It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Celtic news thread

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Celtic starlet Aidan McGeady has backed Martin O'Neill's plans to overhaul the squad next season.

The Republic of Ireland international, who has broken into the side next season, believes the squad needs strengthening if they are to challenge in Europe next season.

"It looks like there will be changes during the summer and I think everyone would say that they're needed," said McGeady.

link

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Spanish media sources claim Espanyol goalkeeper Erwin Lemmens is on the verge of signing for Celtic.

The Belgian international will become a free agent at the end of June having not been offered a new deal by the Catalans.

He has been linked with a switch to Malaga, but Radio Catalunya report he is now all but certain to move to Parkhead.

link

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
hopefully this keeper is good, i dont know him and he aint a big name spain player.

at parkhead we have 2 duds, douglas and hedman. hedman has split with his wife so maybe a change of scenary will do him good.

douglas has been linked with leicester

marshall is good though, but hes still really young, i think competition and a older figure wil help him out too

if hes good, i hope it happens

TRD

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Celtic manager Martin O'Neill will stand down next week to make way for Gordon Strachan, reports on Sunday claimed.

But O'Neill refused to answer questions on his future on Sunday night, having watched his side throw away the Bank of Scotland Premier League championship at Fir Park.

LINK

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
yer, that has been said once before, his wife is pretty ill. he is wanting to stand down for at least one season.

we are linked with Co Adriannse too

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Neil Lennon has dropped his biggest hint yet that he is willing to finish his career at Celtic.

The combative midfielder is out of contract in the summer and had been expected to lead an exodus of stars out of Celtic Park, following Martin O'Neill's decision to quit the Glasgow giants.

Several Premiership clubs had been thought to be weighing up a move for the economical passer but it now appears he could be ready to ink fresh terms at Celtic.

skysports.planetfootball.com...

[Edited on 5/28/05 by rynaldo82]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
what a babe!

damn! shes went missing lol

[Edited on 6/4/05 by rynaldo82]

TRD

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Hehe yea she is pretty hot!

Konchesky to Celtic?

Celtic are reportedly eyeing a move for Charlton Athletic's Paul Konchesky, as new manager Gordon Strachan looks to stamp his own image on the squad. The Scottish tactician has identified the 24-year-old as a candidate to fill in at left-back at Celtic Park, with reports in England suggesting that Addicks boss Alan Curbishley would be willing to let Konchesky go for around 1 million.

LINK

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
hehe. i aint sure about him, does he merit a first team game at the valley?

aswell as him, we are being linked with Andy O'Brien at newcastle for 2 million

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Celtic midfielder Neil Lennon claims he is ready to sign a new contract at Parkhead following the appointment of Gordon Strachan as manager.

The 33-year-old's current contract is due to expire in the coming weeks and he had been linked with a move from Glasgow.

Bolton boss Sam Allardyce made clear his desire to land the former Leicester man who moved to Celtic to be reunited with Martin O'Neill in December 2000.

source

TRD

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Celtic defender Bobo Balde is set to meet new manager Gordon Strachan to sort his future at the club. The Guinea centre-back had appeared to be on his way out of Celtic Park with Bayern Munich expressing their interest. But Hoops boss Strachan claimed the 29-year-old "must have a fear of leaving Celtic" when he was unveiled as new manager on Tuesday. But Balde's adviser, Michael Oliver, insists the former Toulouse defender wants to discuss his future at the club with Strachan as soon as possible.

LINK

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
i hope he stays rather than us buying andy o'brien from the toon army. Lennon got a 1 year deal, i aint sure if Bobbo will stay as the way hes been talking is, am off.

TRD

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I read today that Henchoz is leaving..

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
yer, he cant get a game cos hes crap. hes slow and he did play once and he cost us the match i think,

i dont know why we got him in the first place, celtic supporters where laughing cos he was linked with rangers cos hes shyte and then he signed for celtic lol

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
he werent that good a keeper, hes a nice guy though

Leicester have completed the signing of Scotland international goalkeeper Rab Douglas from Celtic on a free transfer.

The 33-year-old has penned a three-year deal at the Walkers Stadium, to the delight of manager Craig Levein.

"Rab is an international goalkeeper who has played many games in high pressure situations in front of massive crowds," the Foxes boss told their website.

source

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Stephane Henchoz's agent has confirmed the Swiss defender has joined the list of players leaving Celtic.

The 30-year-old international left Liverpool and agreed a short-term move to Celtic Park in January but failed to make an impact in Glasgow.

"Celtic have not been in touch so he will be leaving for sure," said agent Jorg Vonmatt.

source

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
hes going to leave i think

Celtic defender Ulrik Laursen has revealed that Leicester City have made new inquiries about his availability.

The Dane was not a regular under Martin O'Neill and is waiting to hear whether he has a future now that Gordon Strachan has become Celtic manager.

"I know Leicester have inquired about me," Laursen told Danish newspaper BT. "It does not sound uninteresting; they were interested in me back in January.

[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/4606699.stm[/url]

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Southampton chairman Rupert Lowe has moved to quash rumours of a Celtic bid for striker Kevin Phillips.

Celtic manager Gordon Strachan signed Phillips for £3.25m when in charge of Southampton and has been linked with another move for the player.

"I have read the rumours but we have not received any formal offer for Kevin Phillips," Lowe told the club website.

source

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Bellamy is supposed to be ready to Commit to Celtic, i dont think hes recieved any solid bids and he aint going back to newcaslte and is droping hints hes staying,

that will be good as hes a goal machine in scotland hehe

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Ambitious Bundesliga outfit Schalke have revealed they would like to bring Celtic defender Bobo Balde to Gelsenkirchen.

Balde's future at Celtic looks uncertain with the giant defender reported to have a clause in his contract allowing him to leave Parkhead on a free transfer.

Royal Blues boss Ralf Rangnick is looking for a right-sided defender to replace Niels Oude Kamphuis who left the Arena AufSchalke for Borussia Monchengladbach at the end of the season and it would appear that the Guinean international is high on the club’s shopping list.

source

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join