4th.

You have Chelsea and Arsenal for starters. man United is creeping up and they are showing they are still in the hunt.

Everton and Middlesborugh are doing pretty good and Newcastle have yet to hit top form.

Thats 6 teams that could easily finish above them...

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
young spanish midfielder admimts they are a new team and that stevie gerrard is class

"One player who has surprised me is my team-mate Steven Gerrard," said Alonso."He is a great midfielder with a lot of strength.

"Of course he is our captain and he is a very important player in the squad and I hope it does not happen that he may leave, but in football you can expect anything in it."

"We know that we have started a new project here with a new manager and new players," added Alonso.

"I think the squad, the manager and staff is very exciting, the supporters are very excited and we know day by day we will improve and I hope in some months and some years we can do good things and win some titles."

*link aint working*

[Edited on 12/13/04 by rynaldo82]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
nah, we're going to win the league.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
yer, arsenal, man utd and chelsea will be the top 3.

i think its then everton and middlesbrough, then liverpool. i think liverpool can hit 4th. depends how bad the injuries to a few key players affects them.

but i cant see them doint a 3rd

TRD

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
nah, we're going to win the league.

I could see it happening in maybe 2 years all depends on who they sign...

Don't forget Tottenham, they are in the mix now and are banging in the goals. They also have 10 million to spend in the January sales..

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
yer, that was some result they got against everton, who have been doing so well. spurs with there size, should do better than they do most of the time.

but liverpool, if they can get 4th, i think they can build on it

top topics

join