It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennis: Maria Sharapova shrine

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Susquehanna
She is one hot momma!

she sure is Susan, i think she likes to play with the racket

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Maria Sharapova strode into the fourth round of the French Open Saturday with the minimum of fuss, sweeping aside fellow Russian Anna Chakvetadze 6-1, 6-4.

The second seed needed just 74 minutes on the Suzanne Lenglen court before she could head for the shade with another scorching day in the French capital on the cards.

source

Yahoo! Sports

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Maria Sharapova overcame a difficult period during the first set to beat Tatiana Golovin 7-5 6-1 and book her place in the final of the DFS Classic in Edgbaston.

The number one seed, who defeated Golovin in the final last year, squandered a 5-2 lead in the opening set before edging it 7-5 on her fifth set point.

The second set was less competitive as Sharapova's superior fitness began to tell - her 17-year old opponent required treatment to an ankle injury as her game fell apart.

source

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Im just watching this Maria Sharapova documentary, wow!
I didnt realise how he rfamily risked money for her to become a top tennis player, and now shes worth £25million. That is surely amazing and a pure asset to the womens game

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by dilly
I didnt realise how he rfamily risked money for her to become a top tennis player, and now shes worth £25million. That is surely amazing and a pure asset to the womens game

sexist
it should be to the game as a whole hehe

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dilly

I didn't get to see the documentary, how's this that they risked money for her?

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
her father was poor or the family were, what happened is that martina navravtilova or however you spell it saw her play and said to progress she should go to a coaching school in the usa. So what happened is that by borrowing money, he took the risk and sent maria to america, he went with her and saw her once a week while the mother had to remain in russia

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
That's a cool story, glad to see someone who's gone through all that succeeding like she has!

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
its heartening to see that happen, most people are normally rich to succeed in these sports

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
It doesn't seem to have gone to her head either which is nice.

She is using her looks like Anna K but can play tennis as well and is a genuine contender.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Just a general question who would you pick

Anna k
or
Maria s

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
this site has been wonderful, although this is the first time i have come across this site, it is such a great pleasure to navigate this site where you can find all sort of sports icons, which is a treat to browse through. i am happy to become a member of it.

TRD

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Welcome farooq, glad you like it, theres plenty of stuff on here to look through.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I just ran accross thi sinteresting article on Yahoo -

Sharapova puts world domination bid on hold

Teenager Maria Sharapova has put her plans for world domination on ice, the Russian saying she is not yet strong enough to carry if off.

"I don't think I'm ready for it now," Sharapova told Reuters at the WTA Championships on Wednesday.

"I think at some point I may be able to dominate, but honesty, I don't think I'm physically there yet and I don't want to go out there and say I am, when I'm really not."

Yahoo story LINK

I admire her candor, and the way she admits that she still has some growing up to do. I thin that this kid will go far.

TRD

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
People like her is what makes sports so great and a pleasure to watch!

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
does Maria come with the laptop?

[Edited on 1/3/06 by rynaldo82]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
She looks good and she is good at tennis !

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Maria has made her way into another Grand Slam Final, by beating world #1 Amelie Mauresmo to getto th efinals at the US Open.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Congratualations to Maria for winning the second Grand Slam event of her career. Not only is she extremely beautiful, she has incredible talent for the game of tennis.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Expressions like "extremely beautiful" are overused, but in her case, I think it fits. (Jim, she is NINETEEN, you dirty old man! For god's sake, get hold of yourself. Well, ok, bad metaphor there....)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join