It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea: Chelsea to train on xmas day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Jose Mourinho says the team will be training on xmas day to prepare for boxing days match

He said: "Families are more important than football but the players will be training on December 24 and 25, and we play on Boxing Day.

"We look for responsibility with their ambition. Our families will suffer a little for the consequences of that, but we are all doing it for our professional ambitions.

"For the foreign players it is even more difficult than for the English ones because they cannot have Christmas in their own country, often they are without family here and they deserve respect. They are so committed."

link

TRD

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Whoah you would think they would get a day off, i bet some of them are a bit pissed....

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
yer. and they always start early for training, and its at the early morning especially with family when you get up in the morning open presents etc.

you feel sorry for the dads in there, but i guess it shows mourinho's dedication to the team.

and hey, will make them even hungrier for there xmas meal lol

TRD

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Man i don't think i couldn't be around on Christmas morning when my kids are opening their presents. This year i went a bit over the top with the presents and bought tons buy hey who cares it Christmas and i usually spend all my money on the kids anyway!

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Well if he's willing to turn up then the players should be, although me myself I probably just wouldn't turn up hehe. I think that would mean a long run out of the team though.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
i guess another thing might be, he trains with the team 2day (xmas eve) and then has the team in his mind for the boxing day match, but a few of the key players eat too much turkey and get stuffed. and cant run around the next day lol. she hes stoped that lol

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
looks like it worked after they got a good victory of aston villa, who have been really good

top topics

join