It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Reyes worries

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Real Madrid have reportedly stepped up their pursuit of Arsenal attacker Jose Antonio Reyes. The Spain international appears to be a prime summer target for Real, who look poised to endure a second successive season without a major trophy. Reyes has been pinpointed as a player who could help to bring silverware back to El Santiago Bernabeu and rumours claim Real have been in contact with The Gunners. The club's sporting director Emilio Butragueno is purported to have contacted Arsenal vice-chairman David Dein over the weekend.

LINK

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Reyes and 8m for Owen is the story going around..........

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
i hope reyes stays, i think he looks a really good player and has been class on several occasions.

arsenal do have a system which makes use of fast players so i reckon owen will fit right in.

would owen want to give up in spain? stick it for another year possilby i reckon.

the deal is a good one, player exchange and money, i think its up to the two players at the end of the day

TRD

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I don't think Owen wants to come back. He has said time and time again he isn't leaving but he might not have much choice if Real don't want him...

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:02 AM
link   
They want Reyes more than they want to keep Owen.
I just don't think it's good business on Arsenals part.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
i dont think owen will want to chuck it in spain just yet, and yip. they seem to want reyes more than keeping owen.

i think arsenal dont need the money, they have 20dd million to spend for this summer

i think if real do make a move, reyes will go cos he aint going to turn down real madrid.

but, real are sure to make at least one major transfer this summer, they need something big and well, am sure there is going to be others on that list

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   
If Reyes want's to go they will have to sell him, that's they way football is today. Same for Owen if they don't want him then he goes.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
this is what the player has been saying, to me hes putting the onus on the club to decide, i think its a smart move what hes said to be honest. i am happy but the reality is, he aint saying he wants to move cos the club is the one who is going to sort that out

"Arsenal's fans have given me and the rest of the team fantastic support this season and I want to thank them for that," said Reyes.

"It's very important for me to play well for them in the cup final, and in the future, to repay that support.

"I have still enjoyed my first season in The Premiership.

"I have learned a lot about my own game and I now understand a different style of football as well as a whole new culture.

"Some people are saying that this might be my last match for Arsenal but I don't expect that to be the case.

"I have a contract with Arsenal so the club are the only people who can decide my future."

link

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   
If he says he wants to go he will lose out on millions because he has made the request.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join