posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:14 AM
- Mark Mulder (PA) is still in Arizona undergoing therapy on his injured hip and will miss at least one start, according to the San Jose
- Javy Lopez (PA) left in the eighth inning of Wednesday's game after fouling a ball off his left leg, according to the AP. Lopez exited the
field easily under his own power, but the Braves did not provide an immediate diagnosis on the catcher's condition.
- Marcus Giles (TRD) was a late scratch from Wednesday's starting lineup after he began to feel ill during batting practice, according to the
- Ivan Rodriguez (Ben) returned to the Marlins' starting lineup on Wednesday after spraining his wrist in a collision with the Rockies' Jay
Payton Tuesday, according to the AP. "He (Payton) twisted my hand back and it hurt for a while," Rodriguez said. "I had it iced several times last
night." Florida manager Jack McKeon said he expects Rodriguez to make a quick recovery.
- Jorge Posada (TRD) was given the day off on Wednesday, probably because if was a day game after a night game.
- Jason Giambi (Ben) was given Wednesday off. The move was in part to let Giambi rest a sore shoulder. With an off day Thursday, Giambi should
be back in the lineup on Friday.
- J.T. Snow (Nyeff) underwent a precautionary MRI on his injured groin on Tuesday but results weren't immediately available.
- Albert Pujols (TRD) dropped his appeal of a two-game suspension and began serving the penalty on Tuesday night. He will miss Wednesday's game
as well. The timing was convenient, as Pujols is still recovering from the effects of the flu.