It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Pats lose Harrison

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I saw the tackle earlier on today, they repeated the game on cable. It looked well bad as his leg was taken out and it sorta went the wrong way. Could it be the end of his career?

Patriots safety Rodney Harrison tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee and will miss the rest of the season, according to a report Monday by the Boston Globe, which quoted an anonymous source close to the situation.

Foxsports.com

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
All these injuries for the patriots is what's going to result in the meltdown of their dynasty... I don't expect them in the SB this year.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
A torn ACL used to mean the end of a players career, but several guys have come back from this injury, most notably Garrison Hearst.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
A torn ACL used to mean the end of a players career, but several guys have come back from this injury, most notably Garrison Hearst.

True but the loss of a Back of his magnitude is HUGE. Him, Bruski, it's over. In another division I'd say that the playoffs were out of reach but they're a good club in a weak division. With Brady at the helm and Belicheck doing what he does, they should still make the playoffs.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Oh yeah, the Patsies are SOL now fo rthe season, but Harrison should be able to make a comeback, no problem. I think that the Patsies were hurt the most by the loss of Bruschi, IMHO. They can still get both of them back for next year, though, and make it 4 Super Bowls in 6 years, ala some team from Pittsburgh...

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I think the Patriots are done from reaching the SB for a few years. If they do make the SB, I don't think they'll have the ability to continue winning it. The Steelers will be the ones to beat for the next two or so years.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GiantsFan
I think the Patriots are done from reaching the SB for a few years. If they do make the SB, I don't think they'll have the ability to continue winning it. The Steelers will be the ones to beat for the next two or so years.

Are we forgetting the NFC?

Bucs, Philly, Falcons, Pantha's, many more. Like the Niners!

Just kidding on the last one.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
He'll have a good chance to comeback as long as it heals well after the surgery. If rehab goes well, he'll be back. I wonder if his mental approach will still be there though? I hear that a lot of times physical players keep their injury tucked away in the back of their mind and sometimes don't play like they used to. I hope he comes back mentally and physically 100%. I like his in your face style of play.

IMO, Patriots = lock for the playoffs. They'll find a way just because of the experience they have on the team. That coaching staff are masters of pulling a team together with a "us against the world" mentality and getting 110% from every single player.

I think they miss the super bowl this year to the Steelers or the Colts. If the Colts defense is for real (I need a few more weeks before I'm sold) then I pick the Colts. If the Colt's D falters, then I go with the Steelers. My sleeper is the Bengals (not much of a sleeper, but hey). I also like the Chargers if they can get their game back on track.

I don't see anyone in the NFC beating the AFC this year in the Superbowl. It could happen, but if I was betting I'd put it on the AFC again this year.

[Edited on 9/29/05 by nekbone]

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I placed my bets on the Redskins, Vikings (du'oh), and the Jags...

I'm sure Harrison will be back, and I think having him and Bruschi together for one last hurrah will put them over the top. But that's next year, kids. You too, Ming.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Ming would love to see Rodney back - but based on the reports Ming has studied, it is unlikely.

Notwithstanding that loss and the loss of Ted Johnson and the loss of Bruschi, The Pats remain a formidable foe. Just ask Sarge Slaughter and his band of losers in Pittsburgh.

NE has very few supewrstars (maybe Seymuour on D and Brady are exceptions) but every one else is just one row behind the superstars: that is what makes them so dangerous.

If any of you think the Colts new "Super D" is for real, Ming says you are kidding yourselves. What is most interesting to Ming is not that phoney baloney defense that Indy is putting up, but the inexplicable lack of offense from Peyton & Co. As they are playing right now, NE will eat them alive - count on it.

Ming has spoken. Thus it is and thus it shall be.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I used to love Ming back in the day, but I must disagree here, if I may sir.

Indy has the best defensive end in the league this year in Freeney. Freeney alone makes their whole defensive line better since he has to be double teamed and I've even seen some triple teams on him this year. The other linemen see single blocking almost all the time. The secondary doesn't have to cover as long either. With Freeney and Co. putting insane pressure on the opposing QB, he knows he has to get rid of the ball or he's going down. Have you seen any of Indy's games this year? If so then I'm sure you've seen how fast pressure gets to the opponents QB every week. Freeney was routinely blowing by (and I mean blowing by) perennial Pro Bowler Jonathan Ogen when they played the Ravens. Ogden, who many think is on his way to the Hall of Fame if he stays healthy, needed help to block Freeney. Almost every play.

Indy's D: 2nd in the League in Forced Fumbles; Tied for 11th in INTs; 2nd in Sacks; 1st in the League in Points allowed.

They are also monsters in the Red Zone. I'm not saying they will end up the best D in the League by the end of the year, or even in the top 5. I do believe, though, that their defense is for real. If Dungy has the players then he can use his Defensive Scheme to the fullest; this is his best crop of Defensive Players yet. I think Indy's D will easily end up in the upper half of the League which is more than enough for the Colts. If this turns out to be true, then it is more than anyone expected and definately "for real".

Who have the Colts played? Jacksonville (16th in the League in YPG, the Jags put up 26 points each against the Jets and Seattle - only 3 pts against the Colts), Cleveland (10th in the League in YPG, the Brownies put up 26 and 18 pts against the Packers and Cincinatti (the Bengals have the #2 scoring Defense in the League) but only 6 against Freeney and Friends) and Baltimore (I can't show anything for the Ravens Offensively, they are just pitiful:lol

I think the Colts are for real. Will they come down to earth as the season goes on? I think so, but I think they will still be in the top half of the league easily, probably in the top 10.

[Edited on 9/30/05 by nekbone]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Ming will learn he is mistaken about Indy, they are the cream of th ecrop in the AFC, and thus the NFL. I don't recall if they play each other during the season or not?

top topics

join