It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Spurs vs. Lakers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!

I'm just a lowly Jazz fan, looking for one of my favorite layers to get a ring. If that means taking out Duncan, well, do any of you have Tonya Harding's #?

Haha!

I commend the Jazz this year, by the way. Everyone thought they'd suck but they almost made it to the playoffs. I was rooting for them actually.

I think they would have given Minnesota more of a fight than Denver in the first round. Because I think Utah was 2 and 2 this regular season vs. Minnesota.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Yeah, Slaon did a hell of a coaching job this year, that's for sure. Even though I knew they wouldn't get anywhere, I was hoping for a trip to the playoffs, just for pride. Only a game away, not too bad. I saw one of the guys on Around the Horn say about the Jazz lineup that Sloan would meet the starting point guard (for the very first time) 5 minutes before the game, that's how many injuries they were getting.
That's a world of difference from having Stockton, who missed like 6 games in 18 years...

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Lakers win last night to tie the series 2 to 2.

Well I was wrong about San Antonio winning easy but I still think San Antonio will win this series eventually.

Ben

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
they need to contain shaq somehow, and Parker needs to get going like he did in the first two games in order for them to win some more.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
if the refs allow physical play to people other than Bruce Bowen and Ginobli, it pretty much neutralizes their defensive effectiveness (cmon, you KNOW Bruce is allowed WAAY more hand checking/physical D than everyone else, everyone in the league and their moms have complained about it).

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Well tonight will be interesing.

It's the Spurs first "must-win" game of this postseason. After 17 wins in a row. They've now dropped 2 straight to the Lakers.

Remember 5 p.m. Pacific Standard Time tonight on ABC.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Mulder
Well tonight will be interesing.

Remember 5 p.m. Pacific Standard Time tonight on ABC.

that's 8 PM for those of us on the right hand coast...
Should be a great game, and early enough I won't be late for work tomorrow...

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
oh yeahhh this just turned into a 2 point game....i love it

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Why did the Lakers have to win?
They got so lucky. Is it Fate? Of Course it is.
Their fate is to advance and get swept by the Kings

To be honost, though I like neither team... This was by far one of the best games I've ever seen.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Lucky? Heh. Lucky they lost a 15 point lead. Yep. Lucky that Duncan got a miracle shot? Yeah.

I hope the Kings win now; no championship run is complete without a physical and mental bashing of Sacramento. And I love the camera swoops on the incredibly attractive Sac-Town fans ;D

heh j/k, my reaction to todays game was actually

O_O

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
"Bzzzzz" me twice, hehe. Because I was wrong about the Lakers on both counts. I thought the Spurs would win this series and win easy. Now I can't possibly see the Spurs winning Game 6 at Staples of all places with their hearts broken.

I give props to the Lakers. Nice job.

I only saw bits and pieces of it and I saw the15-point lead in the 2nd half. So I would say Fisher's and Duncan's shots were lucky. But other than that it was the Lakers' game to take.

Originally posted by Cannon:

Lucky? Heh. Lucky they lost a 15 point lead. Yep. Lucky that Duncan got a miracle shot? Yeah.

I hope the Kings win now; no championship run is complete without a physical and mental bashing of Sacramento.

Well I can't say anything at the moment because we still have to worry about Minnesota, hehe.

And I love the camera swoops on the incredibly attractive Sac-Town fans ;D

Hey man! I live in the Sacramento area. We can't help it if we can't afford fake, breast implants for all the women here like you guys can down there!

[Edited on 05/14/2004 by Fox Mulder]

Ben

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Do you actually think fisher hit that shot. NOOOOO.

There is no way a person can get a shot off in .4 seconds, i dont think so, come on. Is this even possible.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Mulder

Hey man! I live in the Sacramento area. We can't help it if we can't afford fake, breast implants for all the women here like you guys can down there!

LOL , so true

That makes me cry

seriously Staples Center has to be the greatest place in the world to people watch...no where else does so much plastic and silicone congregate in one area

[Edited on 04/10/03 by Cannon]

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
Do you actually think fisher hit that shot. NOOOOO.

There is no way a person can get a shot off in .4 seconds, i dont think so, come on. Is this even possible.

seriously thats not even possible unless u TIP the shot in from 15 feet out....

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osobad28:

seriously thats not even possible unless u TIP the shot in from 15 feet out....

Heh, well it's a rule. .3 or less you can only tip it in. .4 or above. Catch and shoot baby.

Anyways, anybody fault "Pop" (Greg Popovich) for not having Horry or somebody guard the inbounds passer (Gary Payton)? I don't fault him because I've seen Kobe hit so many big shots. The last game of the regular season Kobe hit that game-winner at the Rose Garden and Ruben Patterson fouled him for what should have been a 4-point play!
If Fisher hits that shot, I would just say, "It's not meant to be" to win that game for the Spurs.

Also what happened to Tony Parker after Games 1 and 2.
The Lakers just made him disappear.

[Edited on 05/16/2004 by Fox Mulder]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join