It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What religon are you?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I am Roman Catholic. At least I was raised that way. I wouldnt say that I follow any particular religion though now.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I am basically Christian.

I have been a member of the baptist, methodist, assembly of God, and I am now Catholic.

My belief has always been that it does not matter which
denomination you belong to within Christianity, with few exceptions.
However, I do also respect other non Christian religious faiths. I pay attention to the fact that most of them are really very similar especially Muslim Buddhism & christianity. My basic Precept is that there is 1 God, Whatever name you have for him. Each nationality is going to have its historical stories intertwined with it but it is basically the same..

As an example look at the ancient babylonians & their creation story involving MARDUK.

put that up against genesis in the bible & compare the similarities.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'm an atheist.
I don't need a religion to tell me how to live my life, I seek the right path using my own initiative.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Roman Catholic

always have always will

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I was a fully grown into a Catholic family.
But I have reverted to Islam and trying my hardest to follow it.

People think they know alot of #ed up Muslims, but you only know them when you get into Islam and you know the reason for it too.

I believe in the one True God

==Guerilla==

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I was raised Episcopal but Iam an atheist.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Well if anyone cares I'm Non-Denominational, lamer terms that means I go strictly by the Bible, not by man made religions

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by glan
Well if anyone cares I'm Non-Denominational, lamer terms that means I go strictly by the Bible, not by man made religions

I'm with glan. I spiritual beliefs are Christian, my doctrinal beliefs are protestant. I am non-denominational. I was raised Southern Baptist.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I like to be labeled, sorted in groups, labeled as student, scientist, woman, foreigner, social security number, trekkie ( i love this label) , x files freak, evening person ( requires following certain set of rules, but hey who cares), oh yeh somewhere in those numerous labels I am Muslim too ( why not? one label more or less, it doesnt matter)

People constantly tell me what to do, you have to study to pass the exam, study from the books prof tells you, you have to eat to survive ( italian, mcdonalds? i'm sure somebody said thats cool these days), i have TV because others have it too, i have cell phone because somebody figured out "hey people, buy it, its cool", i use a computer although i dont need it for survival, but somebody decided that I really need it, so I follow.... oh yeh, I also dont kill people, God said long time ago "thy shall not kill", just another fad I follow....

Dont you just love to be a mindless drone?

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Religion is for the weak of heart. A truly spiritual person would know his connection with the father is from within.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The One the Only true Religion
the one that enshures my salvation an no one else !
which ever one that is ?

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I guess i never answered my question myself. I am nondemoninational as well.

---pineapple

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I was raised *Roman Catholic*. I went to Catholic grammar school and am even now at a Catholic high school. Now, though I believe in everything; that is, my faith is that everything is possible and nothing is impossible, though others more plausible than others. I don't believe in religion, organized faith, or anything of that sort, simply the pursuit of perfect happiness and balance in all the universe. It may sound whimsical, but I believe this is the goal of life.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chud
I'm an atheist.
I don't need a religion to tell me how to live my life, I seek the right path using my own initiative.

DAMN STRAIGHT!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I was raised catholic, and seventh day adventist, as an adult I have not religion and I don't believe in religious organizations.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I think "religion" and church hierarchies hurt much more than they ever help.
My personal spiritual beliefs are a blend of Buddhism and Wicca. (Weird combo, but it works for me.)

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
i belong to no spesific religion.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Roman Catholic, even went to a Catholic gradeschool. I don't exactly follow my religion.... at all. I'm not atheist though, kind of agnostic, I guess.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Atheist...theres NO proof telling me that there is a God. Nothing..except the biggest work of fiction and HOAX in the world. The Bible. Where is this "God" when we have all this war and poverty??

But i follow Pixianity...follow the way of Pisky and your life will be full of his blessings.

[edit on 27-6-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
No religion!

Whoooo!

M eand God dont use formalities, we chill at Barnes and Noble together and both enjoy Einsteins Bagels.

Several people have called me blasphemous for saying things like that, but Im being dead serious. If people can wear "Jesus is my Homeboy" shirts, i can be pals with my god.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join