It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newcastle United: Newcastle want ex Distin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
manager graeme souness is supposivley after slyvian distan, who at one point played for the club

The Magpies are thought to be lining up a �4.5 million bid for Distin, hoping that the figure could tempt the cash-strapped club into parting with their captain.

Meanwhile, Souness has warned he could make sweeping changes to his squad.

"There are players here who are not good enough and I'll get rid of them," he warned.

"Since I've been here, the vast majority of the players have given me everything.

"I think it's important that everyone rows in the right direction.

"I know I would not be in this job if everything in the garden was rosy."

link

*talk about being daft, i did the url bit and then quoted first time around so it didnt show right lol*

[Edited on 12/26/04 by rynaldo82]

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
well, souness has confirmed this story

"I think it is public knowledge now that we have made an enquiry about Sylvain Distin and hopefully I can confirm that without upsetting Kevin Keegan," said Souness.

Newcastle are thought to have offered �5 million for City skipper Distin, however, City boss Keegan has insisted that the French stopper is not for sale.

"Distin is not for sale and we are interested in selling him," said Keegan.

Souness is confident that he change the club's fortunes with his reshaping of the squad in January.

"We are actively looking to improve the squad, and as I said I think there are exciting times ahead," added Souness.

"We're not to far away from getting it right, we already have some talented players here and with some new additions, I think we can look forward to moving up the table in the New Year."

dont sound like keegan wants to him go though

TRD

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Looks like he is trying to shore up the defence. I think they are good going forward and if they do manage to get Distin then there back 4 will be pretty usefull...

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
yer, but wasnt distin a dud at newcasle last time around, wonder if man city will let him go

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
[qoute]Manchester City defender Sylvain Distin has admitted he is flattered to be linked with a move to Newcastle.

Newcastle boss Graeme Souness is keen on bringing Distin back to St James' Park as he continues his rebuilding plans at the club.

Distin enjoyed a successful loan spell at Newcastle during the 2001/2002 season before moving to City and Souness wants to bring him back and team him up with new signing Jean-Alain Boumsong in a new central defensive pairing.

City have already rejected one bid from Newcastle for Distin, but reports suggest they are ready to table a new improved offer this week to try and lure him to Tyneside.

The French defender admits he is happy at City, but concedes he would be interested in a move to Newcastle if City were willing to sell him.

"I didn't get any direct contact," revealed Distin.

"I am fine at City where the club is starting to stabilize.

"Newcastle would be an attractive challenge. I know that the team is rebuilding a defence. But firstly, I have to get my club's consent before starting to think about it."[/qoute]

sky sports

TRD

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I dunno what they are prepared to pay or have offered but i wouldn't go too high....

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
i dont see why city would want to sell him, but i guess, they are short of money after keegan spent it all hehe. along with the new stadium.

i can only see him being a couple of million tops

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
i read souness is going to offer bellamy to man city in return for dystin, and move for the yack as he will have a striker spot availabe

TRD

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Didn't hear that one rynaldo but it looks like they are going to match the valuation of 7million. So we will see if Man City want to keep him...

new topics

top topics

join