It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh Look. Tape and attack.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Well would you look at this. A new Osama tape was JUST released and there is an explosion on a russian subway train.

Children, please don't flame me to fast as this story is JUST breaking and I may be misimformed on some of the facts.

Anyway we'll see how this turns out. Don't forget there is also "credible" threats about pending attacks in Saudi Arabia right now.....

www.msnbc.com...
---------------------------------------------------------------------

4 December 2003-- Analysts are presently reviewing the just released videotape purportedly from al Qaeda that shows terrorists training in Saudi Arabia. The video was posted earlier today, and since that time analysts have been working to determine whether the release of this tape has been purposely timed to coincide with planned or anticipated events. We are also attempting to determine whether there is more to this video than is being reported. Preliminary findings suggest that to be the case.

On 30 November 2003, we posted our findings that an audio message was likely in the hands of at least two foreign media outlets, although its release was being deliberately withheld. Today's video contains the voice-over of terrorist Abdel al-Otaibi, (killed by Saudi authorities) saying: "I strongly encouraged young Muslims to join the jihad for Allah's sake to protect our land and to drive Christians and Jews out of Muslim countries."

It is possible that the timing of this release, and the likelihood that there is more to this video that extends beyond its obvious content, is cause for concern. There seems to be a disparity between what is being released to news outlets and our informational finds with respect to this tape. Accordingly, the Northeast Intelligence Network is advising of the increased possibility of a planned, coordinated attack against our military assets in Iraq, Afghanistan, and all western civilian targets in the Middle East, North Africa and in other known hot-spots.

Additionally and based on communications related to this tape, our advisory also extends to targets within the US, including but not limited to commercial aircraft and seaports. Cities of known interest to terrorists such as New York, Washington DC, and all port cities should be extra vigilant. Law Enforcement and security officials are urged to check the identification and credentials of all personnel involved in making deliveries, and to be especially watchful for anyone in uniform who appears to be acting suspiciously or is seemingly "out-of-place." More to follow as information is developed.

[Edited on 5-12-2003 by BeHeadR]

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 01:06 AM
link   
click reuters

Commuter Train Bomb Near Chechnya Kills 15
Fri December 5, 2003 01:23 AM ET

MOSCOW (Reuters) - An explosion ripped through an inter-city commuter train near Russia's rebel Chechnya on Friday, killing at least 15 people in what the Emergencies Ministry called a "terrorist act."

--------------------------------------------------

personally i dont think theyre connected. but you never know.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The attack.

Unfortunately, terrorism isn't unusual in Chechnya.
But, jesus, the bomb tore a train car in two...it's real fortunate that more people didn't die.
Al Qaeda & Chechnya have been linked before. It may happen again.

-B.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Like I said, when I started this topic it was just breaking.

Death toll now up to 41 and Putin has said it is a "Terrorist attack".

edition.cnn.com...

Plust a little more on the new tape:
www.cnn.com...

[Edited on 5-12-2003 by BeHeadR]

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
These wackos are so desparate to win that they will attack anyone right now.

Poor Chechyna! like they need more attacks from the likes of Al Qaeda.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   
....is Chechnya & Russia...nothing more.
The Russians have moved to exterminate these folks, been doing it for years. That the world, and the US in particular, has not come down hard on them, is to all of our shame.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I used to sympathize with the Chechnyans, but after I learned they were kidnapping Red Cross workers, and doctors form Doctors without Borders, holding them for ransom, and sometimes even killing them, my support faded real fast.

Bombing of legitimate military targets, no problem.

Bombing of civilians, no sympathy whatsoever, no matter what point or agenda the perpetrators are trying to get across.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Well the obvious has not been said about Chechyna,

the Islamic force that fights within to keep that country in the stone age.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Well the obvious has not been said about Chechyna,

the Islamic force that fights within to keep that country in the stone age.

True dat!!

new topics

top topics

join