posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 01:42 PM
- The Astros decided to send Jeff Kent (Nyeff) back to Houston to have his ailing left wrist examined after he was unable to play on Saturday,
according to the Houston Chronicle. "It's worrisome," GM Gerry Hunsicker said. "Wrist injuries can be serious. We're going to get him checked out and
go from there."
- Roger Clemens (Ben) probably will pitch the day game of next Saturday's doubleheader at Yankee Stadium, according to the New York Daily News. The
evening game is at Shea Stadium, and the Yankees would rather avoid having Clemens swing a bat.
- The Giants decided Saturday to place J.T. Snow (Nyeff's uncle) on the disabled list due to his strained right groin. The move was retroactive to
- Scott Rolen (PA) remained sidelined on Saturday due to his ailing neck. He is expected to stay out of action until at least Tuesday, as he won't
play Sunday and the Cardinals are off Monday, according to the AP.
- Mike Mussina (TRD) pitched three innings on Saturday before the game was called, throwing 45 pitches. It is not clear when he'll make his next
- Nomar Garciaparra (PA) was 6-for-6 in Saturday's 13-inning game. The monster game raised his batting average to .338 for the season.
Batting stats are on the way! I'm gonna try and get up the player stats tonight cause tomorrowis "Trae Monday".