It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Week 15 Jaguars vs. Packers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Its gonna be cold... Weather reports showing 8 degree highs with a good chance of snow. Jacksonville better bring their long-johns with them to Lambeau on Sunday. The pack can clinch a playoff birth with a win. They haven't looked like a playoff team in the past two weeks. They have something to prove to me and the rest of their devoted friends.

Oh yeah... If you thought that win was nuts last week... Apparently the wind speed will be double that on Sunday...

I'm Picking the Pack by 7....

[Edited on 12/17/04 by Lostsailor]

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I gotta go withJacksonville here. They've got a pretty good team put together, and they are also in the hunt for a playoff spot. And they don't have a problem with the cold like the Bucs do...

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Looks like they're still calling for snow.

Should be a heavy dose of Ahman Green vs Freddie Taylor. I like the Jags as well this Sunday.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I dunno Guys, I know the Pack have looked anything but good the past few weeks... But the Pack has a decent run defense. The Packs hole-filled, injury laden secondary, will be helped by 20 mph winds and probable snow. I think the Jags will be more concerned with getting back to Jacksonville then playing in this kind of weather. I'll stick with the Pack here.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Well, it will be the coldest day of the year on Sunday. The high temperature may reach the teens when the sun is out, but since it's a late afternoon game, most of the game will be played after the sun has gone down, so it will be even colder than that. Plus factoring the wind chill, this is perfect Green Bay Packer weather.

This is the weather that makes football great in December. Coach Sherman's record is a great 18-3 after December 1 and Brett Favre has only lost one game in his career with the temperature under 40 degrees. With that advantage in mind, you couldn't pick a better opponent to play in the freezing conditions at Lambeau Field than a team coming up from Florida, the Jacksonville Jaguars.

www.packers.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Ah, but rtules were made to be broken...

TRD

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I like the Packers for this one.

I'll try to think of some reasons why later...

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
14-10 Jags at the half.

The Pack are roughing up Leftwich but he's showing his toughness in the sub-zero temps. Green Bay's offense hasn't found the end zone yet as their TD was on a fumble return by Darren Sharper.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Sorry to be so late in commenting on this game. But, seriously, I expected a Jag win all the way. Bret's agood guy, bu the pack just don't have what it takes.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Green Bay Packers wide receiver Robert Ferguson suffered a sprained neck with 4:41 remaining in Sunday's game vs. Jacksonville. He will be kept at Bellin Hospital in Green Bay overnight for observation and further evaluation.

Ferguson has movement and sensation in all four of his extremities and is resting comfortably, according to Packers head trainer Pepper Burruss.

An evaluation will be made throughout this week by the team's medical staff relative to Ferguson's availability for Friday's game at Minnesota.

I dunno if you guys saw this hit... But that was a blatent attempt to injure another player... He's extremely lucky Ferguson isn't paralized... or worse dead....................

Oh it's a tough year to be a Packer fan... That last pick by Favre in the endzone just about killed me. The funny thing is I still thought we had a chance until that onside kick was recoverd by the Jags......

C'mon Minnesota... You'll have to play one hell of a pissed off Packer team on Friday.

[Edited on 12/20/04 by Lostsailor]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
From what I saw, it looked like a legitimate mistake by Donovin Darius. HYe deserved to get ejected, and a hefty fine, but I don't think he honestly meant to take his head off.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
it was a dirty hit, a clothesline shot against a guy that had no chance to defend himself, i think a suspension is in order....the packers as a whole looked pretty mediocre, this is a game that they should have won

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The reason that I beleive it was an honest mistake is because it was so vicious. I just don't beleive that any player would be so stupid to intentionally hit someone like that, and it is plausible that he was going forthe ball, like he said. But, i agree, he needs to be penalized for the play, as he shouldn't have made such a stupid mistake that possibly could have seriously injred another player like that, and he needs to be taught a lesson on this.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Earthlings, Ming refers to you in his comments in the thread re Darius's fine. BTW, Gibbsburger - you are dead wrong on this one.

[Edited on 12/21/04 by MingMercil]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
deadwrong, Ming?

look at my comments on the other thread...

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
SILENCE! Ming has reviewed all threads. Ming has made his ruling. There is no appeal. There is no instant replay. There is no red flag to be thrown. There is no second chance. There is no second look. There is no double guess. Please, for your own safety and that of all of the others, Gibbs Baby!, accept what is so.

top topics

join