It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cricket: Hampshire County Cricket News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Nowt to report except that we are crap and Wasim Akram has been a gr8 flop 2 wicket per game nice 1 Wasim!

TRD

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 04:56 PM
link   
LOL drunk...

How old is Wasim Akram now i remember he used to be a decent bowler...

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
LOL drunk...

How old is Wasim Akram now i remember he used to be a decent bowler...

Maybe the same age as Sheringham i think!

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Wasim has quit "Rose Bowl"

He has termited his contract with Hants.

www.bbc.co.uk

Maybe cos he realised he is crap and yes he is 37 years old!

TRD

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hampshire are searching for a new pace bowler after diabetic Wasim Akram left the county with immediate effect because of health problems.

The 37-year-old Pakistani all-rounder only joined the county at the start of the season - but has called time on his short stay at The Rose Bowl after taking medical advice.

A spokesman for the county confirmed to The Press Association this morning: "Wasim is a known diabetic and he has left the club with immediate effect, on the advice of his doctors.

"We had a meeting yesterday and that was it. It's all been very amicable - but we're shocked and disappointed.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   
First Pompey lose Merse now Wasim quits Hampshire.

Itsnot looking brite on the south coast is it??

TRD

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Family commitments were the reason behind Hampshire's failed bid to lure Zimbabwe captain Heath Streak to the Rose Bowl.

Hampshire are looking to recruit another overseas player following the decision by Pakistan all-rounder Wasim Akram to leave the county on health grounds.

Streak was their first choice but, having just returned to Zimbabwe following a 10-week tour of England, he opted against hopping back on a plane to ply his trade in the Frizzell County Championship.

"It was just that the offer came at short notice," said Streak.

"I have not been with my family for the past five months and I had already made bookings for a family holiday before we start preparations for the new season.

"They approached me on Monday and at this stage it was too late for me to accept."

The 29-year-old, who was one of the few Zimbabwe players to emerge from the tour with any credit, also has a number of prior engagements to carry out with the Zimbabwe Cricket Union.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 12:37 AM
link   
They had to wait until the very last ball to clinch victory.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Robin Smith retires from cricket
(

who are we gonna get to replace him?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
As you may as well already know and see i dont follow cricket as much but we have Shane Warne as a replacement for Robin Smith

top topics

join