It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is HAARP?? is it a weapon, intel listening, weather control or whatever device

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   
whats it suppose to be, what does the goverments say it is?

i do know that USA, UK, France, Australia, and some other countires have these HAARP devices built, although it named diff names in diff countires whys that?

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 05:27 PM
link   
blobby....
I am not knowledgeable of this topic but respectfully, I will say that if you do a ATS 'search' on HAARP, you will not be disappointed in your quest for understanding in what you ask.

Peace.

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Hey friend, I live on Puerto Rico near an Haarp and as I see your looking for Info of these trasmitors, well today is your lucky day , this artefact is so powerful than from PR to Colombia Federals can track drugs . Here in PR this kind of transmitor at midnight had been asociated with commonly UFOS appereances ... any question post it back...

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Thanks for the info guys, i was wondering that myself,there is a harp website too that has a l;ot of stuf

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by blobby
whats it suppose to be, what does the goverments say it is?

i do know that USA, UK, France, Australia, and some other countires have these HAARP devices built, although it named diff names in diff countires whys that?
Is a government experiment for altering the upper levels of our air! It is very interesting to research! But, this technology could also be used, perhaps, for other things, like altering weather patterns, or creatin holes in the ozone layer. But watch out, because there are also a lot mind control experiments going on, too!

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
there have been many threads on this topic..it is everything and nothing..it can change air density, temp, weather patterns, and frequncy of 'mind' patterns. just do a search on HAARP... but you better sit down and have a few drinks or whatever to calm yourself about what you will hear....the truth may set u free, but it don't mean that it wont hurt like the dickens.................

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by clearmind

I would have to say that the most bizarre thing that I've yet read about HAARP was about 5 years ago, and please forgive me as I do not have the link any longer, was a theory that suggested that HARRP could cause "gravitational and temporal anomalies." Now for those like me who did not major in Quantum Physics, it basically means time warps, wormholes and that sort of phenomena. Who knows maybe the Arrowhead Project in "The Mist" was actually a HAARP malfunction

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It is more powerful than Nuclear weapons.

Plausible Denial. Nobody would ever be able to prove which countries HAARP did what. Hence why DOD took it over. If it had no military purpose it would be under NOAA or USGS.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Well officially HAARP can be describe like this : HAARP

The High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) is an ionospheric research program jointly funded by the US Air Force, the US Navy, the University of Alaska and the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA).[1]
Its purpose is to analyze the ionosphere and investigate the potential for developing ionospheric enhancement technology for radio communications and surveillance purposes (such as missile detection).[2]
The HAARP program operates a major Arctic facility, known as the HAARP Research Station, on an Air Force owned site near Gakona, Alaska.
The most prominent instrument at the HAARP Station is the Ionospheric Research Instrument (IRI), a high power radio frequency transmitter facility operating in the high frequency (HF) band. The IRI is used to temporarily excite a limited area of the ionosphere.
Other instruments, such as a VHF and a UHF radar, a fluxgate magnetometer, a digisonde and an induction magnetometer, are used to study the physical processes that occur in the excited region. Work on the HAARP Station began in 1993. The current working IRI was completed in 2007, and its prime contractor was BAE Advanced Technologies.[1]

Unofficially HAARP has been blamed by Several People to be responsible for several natural disasters.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
HAARP is one of those "conspiracies" that hide in plain sight. Sometimes, just sometimes, something is just what it says. This is one of those times, in my opinion, but I also know a few things.

In this age of internet, cell phones, and satellite communication, why would we need to study propagation? Why would the DoD and US Navy undertake this mission and not just some other agency, university, or even a company. These are good questions posed by others. Well, actually, all these have and do work together on the study of propagation.

Let’s start with the very basic form of communication; a message from point A to point B. This message is important and needs to be delivered. We can use the internet in its various modes i.e. e-mail, instant message, video conference, web based message, even chat rooms. We could use a cell phone or a land line and call to talk to the message receiver; we could even fax the message via telephone line. We could use a satellite uplink for message delivery over a large foot print.

We could even use a radio and depending on the range of miles, determines what frequency we would transmit on. Under 50 miles, you could use UHF and VHF. From 100 to a few hundred miles, you use what's called the six meter band, which is upper end of VHF. Over 500 miles you use "High Frequency".

The message has been transmitted, but now we don't want anyone to listen to the message so it has to be encrypted by some means to hide it's meaning. There are any numbers of ways to do this from very simple to extraordinary complex. We will get back to this...

Now, we have a message and the means to transmit from point A to point B. This works great just about all the time.

The Navy has a special interest in communications for the reason that it has ships all over the world that has the need of communication. For the most part, this is secure communication. Limited internet is available from satellite, cell phone is just about useless, and rough seas make satellite communications much more difficult. This leaves radio for communications. The Navy has great communication facilities throughout the world just for the purpose to keep ships in contact.

