It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Celtic news thread

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Club Brugge have joined the chase to sign Celtic defender Joos Valgaeren.

The Belgian international's future at Celtic remains uncertain with his current contract due to expire at the end of the month.

A number of clubs including Cologne, Arminia Bielefeld, Portsmouth and Norwich have been linked with Valgaeren, but Brugge are hoping to lure him back to Belgium.

source

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Veteran midfielder Neil Lennon has agreed a new contract to stay at Celtic.

Lennon had been considering his future with his present deal due to expire at the end of the month.

He had attracted interest from The Premiership and also from clubs on the continent as he mulled over his future.

source

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I guess its an ok deal, in one season you cant bring in 11 new players and get rid of all the ones you already have. A few players have left and more to follow. In Lennon's position, we have nobody else who can play there which is a worry.

He can cut it for Celtic though in the league we are in, hes getting old but he does his job well. I think this will be his final year!

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Poland striker Maciej Zurawski says he will have talks with Celtic on Monday about a possible move to Scotland.

The 28-year-old Wisla Krakow forward could be about to become new Bhoys boss Gordon Strachan's first signing.

Strachan has reportedly watched Zurawski and another Polish star, Legia Warsaw goalkeeper Artur Boruc.

source

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
i have heard the link about the keeper, its well known we want one as Hedman look set to leave and Douglas has left.

I had hoped it would be anti Neimi but hes been quoted at 2 million, so it looks like its not going to happen.

Looking at the striker, does that mean we aint getting Keane and that Bellamy is off? we already have Hartson, Sutton and Beattie upfront, if we signed him i would say we arent getting Bellamy. Who i would keep cos with him in the team, we have the best player in scotland by a mile!

i dont really know the Polish players so they might be gems waiting to be unearthed

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Mo Camara had talks with Celtic on Tuesday ahead of a probable move to Parkhead.

The defender, who left Burnley at the end of the season, had been concerned that Martin O'Neill's departure would scupper a dream switch to Glasgow.

However, new manager Gordon Strachan has been working closely with O'Neill in identifying transfer targets and the 29-year-old is still wanted by the current regime.

skysports.planetfootball.com...

TRD

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Claus Lundekvam? Looks like he wants to join Celtic... He was a fav when Strachan was at Southampton...

TRD

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Celtic are trying to scupper West Bromwich Albion's bid to sign Liverpool goalkeeper Chris Kirkland.

The England hopeful is poised to spend a season away from Anfield on loan and has West Brom and Celtic chasing his services. The Baggies have been in pole position to sign the 24-year-old but there has been a late declaration of interest from north of the border. Bhoys boss Gordon Strachan handed Kirkland his professional debut while at Coventry City and is keen to work with the shot-stopper again.

LINK

TRD

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Jeremie Aliadiere has revealed the prospect of Champions League football prompted him to choose Celtic for his loan spell from Arsenal. The 22-year-old striker is set to link up with the Hoops on a year-long deal to provide him with first-team action. Now the Gunners forward admits he would even relish the chance to play against Arsene Wenger's team.

LINK

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Everton are supposed to be sniffing around for Chris Sutton, i think hes been out injured and Maloney has been in great form up front, doing well with Hartson upfront. Sutton though has bee great for us, works his socks off and scores important goals! i hope he stays as he can do defence, midfield and a striker.

We are supposed to be interested in Kilbane for the summer too? not sure if that will work out

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Well thats Sutton off, a free transfer to Everton. I think he was on about 30k a week so thats a fair bit money saved and his deal ran out in the summer. I dont think he featured in Stachans plans and was supposed to have made up his mind about going when he didnt play against Inverness.

But hey, him getting a move to Birmingham aint bad, they are half decent. I thought he would have joined a Championship team

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Have never heard of the guy, but i think Strachan summed it up good. He might be good and it costs nothing to have a look at him, although not getting a game for Lecce and turning into a parkhead start sounds highly unlikely

Celtic have invited Finnish international Alexei Eremenko Jnr for a trial at Parkhead.

The Bhoys have been alerted to the midfielder's availability as he is well down the pecking order at Lecce.

Eremenko Jnr is keen to move on and he is expected to join up with Celtic next week to train with the first team.

source

TRD

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I was looking back at the Stephane Henchoz's post, and you said good riddance Rynaldo. I must say that he has been in pretty good form for Wigan since he went lol..

