It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: "T O" mocking Ray Lewis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Did anyone see Terell Owens mock Ray Lewis? I missed it but heard it was really disrespectful. Can anyone fill me in?

TRD

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Terrell Owens gave Ray Lewis some dance tips, mocking the All-Pro linebacker with a few of his own moves and making even more enemies in Baltimore. He did the dance that Lewis does when he comes out on to the pitch/field at the start of a game...

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Ouch. That's gotta piss some ppl off. Glad it wasn't a Raider he made fun of! lol

TRD

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Hehe

Well T.O said he did his best to copy the dance but it was a bit naff..

Ravens players, including Lewis, didn't like Owens's antics. "Don't be a coward and wait until you make one play to do something," Lewis said. Owens didn't care.

"I had a little fun out there," Owens said. "I can't do it like he does, but I tried my best. If you don't like what I do, stop me from getting in the end zone

Unfortunately, Lewis didn't find Owens' mimicry all that flattering. In fact, if it's possible, T.O's dance seemed to make the rift between the players even bigger.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
i've heard a lot of talk about this, and i've decided that this is what i want to say about it: we need players like t.o. in the nfl. i think it's so much classier to be an emmit smith or a barry sanders and just give the ball to the ref, and i think that's a much better option. but i heard someone say that that would make the nfl boring. while i don't quite feel the nfl would be boring, and i think the nfl and college need to crack down on certain celebrations (like first down ones) i think we need people like t.o. so that we have stuff to talk about, and i'll admit it, i love watching him play because i wanna know what he's going to do next. and he backs it up, and i respect that. i don't have an issue with him at all.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
the nfl will get boring if they allow some of the stupid penalities that are going on right now. Not hitting a defenseless wr, come on isnt the nfl all about hitting a player and giving him a good liking so that he will be scared to go into that area again, but once you hit a player who misses the ball or drops it and you are in motion, you are going to get a penalty which sucks

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
yeah but there's a certain amount of caution you have to take. we don't want people to get hurt. there are certain hits that warrant being punished. i think they need to take into effect the speed of the game, but you really can't be just drilling guys for no good reason.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Aren't there more penalties now than there used to be?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
yeah a lot more cause they're trying to crack down. there are also a lot more fines and such, but i just, they need to crack down on things like cheering after first downs and such. i dunno, i just don't think they need to make football into a two hand touch kind of sport.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Now the Raiders are really screwed! The most penalties in the NFL last year and well on their way this year. Oh well! Gotta be first in something! lol I think that vets like Sapp and Washington could harden the skulls of some of the rookies and teach them not to make penalties. If there were any more penalties in the NFL, players would have to start walking down the field instead of running! lol

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
yipes. well i'm not necessarily we need more like generic penalties, but we really need to crack down on like, everyone celebrating after they make a freaking first down. pretty soon football games are gonna be like 8 hours long, so everyone can celebrate after every freaking play.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It seems that they are sometimes...

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I agree with celebrating after a first-down. Pretty pathetic if you have to celebrate after one. However, I wish they wouldn't have made the penalty of "excessive celebration." Who cares if they dance in the endzone and get out a sharpie? Who cares if they all group together and someone "takes" a picture of them? Who cares if they do the Beonce Bounce? (aka Crazy Love). I thought those were so funny. We need more humor in the NFL but please don't bring back Dennis Miller! :angry-smiley-034:

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
F.Y.I.

We make the I Love(heart) T.O. t-shirt that he was wearing on ESPN the Monday and Tuesday after the Ray Lewis dance. If interested in owning one, email me at [email protected]. $10

And Ray Lewis should shut his mouth, he watched a murder take place in my city and jumped in his limo and dipped. So in my eyes, Ray Lewis should never be allowed to open his trap.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
one thing i do have to say. ray lewis lost points in my book when he called t.o. a coward for mocking him in the game, you don't wanna do it, then play defense. when hines ward scored and did the eagle dance thing, t.o. didn't do anything, and i respect that. you gotta know when you're beat, and you gotta just step back. at least i didn't hear t.o. say anything, anyone know if he did? or did he just take it like a man?

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
just put your talk on the field and leave it there

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Did anyone see T.O. bitchin at McNabb the other day? McNabb didn't want to hear it. Kept walkin away and walkin away and walkin away but T.O. kept following him around like a lost puppy, whining. GET OVER IT. YOU LOST. YOU CAN'T CHANGE IT BY BITCHING AT YOUR QB!!!!!!!!!!

Ben

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
T.O. had stated that it was because he wanted to win, and was trying to pump up his qb, into winning and such, but i think it wasjust because he wasnt getting the ball as much as he would like to have

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
it's hard to tell what it was, but mcnabb, didn't wanna hear it from anyone at that point in time. supposedly to was just trying to pump him up. i'd believe that, but i'm sure he was whining a little too. at least he didn't take it out in public, and he took it up with mcnabb personally.

Ben

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
i dont think winning is how you get your point across

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join