It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackburn Rovers: Rovers want Benni

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Blackburn Rovers have confirmed their interest in South African star Benni McCarthy.

The Porto striker recently admitted that he was very happy with life in Portugal, but a summer move is looking a distinct possibility.

The likes of Bolton, Newcastle, Tottenham and Chelsea have been strongly linked in recent months, but Rovers boss Mark Hughes looks to have moved to the front of the queue.

source

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
would be a good signing as the guy does have talent, i dunno how he would fit into the blackburn team though, with them being mostly work rate, he aint like that and can be lazy.

chelsea must have lost intrest in him

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Play someone quick alongside him and there's the answer, as long as he scores 15 goals I don't they would mind too much.

TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I think they have dropped the interest in him now.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
No still alive, they are looking at Cole as well for around 800k, Fulham want to top a 1m so it could drag on a bit.

[Edited on 6/16/2005 by TeflonDon]

[Edited on 6/16/2005 by TeflonDon]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Cole to go back to Rovers? i dunno, he liked it there until his fallout with Souness. he can still do a job and he proved that at fulham, he scored goals and with Benni, who has skill. it would be a pretty decent strikeforce

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The Cole move looks definate, agreed a fee of 750k.

top topics

join