We have laid some very basic ground work on communications.

Let's get back to encrypting. The days of simple codes are just about over. The one time pad using Morse code is very secure but very limited in what it can broadcast. More advanced machine type coding i.e. enigma from WW2 has some usage, but computers have opened that coding scheme. Computer based technology using modems and radios have advanced but these have the capability of being intercepted (as all radio communication does) and the encryption broke with the message read. A signal with multiple modulation schemes and computer technology for encryption is fairly complex and hard to break the code. This is what modern military communication has evolved into. Secure digital communications, with complex signal structure. VHF-UHF even uses frequency hopping so a simple scanner has no possible way to overhear the message.

A VHF-UHF radio has no problems broadcasting digital forms of communication from site to site as the range is somewhat limited and atmospheric conditions doesn't really effect the radio wave as it is line of sight or slightly bent from transmitter to receiver.

HF is different. It bounce the radio wave from ionosphere to ground and back until the receiver is able to hear the transmission. It is possible to be in an area that the radio wave bounces over the receiver, so the message is never heard. This bouncing of signal has detrimental effects on digital broadcasting.

Finally, we are at HARRP....

HAARP is used to study propagation. They broadcast complex high frequency radio signals with the attempt to understand how the atmosphere and ionosphere affects the signal being transmitted.

There are times when HAARP uses moon bounce to broadcast signals. You can hear an echo if you listen to this signal as the ground wave will arrive about 3 seconds ahead of the bounced signal. HAARP also will direct their signal to specific areas, at times, not to “death ray” something, but to directly check the signal integrity from what is being broadcast. These can be somewhat complex signals using what is called Quadrature Amplitude Modulation (QAM).

Now, think outside the box a little bit. What would be the reason why radio communications would be the only means being left to issue commands and messages to armed forces? Anyone....

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Hinky, thanks for making the HAARP a bit easier to understand, you have obviously studied or at least read up on this more than me. Two things that we should all remember are; any technology like this that has obvious military applications will likely be studied by those who have our nation's well being and defense in mind, and by those here and abroad who have their own adgenda, which may or may not be in our nation's best interest. The other thing to remember is that any technology like this will be vilified and condemned by some of our own citizens who hate everything to do with defending our nation---these folks who think that America is the sole cause of the world's ills, and that we must be brought down a peg or two. To this end they sometimes make up outlandish stories about the horrific capabilities of systems like HAARP. As I alluded to in my previous post, I have no training in Quantum Physics and although the military applications of temporal shifting and artificial wormholes may be obvious, I'm not sure that is quite what Philips Labs and the Navy had in mind.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

thats one heck of a post Hinky. !!...
hope you are well...havent seen you about much.

snoopyuk

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Here’s what I do know about the concept of HAARP and how I now it. I am a US Navy Submarine Veteran. I qualified submarines (SS) in 1987. I served for 10 years before I was injured while shifting weapons in a torpedo room in 1994. My hand was crushed and I was unable to continue with my military career. During the cold war, one of the many concerns of the Navy was communicating with submerged submarines at depth so they could receive launch orders for SSBM’s, mission update orders and other important communications. Another concern was retrieving intelligence from submerged recording devices that were used to tap into the USSR’s military communications system. This would involve sending a submarine into very shallow waters, such as a bay, fjord, river, inlet, ECT, deploy swimmers and place a fresh recording device, which had nuclear batteries, on top of the communications cables and retrieve the old one that was full of intel goodies that was placed there earlier. What made this type of SPECOP so remarkable and worth this risk was the Soviets transmitted these TOP SECRET conversations in the clear, un-coded because they thought it suicide for anyone to send a team so close to its shores. Compare this to the Russians sending a submarine up the East River and tapping the phone cables under the Brooklyn Bridge between Manhattan and Brooklyn. Crazy right? Think of the propaganda coup the Soviets would have had if they caught one of boats? Now sending and receiving this information is very important and risky. Unfortunately, radio waves do not penertatrate sea water to any significant depth. Therefore a submarine that needs to “phone home” would have to come to periscope depth to raise an antennae mast to receive and transmit messages. The danger in this is the sub can be detected at such a shallow depth…even with the naked eye. The navy has tried many solutions to this problem….floating wires, retracratable buoys. Bu what if we could send and receive messages from subs while submerged at 2000 feet…right through the water using VLF (very low freq.) or receive intelligence from the submerged wire taps in real time? Under the auspices of President Reagan’s SDI or Star Wars, DARPA along with several Defense contractors began their research into using the Ionosphere as a huge radio antenna, basically using the earth’s own atmosphere as a very large antenna to receive and transmit message bursts from submerged assets. This was the beginnings of HAARP. Already known was the fact that highly directed radio waves can be used as a weapon. In conjunction with the communications aspects of such a device was using radio waves to disrupt Ballistic missile guidance systems before their MIRV payloads could re-enter the atmosphere. Used at high a high enough power, in theory, perhaps destroy them.
When I left the Navy in the 90’s HAARP being used as a transmitter/receiver went nowhere. The technology just wasn’t there. Other ways of communicating with submerged assets were realized and developed. But the weapons aspect did go somewhere. Highly directed radio waves were first used in combat in Panama to disorientate enemy troops. The waves caused vertigo, nausea and confusion. At high enough power it could even kill. I have not heard of such devices being used in any lethal way Nothing secret about these aspects. Hardly a week goes by with a Military Channel episode showing how directed sound waves are used in Iraq and Afghanistan to disperse crowds. These shows even demonstrate how they could be used as non-lethal weapons in domestic crowd control in the United States.
What do I think of the weapon-ization of HAAR and its potential uses? We do know that highly focused radio transmission can and are lethal. I wouldn’t want to stand in front of any transmitter pumping out 15 million watts of power. One would get fried like being in a microwave. I do not have first hand knowledge of HAARP being used for these purposes. Charging the Ionosphere, approximately 60 KM overhead is one thing; directing that power to the ground is some sort of a controlled way with pinpoint accuracy is another. Without some kind of target, say placing a positive charge in a portion of the sky and having some type of negatively charged target on the ground seems quite problematic to me. How to differentiate that negative target from let’s say another naturally occurring one seems almost impossible. Trying to do it clausdinely seems almost ridiculous. Controlling weather with HAARP seems almost as implausible. With Hurricanes occurring so far below the ionosphere, how would u get that charge to storm? Perhaps seeding the storm with some kind of charged targets like aluminum dropped from aircraft?
The only feasible theories I have found plausible is the disrupting of guidance systems and possibly destroying inbound platforms with highly charged particles over a large area. Another is to artificially strengthen the ionosphere to protect our planet from immense solar flares or cosmic rays. I’m not concluding that any of the sinister ideas about HAARP aren’t possible; just not plausible at the moment. I do know that the submerged communications aspect of the project is as dead as……dead.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by blobby

