It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantasy: SportzTawk Fantasy Baseball

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Ben.............13
PA.................5
TRD...............3
Nyeff.............2

Slow night, not many games.

Totals

PA...................2938.33
Ben.................2702.66
TRD.................2603.66
Nyeff...............2363

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 02:43 AM
link   
PA................34
Ben..............31
TRD..............27
Nyeff............16

Totals

PA..................2972.33
Ben................2733.66
TRD................2630.66
Nyeff..............2379

Hey Nyeff, I noticed "BigCat" Galarraga got thrown out trying to steal second base last night. Why on earth would he try and steal a base?

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Hey old guy's have the right to try and steal too.
Of course they look a little silly when they try.

TRD

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
PA mulder 28.66

TRD Pettite 27

Ben Smoltz 12

Nyeff

New totals

PA..................3001
Ben................2745.66
TRD................2657.66
Nyeff..............2379

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Ben..............33
Nyeff............26
PA................19
TRD..............17

Totals

PA..................3020
Ben................2778.66
TRD................2674.66
Nyeff..............2405

TRD

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Ben Clemons 24
Smoltz 12

Nyeff Smidt 23
Worrell 2

TRD Wagner 3

New Totals

PA..................3020
Ben................2814.66
TRD................2677.66
Nyeff..............2430

Big day their for Ben and the gap has closed even more on PA, Nyeff picked up some good points aswell.!!

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   
You just wait and see guy's. I'll make the playoffs.
Positive thinking my friends.

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
You just wait and see guy's. I'll make the playoffs.
Positive thinking my friends.

Yes nyeff, positive thinking is the right attitude! :bounce:

(shhh, nobody tell nyeff that everyone makes the playoffs
)

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I'm sure Ben is happy his fantasy third baseman Aaron Boone has been traded to the Yankees. It was a good move for the Yanks, former 3b Robin Ventura batted .230 in July. The Yanks shipped Ventura to the Dodgers.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Ben...............31
Nyeff.............20
PA.................15
TRD...............12

Totals

PA..................3035
Ben................2845.66
TRD................2689.66
Nyeff..............2450

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Oh, well thenI guess I'll just put a pee wee team on the field then.
Sorry PA a little birdy told me that we all make the playoffs.

Ben

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I would have to say that it was a very nice day overall...i am gaining on you PA. Also i didint even know that the yankees recevied Boone....that is pretty nice i would have to say.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   
When nyeff mentioned playoffs, it got me thinking. I have an idea, let me know what you think.

I was thinking we stop our fantasy league with 2 weeks remaining in the regular season of real baseball. Then we use those last two weeks for our playoffs.

The first place team would play the last place team, and 2nd would play 3rd for the first week of the playoffs. The winner would be determined by the entire weeks points.

Then the second week, the two winners from the previous week would play for the STFBL title!

So, if the playoffs started today it would be PA vs nyeff and Ben vs TRD and then the last week of the season the two winners play.

When the playoffs start our rosters will be frozen, no trades or injury subs so make sure you tune up your roster for the playoffs.

I am going to repost last Monday's unlimited trading because Ben and nyeff missed it, so it will be unlimited trading for everyone this Monday.

There are only 6 weeks (plus 2 weeks of playoffs, but no trades) left in the regular season and we all have lots of trades remaining. I was thinking since our scores have gotten closer lately that we would make unlimited trading just this Monday so everyone can gear up for the homestretch. You cant save your trades for next season, so might as well use them if you need them. Maybe hang on to a couple in case of injury or whatever for the last 2 months. Alot can happen in 2 months so good luck!

Trades Remaining

Nyeff - 8
Ben - 6
PA - 6
TRD - 3

Remember, no injury subs in the playoffs, so if you have a guy that has a nagging injury, you might want to consider trading him.

I hope this sounds good to everyone, just tryng to spice it up a bit! BAM!!! as Emeril would say!

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I like it. Sounds fair and easy to follow....
It will be a busy trade Monday.

TRD

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Ben smoltz 11

PA gange 3

New Totals

PA..................3038
Ben................2856.66
TRD................2689.66
Nyeff..............2450

Well whats up with my guys they seem to have gone off the boil for a bit....

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Well I am trying to catch up. So I put a Voodoo,hex, curse thingy on your guy's. Sorry Trd. But I hate to lose.:tum: I also hired a hitman to take Bens team,and have rigged PA's team plane to crash. I will be the champion... MMUUUHAHAHAH.

Ben

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 12:51 AM
link   
lol i like that idea Nyeff. Sounds good to me PA.

TRD

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Voodoo Hex LOL your gonna need more than that....

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Sorry guys cant stay long, I'm posting this on my laptop somewhere in the jungle. Seems our plane went down in the middle of nowhere and we are all stuck in here.

Thank goodness we are all ok, I just hope someone finds us soon. I need to get these guys to the games so they can get points, otherwise we'll fall in the standings.

The pilot said this is a brand new plane.
I smell SABOTAGE!

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
- Alfonso Soriano (PA) was bumped from leadoff to the eighth spot in the Yankees' lineup on Friday. Joe Torre is trying to put Soriano in a low-pressure spot so he can work his way out of his hitting slump.

- Carlos Delgado (TRD) was back at first base on Friday after spending the previous four games at DH. He's been bothered by sore knees, but the Blue Jays' road trip away from SkyDome's Astroturf should allow him to play the field.

- Andruw Jones (nyeff) left Friday's game in the fourth inning after aggravating a pulled oblique muscle while swinging an at-bat. He finished the plate appearance, but did not take the field to start the fifth inning.

- J.T. Snow (nyeff) was out of the Giants' starting lineup for the sixth consecutive game on Friday as he nurses a strained groin. Of course, nyeff has been receiving the points for JT's backup, Andres "BigCat" Galarraga.

- Aaron Boone (Ben) is eligible for arbitration after this season, so the Yankees can keep him in the fold, according to the New York Daily News. Boone said yesterday he would be amenable to working out a long-term deal with the club.

- Manny Ramirez (TRD) started at DH for the second straight night Thursday to rest a strained quad, according to the AP. He's listed as day-to-day.

- Eric Chavez (nyeff) returned to the A's starting lineup on Thursday, one day after taking most of Wednesday's game off because of a stiff lower back. Chavez hit his 20th home run of the season in the second inning.

- Albert Pujols (TRD) will have his appeal hearing for a two-game suspension imposed by Major League Baseball tentatively scheduled for August 15 in Philadelphia, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join