It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football: Whos going to go down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
with the bottom of the league being so close, who do you think will get relegated? Here are the feasible options:

14. Blackburn 32pts
15. Portsmouth 31
16. Fulham 30
17. Southampton 27
18. Crystal Palace 26
19. West Brom 24
20. Norwich 20

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
nice little list you got there.

i think norwich are going down. i cant see them managing to turn it around. i aint sure about WBA. they have started to get a few points, but i think southampton will stay up and its only them they can catch i believe. its the same with palace, i think fulham are safe. they will get points same with blackburn. pompey. got an important point the other day. i think as it stands. i think its really the bottom four. i just cant see the saints going down cos they always seem to surive.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
yep southampton definatly seem to have turned the corner and are playing decent footy

I dont know west brom and norwich wont stay up i dont want c palace to go down, they have played all the top teams though of recent so should have more easier games to come up whereas southampton have a stretch of hard games approaching

My predictions:
Norwich
West Brom
really cant decide on this 1, im going to go for Southampton though. I could have egg on my face but ah well

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
i think its likely WBA will go down. but its if they do, there good players will leave. and i want kanu to stay in the prem lol

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
kanu was good, is now rubbish lol i think if WBA go down he will stay in the 1st division though, maybe to help a bounce back to the preimership

TRD

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Its going to be tough and interesting for the teams down the bottom...

Last place will definatly go to Norwich, they just don't have the class players or individuals in the side to stay up. Its not for the want of trying its the lack of money in their case.

Its a toss up between Palace and West Brom who will go down with them but i can only see it being one of them. They are both playing really well and its not impossible for both of them to get out of it. But i think Southampton, Blackburn are just that little bit better than them..

As for the third team it will be Portsmouth. Fulham do have much better players than the rest but they can't seem to get it together. But i expect them to get out of it. As for Portsmouth they are in a terrible state and i expect Southampton and either Palace or West Brom to finish above them. More than likely it will be Palace who scrape it...

My bottom three

Norwich
West Brom
Portsmouth

[Edited on 21/3/05 by TRD]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I think as long as Portsmouth do not play Chalkias, i think they can stay up. They have had a bad spell but i think they can snap out of it, drawing against a newcastle side 8 wins in a row is solid.
Southampton have to play Chelsea and Man Utd big teams, Portsmouths run in is not that bad.
Does anybody have the run in for all of the teams involved in tje battle?

TRD

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Ok the six clubs near the bottom... Heres there remaining fixtures..

02 April 2005

Arsenal v Norwich, 15:00
Crystal Palace v Middlesbrough, 15:00
Man Utd v Blackburn, 15:00
Southampton v Chelsea, 17:15

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

03 April 2005

Fulham v Portsmouth, 13:30
West Brom v Everton, 16:05

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

09 April 2005

Blackburn v Southampton, 15:00
Bolton v Fulham, 15:00
Norwich v Man Utd, 17:15
Portsmouth v Charlton, 15:00

10 April 2005

Aston Villa v West Brom, 12:00
Everton v Crystal Palace, 15:00

16 April 2005

Birmingham v Portsmouth, 17:15
Crystal Palace v Norwich, 15:00
Fulham v Man City, 15:00
Southampton v Aston Villa, 15:00

19 April 2005

Bolton v Southampton, 19:45
Middlesbrough v Fulham, 19:45

20 April 2005

Blackburn v Crystal Palace, 19:45
Norwich v Newcastle, 19:45
Portsmouth v Liverpool, 19:45
Tottenham v West Brom, 19:45

23 April 2005

Blackburn v Man City, 15:00
Chelsea v Fulham, 12:45
Crystal Palace v Liverpool, 15:00
Middlesbrough v West Brom, 15:00
Norwich v Charlton, 15:00

24 April 2005

Portsmouth v Southampton, 12:00

26 April 2005

West Brom v Blackburn, 19:45

30 April 2005

Birmingham v Blackburn, 15:00
Fulham v Everton, 15:00
Man City v Portsmouth, 15:00
Newcastle v Crystal Palace, 15:00
Southampton v Norwich, 15:00

02 May 2005

West Brom v Arsenal, 20:00

07 May 2005

Blackburn v Fulham, 15:00
Crystal Palace v Southampton, 15:00
Man Utd v West Brom, 17:15
Norwich v Birmingham, 15:00
Portsmouth v Bolton, 15:00

15 May 2005

Charlton v Crystal Palace, 15:00
Fulham v Norwich, 15:00
Newcastle v Chelsea, 15:00
Southampton v Man Utd, 15:00
Tottenham v Blackburn, 15:00
West Brom v Portsmouth, 15:00

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
nice list TRD

i can c portsmouth staying up, they should get 9-11pts from that lot

I have question marks over fulham tho

Sir

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Some important games today, its going to go all the way most prob. Southampton are playing pretty badly and look in real danger..

TRD

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Big changes today as West Brom drew with Tottenham, Palace lost and Norwich beat Newcastle 2-1. What a result for Norwich...

The bottom looks like this now..

15 Fulham ... Played 33 Points 35
16 Portsmouth ... Played 34 Points 35
17 West Bromwich Albion ... Played 33 Points 29
18 Southampton ...Played 34 Points 28
19 Crystal Palace ... Played 34 Points 27
20 Norwich City ... Played 34 Points 27

Looking at the games left anyone out of the bottom 6 could still go down....

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
in all honesty. i think pompey and fulham will manage to surive.

portsmouth southampton game soon, how big is that!

notice how norwich have gained the most points out the bottom six in the last few matches

[Edited on 4/20/05 by rynaldo82]

TRD

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
If you look at the games left, a big surprise as everyone had written them off. Norwich have the easier run in than all the rest of them.

Sir

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
TRD you could be right they won again lol! It would be amazing it Norwich managed to stay up. Portsmouth thumped Southampton today 4-1 and it leaves Southampton rock bottom. Portsmouth now look like they are safe.

Looking at the games left...

Southampton have it all to do, they have to play Norwich, Palace and then Man United. If one of them two beat them then they will definatly go down as it looks like they might only get 3 more points then, which wont be enough. Some really tough games comming up and it will be exciting.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
It all hinges on a couple of key games and who gets the luck. The way Southampton are playing i would say they are going down. The other 2 places are much harder to sort out but looking at the games, West Brom could well be the 2nd team..

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
If you look at the games left, a big surprise as everyone had written them off. Norwich have the easier run in than all the rest of them.

Looks like you could well be right.. With the remaining games left and the league positions, Norwich just have to win their last game, which they are capable of doing. Southampton have it all to do, they have to beat Man United in the last game minus Peter Crouch. There strike force is depleted and i feel man United will rip them apart. It does look like its between Palace and Norwich who will stay up.

top topics

join