It supposedly is a benign weather observation facility. But this isn't true. They manipulate weather and its gone way too far. You can see all the facilities and learn more about the technology and how out of control it is by going to Robert Mann's blog - He was just mentioned on the BBC radio yesterday, in fact, for his work, which a lot of us over here are interested in.

thetruthabout1111awakeningcode.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
This is not Very Releated but il post it Anyway, But it Could Have Been Done with Something Similaire ?
As its Impossible otherwise.

Video Showing Computer Play By Itself (And Even Against User Input) with Proofs of not being made up or Fake.
Recorded From "MUGEN M.U.G.E.N 1.1 Beta 1" Unmodified

***This Video is For Professionals Only to Analyze, and Further Info Can Be Provided.***
*For Amateurs This Will Not Make Any Sense it just Show Some Gameplay. Please dont Report as HOAX.
+Please Share with Anyone who can Analyze This Video+

DirectLinks:
1drv.ms...
Torrent:
www.sumotorrent.sx...
edit on 26-8-2015 by tempacc005 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TM2SS

Exactly what i heard too, a huge antenna for deepwater and other "challenging" communications. Thanks for your story, was interesting.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I've read somewhere along in here that it was used (to some extent) to figure out how to "clean up" the atmosphere for communications. Guess if certain events happen the atmosphere gets really whacky and hard to communicate through; like a HEMP (High Altitude Electromagnetic Pulse). They also leave a bunch of stuff flying around up there that isn't necessarily good for electronics and supposedly something they learned with HAARP can negate that.

This last page has a hefty explanation that gets into some details stated above.
www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=

Scientific research? Sure. Frying your brain from across the country with microwaves like some say? Not so much.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Sorry i Here is the Download link for my my Above Post

Download Link

Scientific research? Sure. Frying your brain from across the country with microwaves like some say? Not so much.

i think They Can modifies or fry anything on its range. at least with this "Weapon" (located underground and has the ability to carry electrons in its electromagnetic waves) used here not HAARP.
edit on 31-8-2015 by tempacc005 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
A multifaceted complex array capable of shielding against ballistic missiles by frying them...
capable of weather modification...
Capable of frying the electronics of all aircraft not protected against it...
Capable of creating mass confusion to a high degree like missing time or dementia Alzheimer's like effects...
Capable of causing heart attacks...
Capable of provoking Mass chaos anger rage best put to use in such fashion to provoke situations to boiling point...
It can also be us d for good...
Although you have witnessed its effects, you assume I am lying or exaggerating at best...
it's also quite a musical instrument...
edit on 1-9-2015 by 5StarOracle because: ...

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Finds lost cats.
Restores virginity.
Balances budgets.
Cleans teeth.
Freshens breath.
Can be used to locate the lost Spear of Longinus.
Powers the Golden Helmet of Mambrino.
Can divide by zero.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join