TRD

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Celtic have completed the signing of Mark Wilson from Dundee United for £500,000.

The 21-year-old has signed a four-and-a-half year contract with the Parkhead outfit and could make his debut in the game at Motherwell at the weekend. Gordon Strachan has swooped for the defender in a bid to increase his options at the back and maintain a commanding lead at the top of the SPL table.

Skysports

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
I was looking back at the Stephane Henchoz's post, and you said good riddance Rynaldo. I must say that he has been in pretty good form for Wigan since he went lol..

i know what you mean, hes been alright for Wigan but they have that guy Chinbonda? i think its like at Liverpool, when it was Hyppia, cos Henchoz has a good partner in defence hes looking better than he is. The other bit to it is, at Celtic you could see he was unhappy, wasnt settled but at Wigan, he looks happy. I guess thats part of it too

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
jeeze! digging into the cobwebs of Sportz tawk and look what i discovered, the league was won several weeks ago and we won the crappy scotish cup too

So no matter what now, we will be in Europe next season and when you look at the team, its quite poor. The only reason we won the league is cos Rangers are much worse than us and Hearts have changed manager about 4 times, and its like a circus there.

Petrov looks to be leaving in the summer, who is our best player and well, that will hurt, there is talk of Hartley moving to Celtic but i dunno if he will want to move. Hearts might win the league next year

Lennon is really old now, he might walk, and Keane is just an injury prone guy, though its quite funny to see him has the opposition teams are scared of him. Harton has said hes staying but when you think about it, we need to add good players to the team if we want to do anything in Europe

There is talk of Rangers getting 40 million to spend on players, it wont be that much, the reality is they may get 20 million for LeGuen to spend and i think he might be really good.

So lets hope Celtic get some money too to spend and bring in some quality, the reality of things is, if Petrov does leave whast the point in bringing someone else in whos not as good as him? it makes sense to buy someone better if we can, and that will cost over 3 million.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Celtic are set to sign Hibs starlet Derek Riordion on a a free next January.

He plays as a attacking winger and as a forward who plays off the main striker. Hes an alright player, not sensational but i guess Stachan wants a team who have some Scottish guys in the team.

Thats Kenny Miller, Caldwell from Hibs and now Riordion. The 3 of them are alright, but i wouldnt say much more about them other than that.

Riordion is young so maybe he has alot to offer the team in future, and it beats spending a couple of million on guys who wont try. Maybe the start of a good footballing side

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Thats big old Hartson announced he was leaving. I dont know the full extent of whats happened but basically he woke up one morning and read in the papers he was getting sold. He isnt going to get a new contract, which i think runs out at the end of next season and its a case of cashing in.

Rummer has it a team in the premiership is going to launch a 500k bid which is alright. Hes past his best, different team style now does not suit him as much either.

Learning your getting the boot basically from the papers though is a bit ofa bad one for him. He has tried at Celtic, especially in the season when we got to the UEFA cup final. His goal rate was around 105 goals in 200 games.

Strangely enough, the money we get for him might be getting used to snap up Gravensen from Madrid. He must be out of favour 'again' and he aint a world beater. Hes decent at the job he does, but is supposed to be looking for a move.

Makes you wonder though if thats true... cos surely you cant have him, Lennon and Keane in the same team!

Strangely enough, regarding Hartson i thought he would be leaving. Thats Riordion coming in, same with Kenny Miller. We have the polish guy, Beattie will be coming back and then there is Maloney

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 05:03 AM
link   
With Roy Keane retiring the Club are supposed to be making a £1 million bid for Jari Jarosik from Chelsea.

From what i have seen of the player i think hes good and if that is the price its good business as he cost Chelsea £3 million. As he never got a game at Chelsea which for alot of players would be a hard thing to do he spent his time in England out on loan at Birmingham. He scored a fair ammount of goals for them and as a midfielder thats a bonus.

The deal is supposed to be wrapped up at some point later in the week. I hope it happens but i wouldnt be suprised it someone else steps in and makes a bid!

The other player being linked to Celtic is Jimmy Floyd from Middlesbrough. This all depends on the John Hartson situation whos still not left the club though its on the cards. I would imagine if Jimmy Floyd signs he will be getting mega bucks but i believe hes a better goal scorer than Hartson.

TRD

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Jimmy Floyd is a great player and will do fantastic in the Scottish leagues..

Isn't Petrov meant to be leaving?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join