It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What religon are you?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Just curious to know what religons everyone is so i know where you are coming from on the other threads.
Thanks

Edit: I am bumping this because many new users are on this forum now, and I am hoping some of them would like to contribute to this list. Feel free to just reply, it is not nessary to read everyone else's posts beforehand.

---pineapple

[edit on 27-6-2004 by pineappleupsidedown]

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I follow Sikhism.
Deep

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   
you cannot put a title on me...just that I know the Way...the life of Christ...and I try to follow in His footsteps. I am not perfect...and neither is anyone else. Don't seek out miracles...live them...Amen.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Xenon,
What exactly is your Avatar?
Deep

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I don't really "follow" a religion the way one who would be reallly religious is. But, I like every religion I come by, because most of them have elements of truth I find resonate with my life.

Right now, I have my life set on Eastern religions, such as Tao and Buddhism-zen.

I grew up as a Catholic, with a nice church in my community. I like this religion and I still say my prayer, usually, before I go to bed.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 08:59 PM
link   
well raised catholic. but soon decided that the catholic church was not the place for me.so i did what every other confused young person has done. pick and choosed what i like disregarding what i dont. seriously i dont think i live bad and iv always prided myself on being level headed and understanding. i try to follow what i believe god would like. although im not perfect as some one just stated but no one is. thats what makes us human i guess. i have faith and a belief just not in the same way most people do. so i would classify myself as iamwhatiamism.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Xenon,
Deep

Looks like a head behind a flame (from a japanimation)... I am Kabalist (who also believes that Lovecraft and William Blake were onto something)

oui

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I have been a Buddhist (Theravada), for a major part of my life; about 13 years now? (give or take a few months.)

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I personally am a Roman Catholic. I do not agree with some things that the Church says, but I do TRY to follow teachings of good people, and Jesus, himself.

-wD

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Lovecraft,
Iv never heard of that.
Deep

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
agnostic although my reasoning tends toward atheist but anythings possible i suppose

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Shame... he has an author from the early 1900's. He wrote a slew of books/stories about various levels of gods (Great, Old, Elder); the evil ones trying to recontrol the world

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I have no religoin i am an atheist (i think)

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I dont truly follow one religion.
I have picked many elements from various ones and combined them into a super- religion.

It involves many gods, as well as the Christain one.
The code I follow is quite like bushido, though with some variations.
First off, I dislike vioence for no reason. Therefore, I do not pick fights nor enter them after being insulted.
Second, I am honest, so lying is bad.

This seems to work out best for me, so this is what I follow.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Xenon,
Deep

It is a Japanese animation...music video..Coal Chamber.
The roof
the roof
the roof is on fire

We don't need no water
Just let the mother #er burn
burn mother #er
BURN!!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The only government is self-government,
the only religion is a private and personal one.

Perhaps you should hear out other threads without needing a label (filter) to process their information.
Think about your insecurities for needing the labels

You are absolutely free...act like it

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voice_of Doom
The only government is self-government,
the only religion is a private and personal one.

Perhaps you should hear out other threads without needing a label (filter) to process their information.
Think about your insecurities for needing the labels

You are absolutely free...act like it

i believe i do hear out other threads. just sometimes ppl say something that doesnt make sence in my born and raised christian mind, and i want to know where they are coming from and where they formed their ideas. sorry if it did not seem that way

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
labels are for people who need control in their life,when you know whats on the inside you dont need to be affiliated with a religion.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   
no religion for me, I respect those for whom it comforts...but, I just simply try and do right by others and hope it is returned to me

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Raised a Catholic; I find the mass and rituals beautiful.

But I am also looking deep into the religion and beliefs of my forefathers, northern European and southern Slavic.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join