It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Ello everyone out there hows it goin. Now im just wonderin especialy to u lot over in the US what do you know/think of us down under. I hope you know we are the only contry on the planet (or off the planet for that matter) that has fought with you in every war u have been in. That is every war since we were created in 1901. Just think about it.

Anyway yer any coments on the lot down ere wood be interesiting im sure.

By the way i am not illiterate i just prefer internet slang when i am writing fast.

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Sorry the topic should have been Chit Chat

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 05:03 AM
link   
...actually, us Kiwis have pretty much fought alongside the Yanks too...the Brits also did...and some nutter in Borneo chased a few japs around with a sharpened stick too so I heard...

...oh, I also moved this thread to the Chit Chat Section for ya...

Peace,
ALIEN

[Edited on 13-11-2002 by alien]

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 05:37 AM
link   
But Aussi Aussi Aussi is the only one who has done everything with the yanks

Thanks mate

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Like what?? Care to list those Wars/Battles?? Which ones was Aussie involved in that NZ wasn't...not meaning to be argumentative, just would actually like to know

[Edited on 13-11-2002 by alien]

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Arrrggghhh how did that aussie get on the board?

I thought we had a nice big anti aussie fence...

welcome aboard, you semi literate banana bender

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Is it possible to put you two groups together without tables being smashed and Foster's being spilled? Come on, now!

Glad to have you here, and speaking on behalf of every Yank I know, including myself, we love you guys and want to visit sometime.
By the way, N-C, my wife also demands that we visit N-Z one day. She is totally enchanted with your fair country.

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 04:20 PM
link   
One of my all time, hands down favorite place on God's Green Earth that I've had the pleasure to travel to. I just wish we had longer there and in NZ on the way back.

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Well alright then here we go, WWI WWII Korea Vietnam Gulf War the current one plus the next gulf one if that happens. If ive missed any list them and ill tell you. I dont doubt NZ is good lot too but remember the US cancelled ANZUS with NZ because they wouldnt let their ships into NZ. Like i said this isnt a personal issue with New Zealanders or anything.

BTW any useful coments about our or NZs military could get an intersting convo goin.

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 11:13 PM
link   
NZ was present in some form or another...normally in the form of NZSAS or other Military aid during those.

Yes, NZ and the USA parted ways Militarily after the ANZUS/Nuclear Ships episode...but NZ has still actively been involved in most foriegn US Military engagements...including the recent hostilities.

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Yeah hate to break it to ya dellarb, but the kiwis have been in every conflict we've been involved with since federation (and many before that), Anzac holds tight, we go they go, they go we go.

I think we've both been in every U.S conflict, but we missed a few British ones, but the poms seem more ready to go it alone.

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 06:39 AM
link   
what about somalia and cambodia?

i think the aussies got involved with bosnia. couldn't say about the kiwis, you convict-descendants are all alike to me.

- qo.

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 01:18 PM
link   
NZ was involved in Bosnia...mostly in the usual Peace Keeping role.

And Australia is the Convict Colony, not New Zealand...we're the 'Run around in grass skirts and eat anything that moved' Colony...

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Yes we were in bosnia and cambodia. And if u yanks read the books with extracts from the vietcong ull find they rekoned the aussies and kiwis were heaps better fighters than u lot. Just u watch out or us convicts and pot smoking hoola dancers will come over there and give u a good sortin out.

Jokes Jokes all in good spirit

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 02:28 AM
link   
LoL you are going to have to prove to me that there were a few if ANY Aussies in Vietnam, and I'm sorry, but we kicked ass in Vietnam, and yes...more than you.

Problem? Politics, don't restrict your warfare and you'll win, other wise it's withdrawl time.

Hmm but yes...my comment is You weren't in Vietnam, unless it was a few aids or special ops which doesn't count. Our 500,000 at any given time versus even 1,000 Aussies? That's not involvement, that's note taking

Sincerely,
no signature

PS. I think Aussies are still cool though, and have a WAY better society than us, and DAMN! Way more women per guy...maybe that's why you are all so level headed
AND THEY ARE HOT GIRLS TOO!

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I know stupid ass politicians lost vietnam man cmon calm down im just diggin ya. Besides the war was a success. They went 2 war to stop the spread of comunisum and i tell you what it didnt spread very far.

U yanks have gotta slow down relax some and have a few beers.

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 03:59 AM
link   
All them big beaches help the chick factor somewhat.

U should head on down here man

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
LoL you are going to have to prove to me that there were a few if ANY Aussies in Vietnam...

Hmm but yes...my comment is You weren't in Vietnam, unless it was a few aids or special ops which doesn't count.

Ever heard of a Search Engine??? Hit Google and run 'Australian Involvement in Viet Nam'...like I did...and came up with quite a bit. Guess that nullifies your comment then huh.

As for Special Ops not counting...hahaha...it was probably THOSE Special Ops that gathered your 'wonderful all-powerful super-spectacular bow-down and worship us' country's intel so ya actually had a clue what you were firing at.

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Man freemason, you are making a very good argument for expanding the moron awards beyond the S&T forum alone....

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by quiet one
what about somalia and cambodia?

i think the aussies got involved with bosnia. couldn't say about the kiwis, you convict-descendants are all alike to me.

- qo.

Y the aussies sent in the SAS and their paratrooper battalion. They were the only soldiers who were able to completely control the militia's in their sector of Somalia. There is a great display of captured militia weapons at the National War Memorial in Canberra.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join