posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 12:40 AM
- Red Sox manager Grady Little expects Pedro Martinez (TRD) to be fully recovered from the throat infection by the time he makes his next start
on Saturday, according to the AP. Martinez was still affected by the illness when he made his previous start on Monday.
- Aaron Boone (Ben) returned to the starting lineup for the Yankees on Wednesday after sitting out Tuesday's game. He sustained the injury
after slipping on the dugout steps on Monday.
- The Braves placed John Smoltz (Ben) on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday with tendinitis in his right elbow, according to the AP. The
ailment was discovered through an MRI performed by Dr. James Andrews earlier in the day. However, both Braves team physician Dr. Joe Chandler and
Smoltz insist the injury is not serious and should have no lingering effects. Chandler added that Smoltz will rest for seven days before he resumes
any throwing. "This is an enforced period of rest that John otherwise wouldn't take," Chandler said. "This takes it out of his hands. This is not a
- Phillies pitching coach Joe Kerrigan plans to work with Randy Wolf (PA) on the pitcher's mechanics after another rough outing on Monday,
according to the Philadelphia Inquirer. Kerrigan has found a glitch in Wolf's fastball mechanics.
- J.T. Snow (Nyeff) is close to coming off the disabled list, but apparently doesn't have an exact date set for his return from a strained
groin, according to the AP.
- Barry Bonds (PA) will miss the Giants' three-game series against Colorado this week, but is expected to be available for their contest in
Arizona Friday, according to the AP. Bonds is on the bereavement list as he continues to mourn the death of his father, who passed away last Saturday.