It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackburn Rovers: yorke to celtic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
heres a story about yorke perhaps going to celtic, i dont know about this one as we got camara as a striker, a defender (left back) is supposed to be priority

Celtic have revealed they are holding talks with Blackburn Rovers striker Dwight Yorke.

The Scottish Premier League leaders are hoping to lure the former Trinidad & Tobago international to Parkhead to link up with recent recruit Juninho

link

TRD

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I wouldn't buy him to be honest. I think he is past his prime and comes with a bit of baggage as he thinks he is a bit of a playboy.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
yip i agree, he has went down hill of recent, aint seen him doing much ever since he appeared in the paper with Jordan about a kid or something.

shame though, the cole and yorke combo where great, especially at man utd

aint heard any more on this yet

TRD

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Yeah him and Jordan had a kid and it was partially blind. He didn't want to know and when he decided he did it was a bit too late.

Yep Cole and Yorke for the couple of seasons at Man U really hit it off. They formed a great partnership, shame they never did it at blackburn.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
birmingham look set to get yorke while jay bootyrod (sp?) signs in at blackburn

Blackburn Rovers have swooped to sign Jay Bothroyd from Italian club Perugia.

The Lancashire side have moved for the former Coventry star after they agreed to let Dwight Yorke leave the club.

link

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
there was also a story about julian arca coming to celtic but i aint heard more on that, think we learned our lesson after we took micheal gray for a bit on loan last season and he was awful in europe from sunderland

TRD

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Hrmm i dunno, maybe Gray never fitted in up there. What i can remember of him he was quite a good player.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
remember steve guppy joined up with o'neill, i think gray was get him in and i think he similar to guppy and i think at the time we where short at the back, would have to ask som1

but there was a game in europe, he got subbed, a winger gave him a torrid time and i think that ended his chances

i think he got capped by england though at one point

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
yorke goes to birmingham instead

Scottish champions Celtic have stated that Dwight Yorke has signed for Birmingham after rejecting the chance to sign for them.

The Trinidad & Tobago international was locked in talks with Celtic, but Birmingham came in with a late offer to try and scupper the move.

skysports.planetfootball.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">link

top topics

join