It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Phrase "Never Forget" origin?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Hello all. I`ve been a long term lurker but just wanted to contribute.

The phrase "Never Forget".. gets me wondering, was it actually said by someone on the streets? a grieving relative? or some PR company who wanted to cash in on trinkets, mugs, Tshirts etc? It just sounds too well thought out to have just come out of such a tragedy and so quicky, I think it must have been around hours after the event.

Just wondering aloud really..

Cheers,
.e

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   
eRnie,
Greetings and welcome.
Question:
Why, specifically, are you linking the phrase "Never Forget" to just 9/11?

The phrase or word usage of "Never Forget" has been used repeatedly in history.
Example:
The phrase was used in conjunction to the Holocaust, US POW's/Veterens, elephants, Oklahoma City Bombing, Love, Chernobyl, etc.....
I do think the reason you see it used more so now is because of the recent 9/11 tragic events but the phrase has been around for a very, very long time.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 27-11-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I think it's very important that we never forget the terrible things that have happened in history otherwise they may happen again.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
eRnie,
Greetings and welcome.
Question:

Example:
The phrase was used in conjunction to the Holocaust, US POW's/Veterens, elephants, Oklahoma City Bombing, Love, Chernobyl, etc.....
I do think the reason you see it used more so now is because of the recent 9/11 tragic events but the phrase has been around for a very, very long time.

regards
seekerof

very true, it's even seen in "memorial" tattoos in many languages.
much like "In Memory Of" is used globaly

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 05:26 PM
link   
ok fair point, I was just feeling pretty cynical and thinking it sounded more like a PR campaign. No disrespect to the familys of the victims intended btw.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
eRnie,
Greetings and welcome.
Question:

Example:

regards
seekerof

HAHAHA elephants.... I didnt catch that at first. Good one!(even if you werent joking around, good one anyway)

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The "Never Forget" stuff can go a bit to far though...

Scooby Says: "Re rill never forget"

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 06:03 PM
link   
hehehe, just joking here Flinx, but is that your truck?

Seriously though, I would agree with what you are indicating.

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Don't listen to Seekerof, he's not in touch with reality. The reality is that (first admitting that the phrase "never forget" has been used throughout history) this phrase "never forget" has become very strongly associated with the 911 attacks and this guy Seekerof is making it look like, "oh, that's just a tired, worn out prase" when I actually understand what you mean. Many people DO associate it with the 911 attacks and your question is really like, "who originally associated this expression with September 11", that's what your question really should be. This Seekerof person is WRONG, he doesn't want to acknowledge the basis of your question, which is basically asking who can we attribute the credit to attaching that particular expression to the 9/11 attacks, that's what his "SUPERIOR INTELLECT is missing, he's too busy trying to mingle his lofty aspirations of impressing others with attempting to solve an important question that he chooses to miss the point (I think on purpose).

Look, I googled this and found this link, www.chicagonow.com... and I thought it was quite sweet on the lines of what you wanted to know, and that is, who coined this phrase of Never Forget to the 9/11 attacks. I don't think it exactly answers the question in so much as it does a LOT MORE than this Seekerof does, it ACKNOWLEDGES the fact that that expression has somehow stuck to the 9/11 event and finding out WHO first used it in reference to the attack is a VERY IMPORTANT question! If Seekerof has any merit to his name, let him start doing his/her homework in this arena and may he/she/it post an answer. I'm sorry to be so sarcastic with the he/she/it junk but it's just where we are in this post 9/11 world right now. This internet and world wide web has allowed so many people to share such despicable things and has helped people turn themselves over to lust after the perversions that attract their attention and I'm only being cognizant of this and giving it some respect, maybe that's TOO MUCH though. Anyway, go ahead and use Freudian logic to see what mental problems I have to say all this so that you can support your side Mr. or Mrs. Seekerof, but honestly, the people aren't stupid, they ALREADY SEE THE TRUTH, you failed to answer the question, unfortunately much as I have, but at least I acknowledged that there was a question and you made it look like there wasn't even a question, like a moot point. PS: clearly everything doesn't have to be psycho-sexual, I agree, and I'm not stating that that is the case with your answer, it's actually more the case with mine I suppose it could be said but I see your answer, it reeks with the dung heap of this kind of malarkey and I just responded in kind. Your response Seekerof reeks with self puffiness, you're like the Lucifer in Heaven, you answer like you're just SO SMART and everyone else is just SO IGNORANT - WRONG! PS to the PS: I hate that this ATS system made me attach my Facebook profile to this declaration (aka: rant) but that's the way they have it set up so if you all on Facebook see this, please disregard my statement if it's not accompanied by the initial question of "eRnie" and the rather dorky answer of "Seekerof". Thank you.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 1AlexR

The person you are discussing has not logged in since 2011.

top topics

join