posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 10:49 AM
- Scott Rolen (3B) StL said his sore neck was "back where I started" after he left Wednesday's game in the seventh inning when it tightened up,
according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. He didn't take batting practice yesterday and his status for today's game is up in the air.
- The Astros were not sure if Jeff Kent (2B) Hou would be available for tonight's game after being sidelined yesterday with a sore left wrist,
according to the Houston Chronicle. "My wrist has been bothering me for about two weeks," Kent said. "I got tendinitis in my wrist, and it
progressively got worse."
- A doctor found no serious damage after Alex Rodriguez (SS) Tex was hit in the face by a thrown ball during Thursday's game, according to the
Star-Telegram. "The doctor said my face looked pretty good," Rodriguez said. "He said my cheek and teeth were pretty good. It hit me pretty square,
right under the right nostril."
- J.T. Snow (1B) SF reported improvement in his strained right groin, but Giants manager Felipe Alou indicated that Snow will remain sidelined for the
time being, according to the AP. "The trainer's got the final word," said Alou.
- Giants trainer Stan Conte said Andres Galarraga (1B) SF has been bothered recently by a pulled calf muscle, according to the San Jose Mercury News.
Other News :
- Mike Mussina (P) NYA will start in place of Jeff Weaver Saturday since Thursday's rainout enables the Yankees to start Andy Pettitte on Friday,
according to the AP.
- Curt Schilling (P) Ari is slated to have the cast removed from his broken hand on Tuesday, according to the Arizona Republic.
- Plenty of teams are showing interest in acquiring Ugueth Urbina (P) Tex from the Rangers, but the Mariners deny that they are one of the teams,
according to the Seattle Times. Mariners officials say that his $4.5 million salary is a major obstacle.