It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: San Antonio vs. LA Lakers - 2nd Rd.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 01:05 AM
link   
What are your predictions for this series? If I heard correctly, the Spurs won the season series 4-0. I think the Spurs will knock off the Lakers this year but I think it will take 7 games.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I think the Lakers will take this one in 7.

Ben

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 08:09 AM
link   
PA you do remember correctly the Spurs swept the series. BUt also if you remember Kobe saying after they got sweeped that they were going to sweep the Spurs. Which of course is easier said than done. Kobe and Shaq are going to need all the help they can get in order to beat the young spurs. Being young will hurt the spurs. But they have a lot of firepower. The loss of fox will now hurt the Lakers more than ever. With his verteran playing gone. Somebody is going to have to step up, going to be hard for the lakers to stop Duncan and David. And don't forget the point gaurds. Not to sure who will win this series but it will go to 7 games.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   
either way this will probably be a really fun series to watch..I think the Lakers will unfortunately take em out.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I think Spurs in 7.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Lakers six, you can take the regular season series and throw it out the window

I'm anticipating a fired-up Shaq considering that it is an absolute disgrace that Duncan has received 2 MVPs before him.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I will say this though.

Spurs need to win tonight because if the Lakers come in there and take Game 1 at the Spurs' place, the Spurs are going to be like, "Uh oh, it's happening to us again".

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Huge win in game 1 for the Spurs. I thought Kobe was going to bring the Lakers back himself with those three pointers at the end. Shaq fouling out hurt them, the Spurs really frustrated Shaq tonight and Duncan played like the MVP. I hope the Spurs can keep playing this way and knock off the Lakers.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Yeah, great start to the series for the Spurs tonight.

Still the pressure is on them to hold serve on their homecourt and win Game 2.

Ben

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The Spurs played like the best team in the West. Duncan played a solid game all-around and he even wanted to guard shaq at somepoints in the game. The pressure will be on the Spurs to win game 2, but there is going to be a lot of pressure of Phil Jackson now. With George getting injuryed how is he going to adjust his line-up, and his players can't afford now to get into foul trouble.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I didnt really see either team play well at all. The Spurs won because of their definite advantage in depth I think.

Ben

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Lakers lose again

The Spurs beat the Lakers 114 to 95 last night. And the Spurs dominated this game in every single way, the Spurs took it to the Lakers and if the Spurs keep playing like this I don't see the Lakers winning a game. Bowen played awesome 7 of 8 from the three point line. GO SPURS

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 10:17 PM
link   
A team isn't in trouble until they lose a game at home. Until that happens I have faith that the Lakers will win two home games and be right back in the series.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I dont think the Lakers will be able to overcome the depth of the Spurs, especially with the injury to Fox and now the sprained ankle of Devean George.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 11:34 PM
link   
shhh, let me stay within my small realm of illusion while it lasts

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 02:39 AM
link   
You know what, Cannon?

I think with Webber's injury, if the Lakers win on Sunday to tie this series, I would give them a better than 50/50 chance at the 4-peat.

Because you know Dallas can't beat them.

Ben

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   
LA is going to have a hard time winning this series. I hope that LA won't win but there is still a good chance. They played a solid game last night. Jack got involved and pumped up the crowd. Kobe dominated the game. And this time the Lakers played great D, and the Spurs didn't.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cannon
shhh, let me stay within my small realm of illusion while it lasts

LMAO, I didn't know you were a Lakers fan.

This series is by no means over. The Lakers bounced back big last night at home, they have a little momentum now. I think this next game is huge, I think if the Spurs win they will win the series and if the Lakers win I think this series is going 7 games, then who knows???

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican:

I think this next game is huge, I think if the Spurs win they will win the series and if the Lakers win I think this series is going 7 games, then who knows???

I totally agree with that. If the Spurs win, as great at the Lakers are, I just don't see them winning 3 straight from San Antonio.

If the Lakers win, flip a coin, gentlemen, because I could certainly see the Lakers winning Game 7 in San Antonio.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 11:53 PM
link   
"Los Angeles Lakers coach Phil Jackson underwent an angioplasty Saturday after experiencing tightness and pain in his chest for about a week."

"The procedure to open Jackson's left anterior descending artery lasted a little over two hours, team spokesman John Black said."

sports.espn.go.com...

When I heard of this, I thought for sure he'd miss Game 4 but in this article the doc says if all goes well he will be there. How much of a disadvantage do you think it would be to the Lakers to not have Phil on the sideline for Game 4? Its obviously a huge turning point game in the series.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join