It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: San Antonio vs. LA Lakers - 2nd Rd.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
Ben

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It's halftime and The Spurs have been very dominate. The Lakers looked sluggish and out of placed without Jackson at the sideline. Spurs are looking to go up in this series and then hopefully close out the Lakers at home. I wonder what kindof adjustments the Lakers are going to make at halftime.

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I guess the Lakers didnt miss Phil today beating the Spurs to tie the series. I think the difference was free throws. Kobe made some big plays. What was that bonehead thinking at the end when the Spurs were down by 3 and he inbounded the ball right to Kobe, then he made his free throws and it was over. Best of 3 now, its anyones series.

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
yeah, I dont think Kobe attempted more than a couple perimeter shots in the second half; he just drove into the basket

Ben

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 08:16 AM
link   
If any of you guys noticed that during the the Lakers and the Spurs game, the Spurs got most of the fould calls in their favor when they were home, and the Lakers got most in their favor when they were home. Some of the fouls that were called on the Spurs were not even fouls i couldn't believe it at all.
During the contest between these two the announcers made a good comment. That when a foul is called agaisnt the Lakers they turn and look at the Ref and just about say why did you call that foul on me. It's like the Lakers expect to get every call in their favor. It should be interesting to see how the refs do the next game.

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well the last 2 games the pressure was on the Lakers to win those games, now it's back to San Antonio to win this game.

Anybody notice the parallel between this series and Minnesota. The Timberwolves had a great chance to take Game 4 to take a commanding 3 to 1 series lead over the Lakers and after that they fell apart. San Antonio had a great chance to do that yesterday but they didn't do it. Interesting, to see how they cope with the pressure tomorrow night.

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Close call for the Spurs tonight, holding on to win 96-94. Back to LA, I'd be willing to bet the Lakers win that one and send it to 7.

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 12:15 AM
link   
yikes. Lucky for the Spurs they managed to escape an embarassing collapse

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
If Horry had hit that shot, the series would have been over because that would have been a devastating loss.

Up 25, lose at home. They would have gotten blown out tonight.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
bah, I have not seen the Lakers play like this for a loooooonngg time. I have to give it to the Spurs, they simply outplayed the Lakers in every aspect of the game this series.

We'll get another crack at it next year...

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 12:35 AM
link   
My prayers have been answered, LA is out!

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osobad28
My prayers have been answered, LA is out!

No offense Cannon, but I am thrilled as well to see the Lakers out of the playoffs. I think three in a row is enough, time for somebody else to win it. The Spurs and whoever wins the SAC-Dallas series will be a great Western finals matchup.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 09:59 PM
link   
none taken. I'm quite used to everyone around me hating L.A., probably one main reason why i'm a huge fan

[Edited on 04/10/03 by Cannon]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join