It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verichip on TV again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The verichip was back in the news the other day. This time they are marketing it as a replacement to the ATM and credit cards. 'No longer will you have to worry about somebody stealing your credit cards, all your information will be stored right there in a chip under your skin'.

I have seen it on the news as a way to store medical history, passport information, and now banking information. They are just trying every angle to get people to accept these things. It is a slippery slope that I want no part of walking on.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 07:07 PM
link   
...And in the interest of "spinned reporting", I'll bet that the news broadcast never even mentioned any of the potential dangers (Such as loss of privacy & loss of control to the government, not to mention that any crook who really wanted your chip would simply redefine the phrase "loot the bodies") of the Verichip, did they?

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   
They actually mentioned that there is some resistance to the chips because of privacy type issues.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I see that as a privacy issue, too. If you're trying to get away from someone who wants to harm you, all the bad guy needs is some tracking receiver to locate your chip.

Just imagine the feeling of power the person who controls these chips has!

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 08:44 PM
link   
If you want to eat at all in the future,

you will take the chip.

check out this session recorded in 1994 as posted at cassiopaea.org

Q: (L) "Compels all alike, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to be marked with an inscription on their right hand or on their foreheads...." What
is this inscription?
A: Visa ID number.
Q: (L) Is this going to be actually physically put on our bodies?
A: Encoded.
Q: (L) How? Is that what the aliens do when they abduct people?
A: No.
Q: (L) How is it going to be done?
A: Stamped.
Q: (L) By what technical means?
A: Electronic encoding. A series of numbers.
Q: (L) Are they going to put these on our skins or imbed them in the skin on our heads or hand...?
A: Yes.
Q: (L) Does that mean that you will have to place your hand on an electronic scanner in order to conduct any type of monetary transaction?
A: Precisely.
Q: (L) Okay, it says: "Here is room for discernment, a call for the wisdom of interpretation, let him who has intelligence, penetration, insight enough calculate the
number of the Beast, for it is a human number, the number of a certain man, his number is 666. What does this mean?
A: Visa as explained previously. Everyone will get their own number and it will be a Visa number, the number of the Beast.

scary isn't it?

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I was just on the verichip corporate website, what a scary place!. One of the descriptions for the chips use was for "military and govt security purposes" and that their approach to this product/service was to market it as the universal ID system of tomorrow. I also checked their prices.. its 9.95/ month for their services...

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 05:47 AM
link   
i picked up a london paper on the train the other day and saw this verichip thing. my first thoughts were "jesus henrietta christ!".

sounds crazy to me. it wont go down well.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 06:11 AM
link   
# the verichip for a joke.

I refuse to get something that can be hijacked and I have to go get cut out of my body.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by groovyguru
I also checked their prices.. its 9.95/ month for their services...

Oh great...

...Even the Jews in Nazi Germany got their ID marks for free...

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 06:13 PM
link   
if anyone thinks this is a good idea they are just plain stupid. Why do people keep giving up their freedom

new topics

top topics

join