It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Washington Redskins

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
Ben

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   
So far during this off-season the Redskins signed a lot of star players, but they also lost a key back in Davis, this team had an ok season last, year will Steve help get his quaterbacks under control and led them to a better season?

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I think losing Stephen Davis could hurt the Skins, he is a good running back. They have improved in other areas though, I guess we'll see what happens.

TRD

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Well one of the things that plagued the Redskins last season was the
inconsistancy of the offence line...The 'Skins hope that changes with the addition of guards Dave Fiore and Randy Thomas...Alongside tackles Jon Jansen, Chris Samuels and center Larry Moore, Fiore and Thomas give the Redskins what appears to be one of the league's more formidable offensive lines....
And yes youv'e guessed it the Redskins are my favourite NFL team....

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD

Oh no, not a Redskins fan. I hate the
Skins !!

They are a big rival with my team, the Cowboys.

TRD

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican

Originally posted by TRD

Oh no, not a Redskins fan. I hate the
Skins !!

They are a big rival with my team, the Cowboys.

Oh yes Redskins Fan thats me...Seems we have another battle then waht with the Phillies and the A's..It just keeps getting better..

TRD

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Steve Spurrier reached to a familiar place for the Washington Redskins' first pick in the NFL draft, selecting Florida wide receiver Taylor Jacobs 44th overall.

Spurrier, who is in his second season as Redskins coach, knows Jacobs after recruiting and coaching him as a collegian at Florida.

The Gators' go-to receiver last season, Jacobs caught 64 passes for 1,000 yards and three touchdowns despite missing nearly three full games with a knee injury.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
"Big Daddy" needs a team.

Unable to resolve their contract differences, the Washington Redskins on Tuesday terminated the contract of starting defensive tackle Dan Wilkinson, as veteran club officials did not feel could he play up to his scheduled $3.5 million salary for 2003.

The move, rumored for months, came one day after Redskins management held the nine-year veteran out of Monday's opening camp practice, and following hours of negotiations with Wilkinson and agent Brig Owens here on Tuesday morning.

Washington officials wanted Wilkinson to lower his base salary to $2 million, but with a chance to earn back the $1.5 million difference through incentives. Sources said that, if he had played about 60 percent of the snaps, Wilkinson would have recouped the pay cut. But the player and his agent wanted to craft a deal in which Wilkinson would have had to log just 60 percent of the non-"nickel" defense snaps.

Wilkinson, 30, had a career-low 16 tackles in 2002 and failed to register a sack. Even for a player whose primary responsibility is to anchor the middle, and allow the linebackers to run to the ball, 16 tackles is an alarmingly low total.

TRD

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Laveranues Coles hauled in a 38-yard touchdown from Patrick Ramsey on a flea flicker as the Washington Redskins earned their first pre-season victory with a 24-3 win over the Baltimore Ravens.

Ramsey handed off to tailback Chad Morton, who flipped it back to Ramsey.

The quarterback then heaved it to Coles, who caught the pass in the end zone behind linebacker Ray Lewis and safety Ed Reed to give the Redskins a 17-0 lead with just under 12 minutes left before halftime.

Baltimore split time among its two quarterbacks.

Rookie Kyle Boller started and completed 14-of-20 passes for 101 yards.

He directed an 11-play, 61-yard drive that resulted in a 24-yard field goal by Matt Stover with six seconds remaining in the opening half.

Chris Redman was 17-of-28 for 163 yards and one interception, but he failed to get his team in the end zone after an interception return by Baltimore's Lamont Brightful to the Washington 15-yard line.

Trung Canidate carried eight times for just 20 yards, including a three-yard TD run early in the second quarter for the Redskins.

Sultan McCullough had 38 yards rushing, including a 15-yard TD in the fourth.

Canidate's touchdown was set up by a pair of costly penalties.

Ravens cornerback Chris McAlister was called for a blow to the head and Lewis was whistled for a 15-yard personal foul on a catch by Coles.

Ben

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I can see that the Redskins are going to have a good season with all the new players that they recevied. But i dont think that Coles is going to have the same type of sucess he did with the Jets.

TRD

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 06:36 PM
link   
So hows the redskins doing? we looking good this season?

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
So hows the redskins doing? we looking good this season?

I think so. I think you guys would might have won last week had Ramsey not missed that open guy for the 2-pt. conversion.

TRD

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 06:47 PM
link   
damm oh well a way t go yet...

shame we dont get the games over here,its the same as the baseball only one game shown on TV a week...we don't even get highlights of the games after they have been played either...

[Edited on 10/10/03 by TRD]

TRD

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 05:56 AM
link   
After beginning the year on top of the world, quarterback Rob Johnson has fallen hard.

Johnson, who served as Brad Johnson's back-up on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' Super Bowl championship team last season, was released on Wednesday by the Washington Redskins.

Appearing in just two games for the Redskins after signing as a free agent in March, Johnson completed 5-of-7 passes for 39 yards and was sacked three times.

He also rushed for six yards on one carry.

After breaking several passing records at Southern California, Johnson was drafted by Jacksonville, where he saw action in just six games over three seasons.

He moved on to Buffalo and made 26 starts in four seasons before joining Tampa Bay in 2002.

To replace Johnson, Washington signed quarterback Tim Hasselbeck.

Hasselbeck signed with Buffalo as an undrafted free agent in 2001 after starring at Boston College but was released before training camp that season.

Hasselbeck spent time on the rosters of Philadelphia and Carolina, but has yet to take a snap in a regular-season game.

He completed 21-of-39 passes for 205 yard this pre-season for the Eagles.

Hasselbeck is son of former NFL tight end Don Hasselbeck and brother of Seattle quarterback Matt Hasselbeck.

Ben

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It looks like the "Fun and Gun" offense isnt doing to well. Patrick Ramsey had one of the hardest games i have ever seen. He was destroyed in the pocket last week. I dont think he was having to much fun.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Yeah, Steve Spurrier's reputation is taking a hit with the Redskins.

TRD

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
well i think that was our 3rd straight loss,we only just got beat but things don't look to good..

TRD

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Now that he has become the NFL's all-time sack leader, Washington Redskins legendary defensive end Bruce Smith is ready to call it a day.

Smith broke Reggie White's record in last Sunday's 20-7 win over the New York Giants, beating Giants left tackle Ian Allen inside and racking up his 199th career sack by taking down quarterback Jesse Palmer.

With this record broken, the 40-year-old will bring to and end a 19 year career that will almost certainly earn him a spot in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The Skins got an old fashioned arse whipping today in their own stadium 27-0 to the Cowboys!

TRD

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Yeah were having a bad season..

Ben

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Well steve is going to be the head coach next season still. Do you think they are going to make more off-season moves?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join